PDA

View Full Version : corner weights

StephenB
10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on corner weights for Lime Rock? I have done mine for the first time in over a year yes, for the NARRC Runoffs. (I need to stay ahead of Raymond and Tim!) I was wondering if we should do any type of corner jacking or if we should jsut set it up neutral? If you do want to add weight to any corner which one? Also is the diaganol % more important than the actual weight on each corner?

Thanks for the help.
Stephen

Doc Bro
10-11-2006, 06:37 AM
My hunch is on your car the LF is the heaviest corner. So, you may want to transfer some weight to the RR by playing with the ride height. For LRP ideally the right side of the car will be heavier. The exact opposite or closer to neutral for NHIS.

R

Eric Parham
10-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Stephen, I'd try to get the cross-weights as close to equal as possible. There are too many variables to be able to know whether an intentional bias will help or hurt. I have ended up with a larger RF+LR than LF+RR weight bias at Lime Rock and it didn't seem to hurt, but I wouldn't do it intentionally. I do optimize alignment for Lime Rock by seriously reducing the RF camber, and that may have a measureable but unintentional effect on cross-weights. The only reason I can think of why you might want to intentionally increase the RF+LR weight bias would be to make a smaller than optimal rear swaybar do some extra work. If you do try it, I'd suggest only on the test day and reverting back if it doesn't clearly help.