PDA

View Full Version : Race Engineering Comes to ITS

raceengineering
10-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Race Engineering is proud to announce that we will campaign a 1999 Miata in ITS for 2007 driven by
Bob Thornton, the 2006 SM SARRC Champion. With crew chief to be, championship winning crew chief Glenn (lead coon dog tuner) Murphey.

We will be campaigning for the SARRC championship, as well as other selected races. We are looking forward to making new friends and a great year of racing. See you at the track...

gmmiata
10-22-2006, 07:57 AM
:023: Can't wait!!!!!

Hotshoe
10-22-2006, 08:35 AM
We will be campaigning for the SARRC championship, as well as other selected races. We are looking forward to making new friends and a great year of racing. See you at the track...
[/b]

Bob,

.... Welcome to the class and run group. Given your obvious accomplishments I find it interesting that you would want to come and ride with us on the " Short Bus " lol :blink:

.... Rick Thompson
.... ITR BMW Z3 .... Maybe

dspillrat
10-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi Bob,
Hope to see you at VIR...Will be a great track for the Miata.
I hope to make a few races 2007 myself, should be fun racin.

David Spillman
ITS #48
red Z

seckerich
10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
There goes the neighborhood!! :D Great to see some new faces in the class this year Bob. We can practice our "syncronized spinning" at VIR.

raceengineering
10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate the acceptance in Your class.
I haven't been this excited about racing in a long time.
See You guys at VIR.

Bob Thornton

Race Engineering

dj10
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Race Engineering is proud to announce that we will campaign a 1999 Miata in ITS for 2007 driven by
Bob Thornton, the 2006 SM SARRC Champion. With crew chief to be, championship winning crew chief Glenn (lead coon dog tuner) Murphey.

We will be campaigning for the SARRC championship, as well as other selected races. We are looking forward to making new friends and a great year of racing. See you at the track... [/b]

Is that a Gordon Setter?

JeffYoung
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
WElcome aboard. ITS-ITA-IT7 is a good group to run with.

Bryan88
10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Welcome to ITS Bob.......I'll be interested to see how the
Miata runs in ITS........It should be very competitive.........

See you at VIR in the #57 Z car.......... :023:

Mr. Pink
10-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Watch out for Bob guys.He'll get you all 'shined up before the race.He knows how to race with a hangover !

lateapex911
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Cool!

Bob...you need to expand into Porsches...944S2s, to be exact. Can I be your guinea pig? ;)

Parrish57
10-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Bob... Welcome to the class. It will be great racing with you!

Since you are new to the class I thought I'd let you in on a little secret. You see, ITS is a lot more civilized than the SM crowd. We don't run around in a wide open, hell bent for leather, win at all cost frenzy. We think everyone should get a chance to stand at the top of the podium. And since it's been so long since my last win, everyone got together and voted to let me win this weekend at VIR (Thanks guys!). I just thought I'd let you in on this so you wouldn't come out and embarrass yourself by setting a new track record or something uncivilized like that.

See you at the track!

Steve

raceengineering
10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Track record!!! Did someone say track record?????
It may be a little early for that!
We are starting with a 99 SM with out the restrictor plate so it wont be fast.
Dont worry Steve I wont mess up Your win at VIR.

seckerich
10-23-2006, 02:05 PM
I just got the results of the vote today so I will add the required 200 pounds of ballast that all the non winners are supposed to run. I will bring enough for Bob if he doesn't bring his own. Just drop by my trailer and we can install it in the morning. ;)

Parrish57
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you guys so much for your cooperation. I really thought we would get into that "hanging chad" debate again.

Ron Earp
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey, I thought you guys were going to let Jeff win this weekend? You know, he's worked do hard with the TR8 and all, and since everybody gets a chance to stand on the podium, well, might be his turn to have one.

Those miatas will be fast in ITS (already are) and I think they will have a chance at the big tracks too when fully built and ready to play.

Ron

JeffYoung
10-23-2006, 05:34 PM
My chad said SPillman, but I guess it was a-hangin´.

mattbatson
10-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Is that a Gordon Setter?
[/b]

Thats a black and tan coonhound!
Had one myself for 12 yrs before passing on from cancer...

great dogs,
matt

raceengineering
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Coon dogs and moon Shine! How about that?
The dogs name is Jim and he's a good dog, as far as dogs go and just loves to hunt.
We try to go about once a week just to get out of the house and to drink some good shine.
Mostly go in Surry county NC big coons and lots places to go.
Glenn "the lead coon dog tuner" and myself are meeting Bill Dinkins and and some of his pals tonight,no moon so I dont know if we will tree one or not!
Jim old Blue and Red are barkin so its time to go. See you at VIR(stop and see me, maby we will have some shine left over from tonight.)

Ron Earp
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
With all this discussion about who is going to win what and stand on the podium at VIR I've a good mind to bring that Jensen Healey out and.....oh.....nevermind......

R

gmmiata
10-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Watch out for Bob guys.He'll get you all 'shined up before the race.He knows how to race with a hangover !

Ha Pink......Sounds like the pot calling the kettle balck :o

Glenn
Lead Irish Setter Tuner

raceengineering
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Irish Setter noe that's BIG!!!!! :D