View Full Version : Keep Dancin!!!

RSTPerformance
10-13-2006, 10:01 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/06039

:OLA: :OLA: :OLA: :OLA: :OLA: :OLA: :OLA:

Raymond "Nuff said" Blethen

Andy Bettencourt
10-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Note to self: Corona's for Ray Lee Chee and a Knuckle Sandwich for RST.

ITA is a class with RWD and FWD - rain will decide the event winner based on PLATFORM. Who wants that?

Boooooo.

RSTPerformance
10-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Note to self: Corona's for Ray Lee Chee and a Knuckle Sandwich for RST.

ITA is a class with RWD and FWD - rain will decide the event winner based on PLATFORM. Who wants that?

Boooooo.
[/b]

Rain never seems to slow a Volvo, so I am sure it will not slow down a Miata, oh and Greg needs some help at Lime Rock :lol:

Raymond " :cavallo: " Blethen

gsbaker
10-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Rain? 54 degrees? Doesn't that combination make ice? ;)

You guys remember to go fast and stop slow--and have fun!

BobsAuto
10-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Nope, 32 degrees and rain....that's ice.
Dance on, dance on!!!! :cavallo: :cavallo: :OLA: :OLA: :OLA:

Greg Amy
10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Anyone wishing for rain is probably trying to compensate for...well, shall we say..."deficiencies" in their "racing program"...

Dr. Sigmund Amy...

16v
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
crap! There's nothing worse than standing out in the cold rain all day at LRP :bash_1_:

JLawton
10-14-2006, 04:56 AM
So, after driving all year on crappy 3 year old tires, I finally break down and buy some new ones, and 'yer tellin me it's gonna rain???? Man, will I be pissed!!! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

TimM ITB
10-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Alright!! :happy204:

The only way that I know to GUARANTEE that it will NOT rain is to have the long range forecast call for rain, and then prepare for the rain by bringing lots of rain gear, etc - then mounting the rain tires before you put the car on the trailer!!

Everything is working according to plan!

Hey Blethenites - keep dancing :D - it's working!

later,

Tim M

gran racing
10-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Oh poor Jeffery. So you'll just have to save the new tires for the ARRC. Then again, it could rain then too. :o

dazzlesa
10-14-2006, 06:55 AM
rain :( , what a way to turn a great race weekend in to a crappy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Billiel
10-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh poor Jeffery. So you'll just have to save the new tires for the ARRC. Then again, it could rain then too. :o
[/b]

Haha... Jeff now you will have brand new tires for the ARRC and no excuses not to beat Greg! :wacko:

RR
10-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah Greg your right, the guys that pray for rain are usually married to women who tell them size doesnt matter.............and they actually believe them.

BobsAuto
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
"Yeah Greg your right, the guys that pray for rain are usually married to women who tell them size doesnt matter.............and they actually believe them."

What about the gals that pray for rain...?

Andy Bettencourt
10-15-2006, 07:18 AM
"Yeah Greg your right, the guys that pray for rain are usually married to women who tell them size doesnt matter.............and they actually believe them."

What about the gals that pray for rain...? [/b]

They are the mom's of those guys... :P

RSTPerformance
10-15-2006, 10:09 AM
hummmm... thank goodness my bro and I are far from married (ok so we live with our girlfriends, but nothing more).

In rain racing its not the size of your motor that counts but the rubber you use along with your "driving skills" that make you succeed.

good luck to all :cavallo:

Raymond "actually praying for sun as the crew has beaten me up for starting all this" Blethen :cavallo:

BobsAuto
10-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok, Raymond, so now Sat. looks like it'll be partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain (getting better for that in the latter part of the afternoon) and Friday looks like a rainy qualifying. Don't let the girls, Randy and Tom beat you up too bad. All their work will be for nothing if you are not in 100% physical shape!!! :P Just kiddin' with you.
Tuesday test day still looks like a wet one.

RSTPerformance
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Well the car is all put back together, with lots of new parts, I am even hoping that I fixed the oil leaks!!! Giving it my best try, however this weather is driving me nuts, it keeps changing every day as to a forcast.... errrrrrr let me at least know what to prepare for!!!

Raymond :dead_horse: Blethen

Andy Bettencourt
10-17-2006, 11:14 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/06039

:lol:

No soup for you!

StephenB
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
For all those that missed the test day today... Raymond was dancin in the grass in the left hander at least 3 times! :o

He is actually up working on his car as we speak. He is still having issues with leaking oil. This time bad enough that it is dumping enough oil out the back to have it splatter thgouh the hole to the flywheel. :wacko:

Other than that is was a great day with lot's of rain :happy204:

Only 1 incident with a beemer in the wall in west bend.

Stephen

RSTPerformance
10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, I did do a little dancin, but that was just inan effort to test a few lines :rolleyes:

The test day was a blast, despite the fact that my rear main seal (or something clost to it) is leaking badly into the clutch/flywheel area. This is causing the clutch to slip and preventing me from even cracking the throttle at all in 3rd, never mind the fact that 4th wont accelerate the car at all. thank goodness I went to the test day to find this out, maybe I can figure out what it is and get it replaced for this weekend... totaly not sure, wich is good news for stephen and Tim.

On a good note though, the car felt great and I was still able to get into the 22's comfortable on the very 9did I say VERY slick track!!!

Stephen was obviosly hooked up as anyone saw. he was in the low 19's and he was barely trying.

Well I will be up late very late tomorrow night, wish me luck!!!

Raymond

PS: HUGE thank you to the workers whom sat out in the miserable rain all day, much appreciated!!!! :happy204: