PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Configuration

Greg Amy
10-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Does anyone recall the last few years' history of the configuration of the Pocono track? Specifically, how long has the current configuration - clockwise while using the South Course entry as the chicane - been in place?

Reason I ask, I'm trying to determine the track record for that configuration. Tri-Region (http://www.triregionracing.org/Pocono_25CW_Records.pdf) shows the ITA lap record of 1:52.577 was set in 2004 by Tom Blaney. However, wasn't that the year they used the styrofoam chicane, the one that quickly became the non-chicane? In 2005 the best ITA lap was dropped by Wendell Holmes at a 1:53.227, and Tom's best time that weekend was 1:53.773.

Just in case you're wondering if there's ulterior motives other than curiosity here, my best lap this year was 1:53.269.

Thanks for the info! - GA

RSTPerformance
10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Greg-

I think that those track records are for the "current configuratin." I didn't think that they kept any track records for the "transition years."

I noticed the ITB track record is wrong, unfortunatly Stephen shattered my track record by 1.5 seconds during the enduro in the afternoon after our sprint race. :dead_horse: That bastard.

Do you know who the contact person is for the track records?

Raymond