PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage Pads & Tubes

tom_sprecher
10-10-2006, 12:32 PM
I have six roll cage pads and each does not exceed 100 sq.in. From what I understand it does not matter how many cage tubes terminate on the pads as long as they do so only on the six pads. Am I correct?

TIA

Greg Amy
10-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Correct. As long as they attached only to the legal 100sq-in pads, you could build yourself a frikkin Jungle Gym...

joeg
10-10-2006, 03:15 PM
You can add a couple more pads for optional tubes. I beleive 8 is the limit.

We generally refer to them as "points of attachment"

Speed Raycer
10-10-2006, 03:55 PM
If you have a chance of running with NASA, you might want to read their rules as well. IIRC, their wording is a little stricter in where/how the tubes must terminate. I haven't had to build a NASA cage yet (hasn't really made this deep into the midwest yet), so I cant quote the rule off the top of my head ;)

tom_sprecher
10-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on a jungle gym but have seen examples here. I thought you could use eight if two went forward to the firewall. Do many of you guys do that? Can you locate those two elsewhere?

seckerich
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on a jungle gym but have seen examples here. I thought you could use eight if two went forward to the firewall. Do many of you guys do that? Can you locate those two elsewhere?
[/b]
Short answer is no. You can only use the 2 additional points to the firewall.

lateapex911
10-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats right. 6 main pads and two optional on the firewall as foot intrusion protection. Of course, theres no limiting where on the firewall or conecting tubes, so there is some freedom and there are some advantages that could be realized there.

Chris Wire
10-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Correct. As long as they attached only to the legal 100sq-in pads, you could build yourself a frikkin Jungle Gym...
[/b]

Whaddya tryin' to say? B)

http://home.mindspring.com/~twire/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/cagepic6.jpg.w560h420.jpg

kbailey
10-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Tom,

I do have the two bars running forward. The footwell in our 1st gens is pretty cramped down there so I've lost the room for a dead pedal. It's totally irrelevant for the sprint races, we'll see if I care when I start running enduros. In any event I wouldn't go without them.

[attachmentid=645]

Kevin Bailey
WDCR IT7