PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Double Regional - who is going

mustanghammer
10-17-2006, 12:39 AM
If I can get my trans swapped out I will be there.

Speed Raycer
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
18 T3 Steven Burkett Silver 2004 Mazda RX-8
22 ITB Scott Williams red 1986 volkswagon golf
27 ITA Jeff Leavell Red 1990 Mazda Miata
32 ITA Roman Kickirillo Red 1990 Mazda Miata
41 ITC Michael Major orange/white/yellow 1979 Datsun 210
49 ITB Don Hendry White 1985 Volkswagen Golf GTI
59 ITA David Prokopf White 1987 Toyota MR2
71 ITC Curt Weilandich PPL,ORG,WHT 1986 Honda CRX
74 ITB Thomas Laird white 1974 ford pinto
77 ITA Jeff Seelig Green 1995 Dodge Neon
83 ITA Charles Mabry Red/White 1992 Mazda Miata
88 ITA Dana Hullinger Dark Blue 1993 Saturn SL2
94 ITA Jude Rudder Purple/Orange/White 1980 Mazda RX-7

trd771
10-17-2006, 09:35 PM
The 2 Tr8s will be there in ITS

CDS
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll be there in ITC, just registered this morning. And I believe an ITS 280Z will also be coming out of Mississippi.

m glassburner
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm 99% sure I'll be there for sundays race...I need to shake the car down B) mdg #19 omni

tnord
10-27-2006, 09:16 AM
is pete knese registered?

Speed Raycer
10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Yep, Knese is running

Entry List (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=2323&ByGroup=true#GROUP%201) (sponsored by Tuxedo Park Racing (http://www.tuxedoparkracing.com))

If you guys get a chance, feel free to swing by the T&S tower on Saturday (I might not be there some of Sunday) during some of the slower sessions if you want to see some of your lap times ;)

PeteK
10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I didn't think I would be in town, but I found out on Tues. that my trip was pushed back until next weekend! So I registered yesterday... :happy204:

Are you coming out Travis?

tnord
10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
DAMNIT! :bash_1_:

you're going to take my 3rd away from me aren't you?

i'm not going, i hate st louis.

i really need to make sure i race enough next year to score points in all 6 allowed events, instead of the 5 i have this year. oh well.......off to the dyno to find me some power.

PeteK
10-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey Travis, even without you being here it's still going to be pretty tough. I have to place at least 2nd in one of the two races this weekend to get it back. There are a bunch of ITA cars here this weekend including Jude in the RX-7 so you're pretty safe. :(

It's no Heartland Park or Hallett, but the track isn't that bad once you get used to it... I think it's the greatest track in the world, mainly because it's only 20 miles from my house. :P

You should come out and redo the driver's school here in March or something just to get a little more comfortable with it!

tnord
10-28-2006, 08:17 AM
eh, i doubt i'll drive at st. louis anytime soon. one little mistake at that place gets REAL expensive. i still haven't driven Hallet, and that's way higher up on my priority list to drive than St. Louis. plus i don't have the motor for St. Louis, it's like bringing a 9mil when everyone else has AK-47s.

good luck pete and i'll seeya next season. :birra:

mustanghammer
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
eh, i doubt i'll drive at st. louis anytime soon. one little mistake at that place gets REAL expensive. i still haven't driven Hallet, and that's way higher up on my priority list to drive than St. Louis. plus i don't have the motor for St. Louis, it's like bringing a 9mil when everyone else has AK-47s.

good luck pete and i'll seeya next season. :birra:
[/b]

Well I went and had a great time!

I hear what you are saying Travis, the walls are a bit close at times and very few sessions are without incident, however the track is allot of fun to drive.

It reminds me of a really fast autocross (I mean REALLY FAST) because of the way the track keep you busy. I only had a few seconds of rest on the front straight to look at gauges and check my "6." Watching Nadeem Bari and Jim Stevens drive into 1 and 2 without using brakes was a treat!

Can't wait til next year!

ddewhurst
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
***Watching Nadeem Bari and Jim Stevens drive into 1 and 2 without using brakes was a treat!***

That ^ I want to see with my own eyes. :o (they got a seperate brake light off switch so they can screw with peoples heads?)

mustanghammer
10-31-2006, 03:47 PM
***Watching Nadeem Bari and Jim Stevens drive into 1 and 2 without using brakes was a treat!***

That ^ I want to see with my own eyes. :o (they got a seperate brake light off switch so they can screw with peoples heads?)
[/b]

David,

I followed both of them at several points during the weekend and I was wondering the same thing! I talked to Nadeem and he clued me in on what they are doing. I saw their brake lights at HPT earlier in the year so I think they work....

