PDA

View Full Version : Who is running MiDiv ITA next year?

tnord
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm just curious to see if we'll have any new drivers/cars in the class next year, and what kinda cars/numbers to expect. probably be the same as this year, but i just thought i'd ask. Please list your name and what you drive. I'll probably run ITA again as i have way too many good kumho tires to use that aren't allowed in SM, so i'll start.

1) Travis Nordwald 1991 Spec Miata.

PeteK
11-03-2006, 06:16 PM
You know I'll be there! :P

2) Pete Knese 1987 BMW 325e

PSherm
11-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm planning on getting the Neon fully prepped for ITA next year. Unless I win the lottery or someone gives me a new SSC car to replace the Neon...

Jan in Omaha
11-06-2006, 11:11 AM
When I can find the $$ to replace the motor I'll be running. (unless someone wants to buy it for a winter project?)

fiat124girl
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Jude will be participating in the #69 240SX

Speed Raycer
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Now that I've got a nice "fresh" cheater* motor all lined up, I'll at least be running IT7 next year, not that I'll have a chance with the 1:12ers parked over in Sauget.

If you guys need someone else to beat in ITA, let me know ;)

*Super secret Spy Hunter oil seals and exhaust porting

tnord
11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
good luck with the new motor in the 240 guys.

c'mon out in ITA Scott.....if ya ask me, all y'all IT7 guys should just come play in ITA. i just got the final pts report for MidAm, and ITA was 2nd only to SM in # of entries on the year, having you guys out there would put us at an avg of 12 entries per race. wouldn't that be a hoot! :035:

Turkflyer
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I just got another engine in my car, so I'll be there. Still have some bugs to work out by spring.

mustanghammer
11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Okay, Watney talked me into it.....I'll run ITA next year

Speed Raycer
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Hmmmm.... Stevens just sold his 7 to someone out of the division, Peterson's going to run ITA... Now if I can just talk Nadeem into running A with the big dogs, Us slow guys can have fun in IT7! :D

IPRESS
11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Travis,
After looking at the SOWDIV Regional schedule I am pretty sure I am going to do MIDDIV this year. A bunch of our races are at MSR-Houston and I can get to Hallett easier. I go to Memphis anyway so I think I will change my region and just run with you guys. Gateway & MAM might be a little far, but I can make Memphis, Heartland, and Hallett. That is when I get the T5 RAtlanta wall brusies fixed!

m glassburner
11-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm glad your ok mac....what happened ??? #19 omni mdg. :wacko:

tnord
11-23-2006, 06:15 PM
wow mac, i wasn't expecting that. glad to hear it though, as that instantly makes competition better in MiDiv in ITA. will you make the first regional at topeka in april? i'll try and watch for you, as i think i know what your car looks like.

i look forward to racing with you and hope to learn some things in the process. :happy204:

IPRESS
11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Flip, ( for you not in the know that is my Omni driving buddy)
Yeah I am ok, and the car will be too after the body shop guys work it over next week. I had an off in T1 during qualifying Sunday morning. Me and another miata claimed the same racing space. Was able to drive it back to the paddock after getting out and doing some fender work with my hands. We checked everything out for damage EXCEPT for the front hubs. I thought he checked he thought I checked etc. Made it through the Miata Madness race (maybe my best ever) but I complained that our setup must be off as the car was fine in righthanders, but tough to get turned in lefties. Still had a great race, so in my SM upbringing I just parked her filled it with gas and checked the toe. (You know us ex SMers we don't worry much about prerace prep.) :P Anyhoo, Myron, my co driver wanted me to start the enduro so if there was any first lap scrapes they would be my fault :bash_1_: (smart on his part.) The car was still real good except for T5 and I had her up about 9 or ten spots from qualifying position when I figured it was time to pit for our driver switch. I was pretty beat as I had been in the car for all the laps since he ran the Pro IT race. I wanted him to get the biggest part of the enduro. So after 18 or so laps I called in to say I was coming in. I told him to watch out for lefthanders 10a was getting tougher each trip and T5 was lets just say exciting and getting closer to gravel each time through. Just our (or my) luck, the other two cars we were sharing pits with came in before I got back around. So I had to stay out. Going through five the wheel bearing toasted and I couldn't get her to turn..... gravel then BAM! I at first just thought it was me being tired and driving bad, but later we found out about the bearing. Lucky for me no injuries, not even that sore for an old guy.

