PDA

View Full Version : front hubs 91 crx si

crxracer
10-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm currently building a 91 crx-si for ITA and I've been told by multiple sources that the front hubs need to be replaced every 5-8 races. I found them from an aftermarket souces a while ago, but now I can only find them from the dealer. Does anyone know of another source.

BAC
10-13-2006, 10:15 PM
http://www.raceshop.sbmsinc.com/

Tom has them heat treated!

~Brian

Zahniser1970
10-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I get mine at OPM, they are well worth it, 770-886-8199

Xian
10-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I get mine at OPM, they are well worth it, 770-886-8199
[/b]
x2

I know OPM is pretty swamped righ now preparing for the runoff's, Laguna Seca WC race, VIR 13 hour, and ARRC so they may be a bit dificult to reach until next month but their parts and support are top notch.

Christian

crxracer
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks for the input. I have seen the heat treated ones, and last time I called opm they were out and didn't know when they would get more. I was more interested in finding an aftermarket source and heat treating them myself.

mavis
10-19-2006, 08:40 PM
I know that they do fail but we have not had one fail after 2 seasons plus. Probably just a part of general maintenence. You could use OEM and just plan on replacing after a season or so. (have had multiple problems with miata, volkswagen, etc. but never with honda/acura FWIW).

prkiller
10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I am on the same search!

I had the drivers side hub fail in the last race. It was a Honda OEM unit that I replace only 9 events before that. They were double weekends, so thats 18 races. I was hoping I could get a year out of them, but I guess not.

Replacing them every 5-6 races is a LOT of money. Wow. For me, that is every 3 weekends, and almost 4 times a year.

I would like to try a set of hardened ones and see if I can get a year out of them!

Anyone have any tolerance issues with hardened hubs? I have heard that it can be a problem!

Tom Blaney
10-21-2006, 10:36 AM
I use factory oem hubs when I have them heat treated, that is why they are a little more expensive
but they will last a lot longer than aftermarket ones.

I use them in all of my cars and all of my race customers use them as well.

You may also want to look at the radius rod bushing they help alot. I redesigned them to adjust easier without taking them off of the car, simply loosen the front nut and turn the bushing hex. The are available for Acura's as well.

Tom Blaney

http://www.raceshop.sbmsinc.com/