PDA

View Full Version : New Car classification

StephenB
11-01-2006, 12:05 AM
I would like to submit a new car into competition. I am wondering how and where I would go to get the information on the car needed to submit it. I imagine the internet would have all relevent information but I can't seem to find it... any good sites you know of?

Just to keep the thread interesting for a little while I'll give you a hint on the car. It Purrrrrssss

Stephen

gran racing
11-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Stephen,
When I did mine, I made friends with the Honda dealership and they let me borrow their factory shop manual. Once they learned what I was doing, they even helped find a few of the needed specs and made copies of the pages which listed them. It may not be a requirement to include photocopies from the OEM ship manual with many of the specs, but I personally think it's a good idea.

Becareful of just using the internet as your resource. While there are some very good resources out there, I've also seen plenty of inaccurate information even from normally reputable resources. I believe one said your Audi came with 150 HP stock? :lol:

Knestis
11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
What are you wanting to list? If you let us know, someone might well have references to the information you need.

K

Conover
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
You can find some info here:
http://www.nastf.org/oem.html
http://ebahn.bentleypublishers.com/audi/

TimM ITB
11-01-2006, 12:37 PM
OK Stephen - I'll bite.

Let me see....."it purrs".........

cougar? maybe
lynx? that's a stretch
rabbit? no purring there
fox? nope, no purring there either

anybody else care to take a guess??

Tim M

StephenB
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
What are you wanting to list? If you let us know, someone might well have references to the information you need.

K
[/b]

As Long as you don't bash me to much saying it will never be a good car :unsure: afterall everyone made fun of my audi as well and I happened to win a few races with that B) .

I have always loved Jaguars and the S-type was made in Rear Wheel Drive and the smaller X-type was made in Front Wheel Drive. However I can't find any specs on them. I have heard that the X-Type was made in a 2.0 5 speed but I am not sure. Might be an A car or an S car but it is a 2002 so I think it will take an additional year to get classified. Either way If I like it now would be the time to start. The S-Type is a 3.0 which may end up in S or R depending on the specs and was put intoo production in 2000.

Stephen

gran racing
11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Isn't that the car you just recently bought? A jag would be pretty cool to see out there!

lateapex911
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
A jaguar!?!?!? Cool! Bring it ON!

charrbq
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I can count only three Jags I've ever seen in club racing. While all three might not have won, they were still the coolest cars on the track...particularly the 140 in D Production I think it was.

Z3_GoCar
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
There was an E-type coupe running at Laguna-Seca, it was in the real BRG. He was in my run group during the Friday Practice session. I heard he inhearited it from his father. Then there's the 140 that runs with VARA.

I suspect that you might have better luck at a Ford dealer looking for these specs. A 2.0l was it a Z-tec motor?

James

StephenB
11-02-2006, 12:57 AM
There was an E-type coupe running at Laguna-Seca, it was in the real BRG. He was in my run group during the Friday Practice session. I heard he inhearited it from his father. Then there's the 140 that runs with VARA.

I suspect that you might have better luck at a Ford dealer looking for these specs. A 2.0l was it a Z-tec motor?

James
[/b]

I did just by a used jag for the street. and yes it BRG that was a requirment! It is an X-type 3.0 stick (Hard to find) But it is AWD. So that keeps it safe as my street car :) Since it is an X-type I'm not sure if REAL Jaguar enthusiasts will let me fit in but I happen to love the cars looks and I will now more after I have had it for a while. (I actually haven't picked mine up yet)

AS far as the specs I have been having a hard time and I don't live anywhere near a Jag dealer. I figured that maybe someone hear might know if car companies kept archived models online?

As far as the 2.0 I'm not sure what engine it is. I have heard it was made in the X-Type and on the net I see it mentioned but I haven't found any specs at all. a 2.0 FWD seems like a fun ITA car but since it wasn't produced until 2002 I have another year to get it in.

The 3.0 s-type is a big RWD car that might be a fun S car or possible it might fit into ITR. those where made in 2000 and could be classified now.

I love the Audi don't get me wrong but my favorite car since a kid was always a Jag!
Stephen

TimM ITB
11-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Stephen;

Believe it or not, in my little town of Boylston, MA - we have a Jag dealer right here! If you want to pm me more specific information (VIN number, etc) I will take it to the dealer and see what I can get for you.

Let me know!

later,

Tim M

BobsAuto
11-02-2006, 08:47 AM
It Purrrrrssss

[/b]

There you go, your vanity plate could be ----ITPURRS---- or ITPERS---- or ITPRS --- or IPURR ---

Andy Bettencourt
11-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Here is what I know:

The S-Type share a platform with the Lincoln LS series cars. V6 or V8 powered.

The X-Type showed up in 2002 in 2.5 and a 3.0L versions - both AWD. It shares the paltform with the Eurpoean Ford Mondeo (Contour here).

I can not find any reference to any 4-cyl X-Type or any version that was not AWD for US models. I do not believe they ever made such a thing. Some research shows that FWD versions are available in other countries.

BobsAuto
11-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Dreher-Holloway Jaguar is in Exeter, NH....not too far from Rochester. You may be able to find info there. Also, call Woburn Foreign Motors in Woburn, MA and see if Steve Lewis is still there. He used to race Toyotas in Nationals and was the one instrumental in our getting the MR2 from Toyota way back when. He would probably LOVE to help you out. I sure he remembers you. He has a daughter about your age that you used to play with in the paddock at Bryar.

1stGenBoy
11-02-2006, 10:16 AM
You need to send in a VTS sheet to SCCA with your request.
You can find it here:

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/SCCA-VTS-2005.pdf

StephenB
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Here is what I know:

The S-Type share a platform with the Lincoln LS series cars. V6 or V8 powered.

The X-Type showed up in 2002 in 2.5 and a 3.0L versions - both AWD. It shares the paltform with the Eurpoean Ford Mondeo (Contour here).

I can not find any reference to any 4-cyl X-Type or any version that was not AWD for US models. I do not believe they ever made such a thing. Some research shows that FWD versions are available in other countries.
[/b]

Yup you are correct on the platforms. I beleive that the 2.0 might not have been available in the US as you stated. (It is a 2.0 V6)

The S Type is a V6 as well but the smallest engine is the 3.0. This car may not be that great on the track as it really is a Huge car!! It is probably my least favorite jag as far as looks are concerned and it may weight to much to even try to make competitive.
I'm going to try and get the specs anyway and when I do I will post here to see what others think about it.

Stephen

RSTPerformance
11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Stephen... Jag V-8 for you and an Audi V-8 for me... If ITR wont let us play, then we will just have to go to ITE :) Dam I wish I made money....

Raymond

RSTPerformance
11-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Stephen
Let me know which one you want to go for. I do have a contact at Dreher-Holloway and some of the stuff
that is Lincoln I can easy at work. It would be easier for me than your dads new Porsche
Tom :D