Travis,
Don't know about the competition part, but I will be in on the having fun part. (My 07 goal is no body work and more beer drinking as a reward)
I will more then likely be at Memphis for that MidAM in March, and after that it just depends on how the weekends work out with the golf tournament schedule at the club. If you guys would book these races on Mondays I could run the whole schedule. :D I need to find out about changing my region so I can be a part of the group. I did it once before with Mid South, but I forget what I had to do. I looked at the schedule and I am going to do my best to make 6 or seven race weekends. I may have to find some places to leave the car and trailer rather then hauling all the way back to Cowtown. Our Div has some nice folks and fun guys to run with, but I am not going to fight going to Houston several times for one day events. It is about like the Atlanta traffic. I am sure I would go postal if I had to battle that every day.

charrbq
11-26-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree with you on the one day events, Mac. I've argued the point too long only to be told to eat s**t. I can go to Memphis twice year and have more fun than I can stand, eat more than I can hold, and occassionally have competition. If the doctors (and maybe lawyers) clear me, I'll be up there harassing some of the A cars, but trying to stay out of the way. :023:

IPRESS
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Chris,
I fought the one day situation about four or five years ago. I told the PTB in our Div that we (Reg. Only racers were getting treated as second class. At the time they didn't have an answer other then run a national class. SO that is when we got organized and started WASMRRS and started running with NASA as much as SCCA. When there was a conflict with the two sanctioning bodies the SM guys all went with NASA as they were giving us two days and longer races. That got the PTBs attention and some of them started thinking of ways to get the group (SM) with the big car count to race with them again. Now that SM is national it seems the Reg. Only classes are back being in a limited situation. There are too many other areas that run great regional programs for me to worry about SOWDIV. I am just going to go where I can have the most fun for my dollar spent. I will still run some of the SOWDIV races when it fits my schedule. I just decided not to fight them again. (I don't have numbers on my side this time!) :dead_horse:
I would really like to see SOWDIV conduct a first class 8-24 hour annual enduro in late Jan. or early Feb. at TWS. I think you could get a full field and attract many out of state racers. (Great chance for those out of DIV national racers to get plenty of seat time before the DBL. NAT.) As with anytime in Texas the weather could be perfect or freezing, but we need a major enduro down here, and the elements make it interesting. Hopefully some people with the energy to fight the status quo will consider that.
Meanwhile Old Yellar will be running alittle farther north most of the time.

charrbq
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I hear you, Mac! I had hoped to shake up some stuff and get some ideas rolling, but it was just p$$sin' in the wind. The deaf ears will someday wonder why they have no racing program now that there looks to be several tracks blooming in the state. In the mean time, a certain rumored few will have run off with the buck and financed their own tracks and restaurants...not to mention any names.

I started going to Memphis years ago for every reason that a guy should go to races. If they run in conflict with a SOWDIV event I weigh the odds. Six hour drive/six hour drive...race with friends/race with different friends...treated like a lower class citizen/made to feel at home and truly appreciated...had to go out to eat as the party food was gone 15 minutes after the last race/have more barbeque and the trimmings to swim through than they have at most restaurants...and, of course, two days of racing and still have a national program according to the GCR.

Let's see, which is it?

I've even gone so far as to drive to Daytona for a one day race than to drive to Ft. Worth for the same. It's farther, but I have a ten car class for an hour and a half enduro on one of the premier tracks in the world. Or, I can go to TMS, run by myself at the back of the group on a track that consists of two 180's connected by a loop.

No challenge to that question.

JIgou
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Mac - how long an enduro would we have to put on at MAM to get you up there for the Labor Day weekend? :D

Jarrod

IPRESS
11-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Jarrod those Holiday weekends are pretty tough as I usually have to work the Golf Shop to cover all the folks we run through the course. Labor day might be one that I could miss as Hunting season and college football are starting about that time. I am pretty easy these days, I am sort of like Drago (he says he just does the races to take up time inbetween the BS.) I usually try to make one "new tow" a year so coming up to Husker Country might work.