PDA

View Full Version : Acura Spring Rates

jermjerm12
10-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Still asking for any advice about spring rates for a 1991 integra gs for ita. I know that different tracks/driving style, etc come into play, but i'm looking for a starting point atleast. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

R2 Racing
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
First of all, where are you located and will I ever race against you? :P

lateapex911
10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I saw your post but as I don't race an Acura, much less a front wheel drive car, I passed on responding.

But, just to get things rolling, here are some very basic considerations to think about.

-What kind of cage is in the car?
-What dampers will you use?
-What tires are you running?
-Bushing selection?

IT has conservative cage rules compared to World Challenge, and of course, the World challenge cars have very high end dampers, bushings, and are required to run on a specific tire. I have seen their spring rate packages though, and they are pretty high...esp in the rear. Were talking thousands of pounds per inch rear springs. In IT, the numbers I have heard are much less, but I can't quote them exactly.

Maybe a discussion of your budget and experience would elicit some comments?

jermjerm12
10-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Lateapex911,
I apreciate your getting the ball rolling. Alot of the questions you pose have yet to be determined. I will be using standard 6 point IT cage with petty bar and nascar door bars. I will be running kumho 225-50/15's, I think. Can't tell you for sure until I actually drove the car finished and evaluated the control. The rest of the answers I was hoping people on here could help with. I know there are several people driving integra's. I am obviously a newer driver in IT. However, I have spent some time racing different vehicles.(IT CRX, 125cc shifter karts, motorcycles, solo1 &2 etc.) I was looking for some general info and not looking to steal anyone's secrets. I thought this would be a fun thing? I had no idea people were so protective over basic set-ups. I will just call OPM, BSI, etc. for anymore questions. thanks for your reply!

R2 Racing,
I am not in your region unless I get a wicked job transfer....haha. I am not a driver you would ever have trouble passing. Just looking for some basics. Thanks for any help........ :wacko:

philstireservice
10-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Jermjerm12,

Call Anthony Serra at Meccanic Shop North (914-669-9679) in North Salem NY. He's one of the best at Acura's in the country ! I'm sure he can help you with your basic setup..........

Tell him that everyone in Improvedtouring.com sent you .....:)