PDA

View Full Version : Springs...

RSTPerformance
10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
ok, I see that Stephen is working all of you for information on the thread about corner weights, all so that he can get his car "perfect" so that he can make an attempt to catch me. in war I must fight back, and I enlist all of you to help me in my fight... (but please help him also, I am looking for that advice also!!! :rolleyes: )

To the topic:

At a track like Lime Rock do you change the spring rates on each corner? I know to optimize things you would also change shock/stut valving but that part isn't going to happen, so is it even worth it would be the next question?

Pretending that you answered yes then.... On a car such as the Audi (and I think most other cars) spring rates change the cars handling dramaticaly. For us in the past (we have new spring in the cars now, to be tested Tuesday :happy204: ) we have run 400lb rear springs and 700lb front springs, the same on both sides left to right. The car has been vary neutral with these rates, but I think it could be better, track specific. IF you were going to change rates (side to side) from this starting point what would you try at Lime Rock?

As always thanks for the advice :)

Raymond "kicking Stephens :dead_horse: at lime rock" Blethen