By the way the hot shoes in SM and in the ITA Miata's were doing the same thing. I have in car video from Jim Daniels at Gateway and you can tell that he doesn't lift or brake going into turn 1.

Scary stuff. Maybe I will learn how to do this next year! Until then I'll keep using the "3rd place pedal" in my car.....

Greg Gauper
10-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Put Mathis in that group of guys that keep their right foot buried as they come down off the roval section heading back into the infield, similar to Daniels in-car SM video.

In my two trips down to Gateway, I think I have managed to do it for a grand total of one lap.....and I didn't exactly have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it.

As far as trick brake light switches.....that may be the case, but if it is, then I want to know where they hide the elaborate sound system so that it just 'sounds' like they have their foot on the gas when they turn down. :lol:

ddewhurst
10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok guys, no lift, no brake & no down shift.

What would you say the speed is down the front straight 110 mph plus before turning left off a slight bank onto the flat (rough transission) then in 30 yards a hard left turn. & your saying no slow down of any sort untill after the transission? I only been there once for a double Regional & I'm still saying I'll beleive it when I see it.

shwah
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM

What would you say the speed is down the front straight 110 mph plus before turning left off a slight bank onto the flat (rough transission) then in 30 yards a hard left turn. & your saying no slow down of any sort untill after the transission? I only been there once for a double Regional & I'm still saying I'll beleive it when I see it.
[/b]

I've seen it. Seen Mathis do it. Seen Albin do it in the IT and Prod cars. I did my school there and our instructor pointed out that while it is doable, the price for getting it wrong could be significant, and recommended we wait until next time out to think about trying :P .

Of course I did run it that way because my motor was so sour (72whp!) that I could not get out of 4th gear. But hey I was there for the school, not to be fast. Luckily got the problem figured out before having to suffer through another event like that.

tnord
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM

[/b]

SM does it pretty frequently, with the better suspension in IT, it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal.

mustanghammer
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM

[/b]

I figure I get to 115MPH and I use brakes. Not sure about Stevens and Bari but I am sure they are faster than that. They may lift a little but no brakes.

I think you can turn a 1:14 and use brakes and I was working on it when my right front strut came appart. But to run in the 1:13's (let alone a 1:13.1 like Stevens did on Sunday) you got to get on the ragged edge.

trd771
11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
had a good time this past weekend. The weather turned out to be nice. Thanks to everyone in the St Louis region for putting on a fun and laid back event

fiat124girl
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I figure I get to 115MPH and I use brakes. Not sure about Stevens and Bari but I am sure they are faster than that. They may lift a little but no brakes.

I think you can turn a 1:14 and use brakes and I was working on it when my right front strut came appart. But to run in the 1:13's (let alone a 1:13.1 like Stevens did on Sunday) you got to get on the ragged edge.
[/b]

I don't believe that Jim runs on "the ragged edge". He consistantly turns those times in a very well prepared PFM Racing RX-7 with a great Tuxedo Park Racing motor. He is a joy to watch. He drives everything well.

Nadeem is not quite as consistant but still a great driver in a great car.

I suspect that the 7's are going about 110 mph at the end of the straight, I know that Jude does not brake until after the turn before 2.

Travis, I agree, I don't like that track too much either, I would much rather drive farther to any other track but since it is so close it is hard to resist.

mustanghammer
11-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't believe that Jim runs on "the ragged edge". He consistantly turns those times in a very well prepared PFM Racing RX-7 with a great Tuxedo Park Racing motor. He is a joy to watch. He drives everything well.

Nadeem is not quite as consistant but still a great driver in a great car.

I suspect that the 7's are going about 110 mph at the end of the straight, I know that Jude does not brake until after the turn before 2.

Travis, I agree, I don't like that track too much either, I would much rather drive farther to any other track but since it is so close it is hard to resist.
[/b]

No doubt that Jim and Nadeem are shoes....okay so it would be the ragged edge for me!

I am not guessing on the MPH. That is a calculation based on RPM/tire diameter etc when I go for the brakes in my car.

tnord
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
ragged edge != faster.

sometimes it does, but not always. think T3 MAM, T1 STL is probably the same way.

Grumpa
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Last weekend was my first time at GIR and I will return, hopefully with some more horsepower. The GIR staff and STL region workers and officials were very patient in answering my inane questions and the racing was fun like it should be. Great weather, I didn't hit anything and got my Rabbit loaded on the trailer with all four corners on it. Great way to end my first year racing.