PDA

View Full Version : Companies to avoid

RacerBill
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Just thought I would post a quick blurb on my experience with a supplier of trailer parts. I am rebuilding the suspension on my dual axle open trailer and contacted Champion Trailer Parts Supply in Louisiana. I had ordered new equalizer bars ($20- cheap insurance). Well, I had accidentally ordered two bolts that were the wrong size. The order department caught teh error, and called me before shipping the parts to double check. So, I thought Wow, that's customer service.

Well, the parts came in and I tore apart the trailer. Part of the order was 8 shackles - 9/16" holes on 2.5 inch centers. When I tried to put a bolt through the hole, it would not fit. Checking all the shackles, all of them had at least one hole that the bolts would not go through. So I took a drill and knocked a shaving out of each hole. Getting to putting the last set of shackles on the trailer, I found that one shackle was 2.5" centers, and the other had 2.25" centers!

I called Champion right away, and they said that they were very sorry and would ship one out right away, but UPS had already left for the day, but that I would not have to return the shackle that was the wrong size ($1.50 part!). I reminded them that FedEx usually picks up until 7:30pm or later. They never got back with me. The next day they called to tell me that the replacement would be going out that day but that they shipped it UPS ground and it would take 2 or 3 business day. I explained that my trailer was sitting disassembled in my drive way because of their error, but they just said 'Sorry, they could only send out the replacement part by the same shipper they sent the original order'.

This all does not make sense. When I caused a potential problem, their customer service was great. When they caused a problem, they could care less about the customer.

Well, that's my story. I'll be looking for a different supplier of trailer parts.