PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes ITA Champ!

Rabbit07
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Is this true?

Awesome!!

Congratulations!!!

dropkick317
10-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Yes it is true. And I thank you Chris. Things may have been all together different if Kevin and Colin didn't have a coming together at Grattan, or if Marhefka and Joey did more races, or if more showed up at Nelson, or if Ian kept it on the track :D , or if Mark Hopkins was there in the end, or even if Linn didn't give Downing the finger at IRP :P .

The fact remains that I stayed consistent and clean, I got faster every time out, and I had a whole lot of fun! So I'll take it.

R2 Racing
10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Second place for the second year in a row. I'm so ashamed. Personally, I blame Grattan! Four races entered, two started, and only one actually finished. It also kept me from the Autumn Classic at Mid Ohio. Oh well.

Congrats to Scott though for running a good, clean, and progressively quicker season. But for being the Great Lakes Division ITA Champion, you really should be going to the ARRC. ;)

downingracing
10-25-2006, 05:57 AM
BIG props to the top Three! :happy204:

Scott - GREAT JOB! Always fun having you at the track! Your car is one of the nicest prepped ITA cars around and your driving has put you at the pointy end of the field. CONGRATS!

Kevin - NICE JOB on 2nd. 2 major accidents (in one season) and you still got 2nd! You're setting the ITA bar higher and higher. Do the GREAT LAKES div. proud at the ARRC!

Joe - Nice meeting you this season. I'm calling you Mr. 12 or 0! You only ran a handfull of races, but ended up on top every time! Including the one race where you were actually on your top! 3rd - Congrats!

There are several other ITA drivers in the GREAT LAKES div. that are right up there with these Three. Colin, Marhefka, Ian and Hopkins are always fast. Lynn got his first ITA win (sweeping the weekend) and man does that SER pull! There are others I'm forgetting, but ITA really is the class to be in! I believe our div. has some of the BEST ITA drivers in the country!

Thanks for a great racing season! Looking forward to seeing everyone next year!

Racerlinn
10-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Congrats to Scott as well - beautifully prepped car, wish I could comment on the driver but you were always so far ahead of me...I guess that says something right there!

I'm happy to have gotten up to sixth overall, just wish I could have gotten more than 3 weekends in this year. I'm trying to figure out how to hide the purchase of some new springs and shocks over the winter from the wife so that the sled will not wallow so badly in the turns. And with the Kumhobucks from ORP, I'm going to try some 710's next year.

I'm starting to have withdrawl already.
I gotta go put anti-freeze back in the radiator this week so I can drive it to work on occasion. :D

Hi Matt! :018: :006:

ITA_CRX
10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
It took me at least 5 minutes to figure out who Scott Lunder is.

Then I remembered, he's the guy that is a PITA to pass. I watched him drive away from me down every straight away at Mid-Ohio on the 4th of July.

Scott, you clearly should have slowed down and let me by.

Oh yeah, and congrats on winning!

R2 Racing
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Scott, you clearly should have slowed down and let me by.[/b]
You know, I say the same thing to Colin, Jon, and Joey, but it doesn't work with them either. :P

One thing is for certain, in the Great Lakes Division, ITA is the place to be. :023:

Matt - thanks for the kind words. It's been a tough season and honestly, I don't think I'll be quite as upset about the arrival of the off season as I was last year after the ARRC. I need a freaking break! It was a very "highest of the highs and lowest of the lows" year, but I'm still very happy about the "highs" and learned to deal with the "lows". Now lets just hope that come the OVR banquet, I can make it three years in a row. ;)

dropkick317
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
But for being the Great Lakes Division ITA Champion, you really should be going to the ARRC. ;)
[/b]
I really want to go to the ARRC. And I still have not given up hope, it's just the whole funding thing. I've tried everyone (even my girlfriends roller derby team, I told them I could pay them back in "trade" but I don't think they are going for it :cavallo: ). It is a definite in '07 if I lighten up my schedule a bit and maybe pay my truck off.

