PDA

View Full Version : ITO or ITU

Edwin Ho
10-25-2006, 10:03 PM
If I'm reading the rule correctly, a Grand Am Cup ST RX-8 gets bumped to ITO because its a rotary even though all NA ST cars are in ITU. Can anyone explain why this is? With the 2x 1.3L displacement correction, its still less than 3L.

Ed.

Butch Kummer
10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Ed,

How to explain? How about an oversight when writing a new set of rules for a class that doesn't exist anywhere else? I was heavily involved in writing these and certainly see we missed this, so I'll take it up with the Competition Committee before the event. I'm thinking we added the exception to account for people dialing up the boost, but then the car would no longer meet the rules for the series it was built for, would it?

I've also been notified that the Viper Racing League (which is specifically listed in ITO) uses a spec slick rather than DOT tires as called for in our rules. The intent is: If the car meets the rules for a series specifically listed (and you have a copy of those rules in case it is questioned), you are legal in ITO/ITU.

Short answer - if your car is legal in GrandAm ST, enter it in ITU.

Butch Kummer
ARRC Committee Chairman
Atlanta Region Competition Director
AR Competition Committee Chairman

eho
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks Butch!

Ed.

charrbq
10-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I am continually amazed (although I shouldn't be) at the courteous and rapid response to us entrants and crew concerning questions about the ARRC. You guys are really great! :023: