PDA

View Full Version : New ITA cars?

jsidhu
10-22-2006, 06:28 PM
will new cars added to the ITA class for 2007?

If so, where can i get some more information?

Knestis
10-22-2006, 06:31 PM
It's a flawed system, to my way of thinking, but SCCA doesn't naturally add cars each year - even the newly elgibile years of those already in the IT Specs. Members need to submit requests for classification.

K

Andy Bettencourt
10-22-2006, 06:36 PM
will new cars added to the ITA class for 2007?

If so, where can i get some more information? [/b]

What kind of cars are you talking about?

abreakey
10-22-2006, 07:03 PM
I assume that my SSC 97 Protege that ages out this year will be ITA eligble next year - any reason why it wouldn't?

I will be bringing it out to a few events this season in the mid-atlantic states.

see you out there.

adamb

jsidhu
10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
What kind of cars are you talking about?
[/b]

my question was intended to mean if *any* new cars were going to be added. Basically, I am trying to get into SCCA and would like to compete in ITA eventually. So I want to select a car and work towards that goal.... so I wanted to see what options I had..

At this point, Im thinking of the 89/90 240sx coupe.. or the 87 Fiero

Greg Amy
10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Both of those cars are already classified in Improved Touring.

I suggest downloading the rules: http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/GCR2006.pdf

Z3_GoCar
10-22-2006, 08:54 PM
my question was intended to mean if *any* new cars were going to be added. Basically, I am trying to get into SCCA and would like to compete in ITA eventually. So I want to select a car and work towards that goal.... so I wanted to see what options I had..

At this point, Im thinking of the 89/90 240sx coupe.. or the 87 Fiero
[/b]

Another good option for an ITA car would be the 94-97 1.8l Miata. The NA body style is a little lighter than the NB, with the 1.8l making better power than the earlier 1.6l that's commonly used in Spec Miata. I suspose it all depends on what location and the types of tracks that you're closest to, in the end a lot of work will be required to fully develop any IT car and driver.

James

Ron Earp
10-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Isn't the Miata in IT? I just saw two win the SIC a couple weeks ago - one in S and one in A.

R

TArnold
10-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I have a 1993 Honda Civic EX that I am hoping SCCA will include in ITA for 2007. Has anyone tried to get the 1992 to 1995 Civic EX classified before?

Andy Bettencourt
10-25-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a 1993 Honda Civic EX that I am hoping SCCA will include in ITA for 2007. Has anyone tried to get the 1992 to 1995 Civic EX classified before? [/b]

Throw the stats out here and I think we can give you an idea. The 94-95 cars and the 96-98's are already in the GCR...simply adding the year to the current listing should be easy.

Knestis
10-25-2006, 09:06 PM
That '92-95 EX is probably an "OK" car for ITA. There's a guy named Lyonel Kent who peddles on pretty good here in the SE. It's not a Dominator but it would be a pretty good option, with lots of cheap spares/cars out there to support a racing habit.

K

EDIT - sorry. Those years are all the same, as I understand it. The model break is with the '96 at the new end and '91 at the other...

ON FURTHER EDIT - nobody has ever fixed the fact that the same generation of Civic Si (same years, same everything as the EX but the hatch instead of the coupe) is represented in the ITCS on TWO spec lines, with two different weights.

jsidhu
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima. It would be fun to race that in IT.. what is the route to take in order to see if I can get this car classified?

lateapex911
10-30-2006, 09:53 AM
The Maxima is classified in ITR, for the model years 00-01, at 3040.

If you wanted the earlier version classed, you could eamail the ITAC and CRB with a request. include the pertinent data on the car.

I have to say though, that I might think twice about running the car. It had a lot of power, IIRC, and that means it will be classed at a not so light weight. It willl get the FWD and probably some brake compensation, but even still, it's going to be tough to get by the RX-7s and BMWs and other front runners, if it fits in ITS, on 7" wheels. My initial reaction was one of those cars that just wasn't a "fit", but lets get the numbers on it.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and I am all for diversity, but theres a lot of development ahead of you before the car sits on the front row of the ARRC.

If you post some numbers here, maybe we can give you an idea of the class and weight it would run if classed.