PDA

View Full Version : NARRC photos

16v
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
if you'd like me to specifically capture you on track please shoot me an email with car number, class and name (that is if you're not one of the regulars I capture). Sat is going to be very busy and I'm going to be moving all around the track to get different vantage points.

[email protected]

:eclipsee_steering: :023:

StephenB
10-18-2006, 10:13 AM
were you at the test day? I saw someone getting soaked in the uphill. Long day standing in the rain wiht only 15 cars to photo all day :(

If it was you and you get the pics posted I will have to buy at least one to make the day worth your efforts!

Stephen

16v
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
sorry bud. My day job prevents me from galavanting around on a weekday.

StephenB
10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I wonder who it was? I saw taking photos throughout the day. Must have been recruiters taking pics and looking for the next pro driver :)

See you this weekend!

Stephen

16v
10-19-2006, 11:17 PM
yes, I did hear that Joest was in the area looking for new folks for the A4 DTM cars

16v
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/narrc/images/DSC_4189.jpg

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/narrc/images/DSC_4235.jpg

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/narrc/images/DSC_4385.jpg

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/narrc/images/DSC_4666.jpg

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/06/narrc/images/DSC_4779.jpg

over 500 images are up

RSTPerformance
10-23-2006, 03:41 PM
As always thanks for the great work documenting the season for all of us!!! Looking forward to seeing you on the edge of the track next year (Although you are getting good at hiding so we can't see you take our "opps's")!!!

Raymond

JLawton
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Man, you are fast Doug!!

What, no pictures from Friday??

Oh yeah..........., nah, nah, :P you missed my "off"!! :lol:

16v
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not big on standing in the rain Jeff. Thankfully Sat was just chilly and not wet

BobsAuto
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
I spent a great deal of time looking at EVERY one of your pictures from the entire season over the past day and a half and I must say, you are a fantastic photographer. I would love to chat with you sometime about digital SLR cameras as I am looking into buying one. I miss my SLR 35 mm which has long since broken and would love to get back into photographing children and racers at play. I would love to get some input into what's good to buy out there. In advance, Thanks.

16v
10-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Thank you for the kind words Trish. I'm just a hobbyist.

on another note, the IT guys are pretty wild but in 10 years I've neve seen someone on two wheels at the botom of the downhill.

Tkczecheredflag
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the kind words Trish. I'm just a hobbyist.
on another note, the IT guys are pretty wild but in 10 years I've neve seen someone on two wheels at the botom of the downhill.
[/b]

I have some footage of Richie Hunter on two in the downhill in the old 1st gen Civic Si - Not sure - but I will try to dig it up.

Doug - Thanks for a great season of pictures. As I have said before - When it's all over all we have are the memories - You make them last forever. Your the best!

lateapex911
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
As I have said before - When it's all over all we have are the memories - You make them last forever. Your the best!
[/b]

Tim, I agree, Doug is awesome! Hobbyist my ass, LOL!

But Tim, and I know you'll agree with me....we have more than the pictures when it's all over...I myself have a number of gnarled and twisted objects of metal that once resembled fenders and doors to remember past seasons with!

Tkczecheredflag
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Tim, I agree, Doug is awesome! Hobbyist my ass, LOL!

But Tim, and I know you'll agree with me....we have more than the pictures when it's all over...I myself have a number of gnarled and twisted objects of metal that once resembled fenders and doors to remember past seasons with!
[/b]
Agreed. CPM Motorsports sponsor Carol Miller has all the carnage down in her barn ("the museum"). Jerry (her husband) is ready to kill me. Bumper covers, fenders, headlight assmblies. It's a regular grave sight - nicely decorated. She keeps old tires, slides in a plastic bag and makes garbage cans out of them. She has a hood from each car displayed on a wall. I will be donating one more hood for the wall from this year. She couldn't be happier.
The body parts and pictures all help tell the story.

cpm motorsports
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Agreed. CPM Motorsports sponsor Carol Miller has all the carnage down in her barn ("the museum"). Jerry (her husband) is ready to kill me. Bumper covers, fenders, headlight assmblies. It's a regular grave sight - nicely decorated. She keeps old tires, slides in a plastic bag and makes garbage cans out of them. She has a hood from each car displayed on a wall. I will be donating one more hood for the wall from this year. She couldn't be happier.
The body parts and pictures all help tell the story.
[/b]

Okay, I admit it. I have a thing for car parts. And the hoods on the wall do lead to some interesting
conversation. But as to not encourage the competition, wall space is getting a little short, and the
blood pressure a little high. A nice picture of the car intact will do just fine. :rolleyes:

BobsAuto
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Have you ever wished the cars and pieces of cars could talk? What a story they could tell us, eh?

lateapex911
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Maybe so, but my door and fender is still saying stuff thats not repeatable, and that was from last summer!