PDA

View Full Version : Anyone headed to Blackhawk next weekend?

shwah
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
If the weather is reasonable we plan to be there in ITB. If it is very cold and/or wet we will probably get started on the winter projects.

michael baumet
10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
If I can get my car ready I plan on being there, this weekend will determine that. Even if it may rain I still plan on going. Hope to see a good turn out.

planet6racing
10-23-2006, 08:07 AM
No. Not going. It's entirely too late in October. And, the time change is really going to screw with things!

But, you're right. Bring snow tires. And a bucket so that, on the cool down lap, you can swing by all the corner stations and Trick or Treat!

shwah
10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
No. Not going. It's entirely too late in October. And, the time change is really going to screw with things!

But, you're right. Bring snow tires. And a bucket so that, on the cool down lap, you can swing by all the corner stations and Trick or Treat!
[/b]

WOW! Thanks for the time change reminder. Being the first group, it would be easy to get that all wrong and show up on grid an hour early. Still not sure if we will gut this one out, but I sure do want to drive one more time this year.

K_speed
10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll be there too! hopefully it wont be too cold.

Oh, I plan on being a racecar driver for Halloween this year! ;)

10-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I was there last weekend for the MC 50 lap race. Even after it dried out, the track is greasy. Figure 3 seconds slower than normal. If it does not snow, bring the softest tires you can. Good luck

michael baumet
10-24-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll be there, the car is together and ready (hopefully!!). I know of 4 ITB cars at this point that have commited to going. Hope to see you there Chris.

shwah
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I was leaning the other way, but you have swayed me. Need to get some brakes on the front, good thing we have 2 sessions on Saturday so I can bed them in a bit.

Make that 5 ITB cars :happy204:

1stGenBoy
10-25-2006, 11:48 AM
No way for me. The 12 days at the Runoffs used up the rest of my race time for the year that I get from the wife. Plus it was cold,rainy,windy most of the week at Topeka so I do not need any more of that.
Good luck to all that are going and have fun!

Bob Clark
#76 ITB 86 CRX Si
#76 GTL 88 CRX Si
2007 Cen-Div License Chairman
2006 GTL SCCA National Champion's Crew Chief

Greg Gauper
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
The weather can't be any worse than it was at the Runoffs :D

Looks like Saturday might be crappy, but should be dry for the races on Sunday.

Wish I could take some of this weather out here in L.A. back with me for the week-end.

See you guys there!

P.S. Don't forget... the theme for the week-end and the beer party is based on "Young Frankenstein".

Dress appropriately. Based on how my back was feeling at the Runoffs, I would have been a shoe-in for Igor :lol:
They'll be showing the movie at the party. Great flick!

michael baumet
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
I just heard this morning that the weather is supposed to be 50 and partly sunny for Saturday.

shwah
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
It just dawned on me that my crew can use my car in the PDX event if they want.

Mathis will be up helping me this weekend. I think I will pay for him to run PDX in my car and give me some setup advise :D. Just need to figure out how to adjust the seat appropriately.

Greg Gauper
10-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow, was that ever a nice weekend! The rain held off and Saturday was sunny but cool and windy. Sunday was warmer with no wind and it was a beautiful fall day. The track was very fast. I think the ITB winner was under the track record.

It was nice meeting you Chris!

I looked up your lap times after your race....pretty respectable for a car with a tired motor!

Too bad you had the problems on the second lap, I think you would have had a good dice with the silver Golf. Good luck next year!

Peter Olivola
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, someone has to congratulate Greg. Always handled good in the corners and now, on the straights. How's it feel to have such a stout motor after all this time?

Wow, was that ever a nice weekend! The rain held off and Saturday was sunny but cool and windy. Sunday was warmer with no wind and it was a beautiful fall day. The track was very fast. I think the ITB winner was under the track record.

I looked up your lap times after your race....pretty respectable for a car with a tired motor!

Too bad you had the problems on the second lap, I think you would have had a good dice with the silver Golf. Good luck next year!
[/b]

Greg Gauper
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Peter,

It wasn't so much me having lots of power as it was running in nearly ideal weather conditions. The cool dry air helped to make lots of power, and the track had a lot of grip. That was the first time I ever had to grab fifth gear exiting turn 2! I knocked 1.4 seconds off my personal best lap time set earlier this year with the same motor.

I gotta admit, that was pretty cool starting on the overall pole for the combined Prod/SM field. First time I ever had a clear view of the starters stand to see the green :lol:

Like anything else, once you think you have enough HP, after a while you still want more :)

shwah
10-30-2006, 02:43 PM

[/b]

Hey thanks Greg! It was great meeting you, and thank you very much for the help on figuring out the track better. It sure would have been nice to race with the other Golfs, but I guess I should have caught that spin sooner.

At that point, racing all alone, I figured the least I could do was give a show to the t6 crowd, so I drove on two weels from T6 apex curbing to T6 track out curbing :cavallo: . Now I know how NOT to take that corner.

Sorry you didn't have more folks to play with in G. I may make the move there, or to F in the future but the B group is pretty fun for me right now.