I really appreciate all the kind words from all of you, and I couldn't think of any other place to be. Not only is are division the best to race in, but we have the best group of people here too!

iagreen
10-26-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm gonna start telling people that I'm on track fighting it out with the divisional champ. I just won't tell them I can't see the race leaders. :P

So I was gonna try and add Grattan to my schedule for next year. But maybe I should skip that and go to Gingerman and Nelson. :smilie_pokal:

tom91ita
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
It took me at least 5 minutes to figure out who Scott Lunder is. [/b]

i just figured it out too. i was transferring some in-car tape to VHS last night and saw this black eg civic si hatch blow by me on the straight at grattan on memorial day weekend and a few laps later a red civic sedan.

then this a.m. i see this thread and see two cars in the avatars that looked familiar. i'll have to look you guys up next summer. grattan in May will likely be my first race next year.

tom

1st gen black crx si, itb

Eagle7
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
So I was gonna try and add Grattan to my schedule for next year. But maybe I should skip that and go to Gingerman and Nelson. :smilie_pokal:
[/b]
If you haven't come to Grattan, that should be the top of your list. Much more fun/interesting/challenging than Gingerman IMHO. Similar characteristics to M-O IMO. Nelson is a fun fast track, but it has its own issues.

iagreen
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
^^^ He didn't get it.

R2 Racing
10-26-2006, 06:27 PM
^^^ He didn't get it.
[/b]
You'll have to excuse Marty; he's kind of old. :cavallo: Gingerman is kind of boring though and Grattan is indeed fun....if you're in a CRX....and get to grid in time for your race....and don't wreck your car. :P

Scott, I heard a rumor yesterday that you were toying with the idea of selling your car. I will kick you square in the nuts.

Eagle7
10-26-2006, 09:33 PM
You&#39;ll have to excuse Marty; he&#39;s <strike>kind of</strike> old. :cavallo:
[/b]
Lets just say Paul Newman is my hero.

Rabbit07
10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Grattan is a must do.

dropkick317
10-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Scott, I heard a rumor yesterday that you were toying with the idea of selling your car. I will kick you square in the nuts.
[/b]

Yes, I have toyed with the idea of selling it. That was earlier in the year before I got the car to perform the way it is. Now I love it! But that doesn&#39;t mean I won&#39;t toy with the idea again later. It&#39;s no secret that I want to go to bonneville, buy a house, and start my own machine shop, but I think thats all years down the road, so plan on me being around for a while.

downingracing
10-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Look me up when the time comes to sell it. It really is a great car and I bet I can make it look like $h!t in about 22 seconds! :cavallo:

iagreen
10-27-2006, 07:31 AM
It&#39;s no secret that I want to go to bonneville, [/b]
What, so you can go maybe 150?

buy a house[/b]
Completely overrated. Not actually any fun at all. And actually removes money from the racing column.

and start my own machine shop[/b]
Ok, you can do this one. But only if you let me come up and make my own stuff.

RacerBill
10-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Lets just say Paul Newman is my hero.
[/b]

Here here! And next year, my car number is going to be the same as my age, just like Paul&#39;s. But my car number is only &#39;61&#39;.

Racerlinn
10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Look me up when the time comes to sell it. It really is a great car and I bet I can make it look like $h!t in about 22 seconds! :cavallo:
[/b]

Make sure to mark it up an extra 50% if you sell it to Downing.
And he&#39;ll make it look like $hit just by sitting in it.

...dammnit Downing, now you&#39;re copying my avatar...don&#39;t you have a better pic where the car is sideways and getting hit by a Miata..... :P

downingracing
10-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Steve, My avitar is nothing like yours - Same beach, but I didn&#39;t get stuck! :P Oh yea, I&#39;m getting new rear bumper stickers made for next season - anything you&#39;d like to see on there? (since that is all you&#39;ll see!!!!) See ya @ roundtable! :birra:

R2 Racing
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
I should find a picture of my car sitting on its roof in the gravel trap. That would make a nice avatar. Actually, it wasn&#39;t even in the gravel trap anymore - it made it all the way through before ending up on the roof! So once again, more proof that I am better than Steve. :dead_horse:

Racerlinn
10-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I should find a picture of my car sitting on its roof in the gravel trap. That would make a nice avatar. Actually, it wasn&#39;t even in the gravel trap anymore - it made it all the way through before ending up on the roof! So once again, more proof that I am better than Steve. :dead_horse:
[/b]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh............
I can&#39;t wait till Amy kicks you and your pumpkin cars a$$ at the ARRC.....
:bash_1_:
I&#39;m sure someday I will join you in rolling a race car over.

R2 Racing
10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh............
I can&#39;t wait till Amy kicks you and your pumpkin cars a$$ at the ARRC.....
:bash_1_:
I&#39;m sure someday I will join you in rolling a race car over.
[/b]
Alright Steve, now I&#39;m going to need your phone number so you can be the first person I&#39;ll call from the podium. :smilie_pokal:

(You&#39;re also forgetting about Joey and Colin. :wacko: )