PDA

View Full Version : Area 13 Director

Joe Harlan
10-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Joe Harlan announced today that he is seeking the position of Director for Division 13.

Joe has been a member of the SCCA since 1989. He is a racer and a business owner, operating a successful racecar preparation and racing parts business in Oregon City, Oregon. Joe's many years of racing experience, both as a driver, and as a business owner supporting our area race drivers, has created positive environments where people collaborate and get results. This is his objective as your new Director for Division 13.

Joe will bring customer service experience to the club, as he has done while holding other Board of Director positions in local racing organizations over the years.

How you ask?

Joe has the ability to weigh all sides of a situation before moving forward. He wants to gather the facts and hear all the opinions. Joe wants the needs of the individuals who make up the SCCA met, creating momentum where less-vocal, but no less opinionated club members are inspired to speak up and be heard, because they feel they can make a contribution and that their opinions matter and will count.

Joe believes that any decision made, regarding the club, must be of benefit to the sport and hobby, as well to its members. He believes it is time for our BOD to hear the voices of all the member continuants of this fine racing organization. For many years, there have been those who would say that their opinions do not matter. It's time to let them be heard and show them they do!

Our club needs a BOD that will put its fiscal responsibility first and its self serving agenda behind it. We need to be a club working toward the good of the whole, not just desires of the few.

Vote for Joe Harlan! He may not always be politically correct but you will always know where he stands, and he will work for the good of the racing community as a whole.

Thank you for your support!

RSTPerformance
10-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Would it be ok to ask you questions reguarding particular interensts that we may have, such as your position on H&N Restraints, and IT going national?

I am not an area 13 member so I wont be able to vote, but those are questions I would ask anyone in my area whom was/is running.

Raymond

Joe Harlan
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Would it be ok to ask you questions reguarding particular interensts that we may have, such as your position on H&N Restraints, and IT going national?

I am not an area 13 member so I wont be able to vote, but those are questions I would ask anyone in my area whom was/is running.
Raymond
[/b]

Sure Raymond and let me answer.

H&N should remain optional safety equipment with a strong recommendation. The club should not be tied to any manufacture and should not prevent any type from being used unless it is proven to be unsafe.

On a side note I do believe that H&N's should be required on high speed Rovals and ovals where the type if injury is most common and likely to happen.

IT National? My feelings are mixed but I believe that IT should remain regional and that we have a set of National classes that will accept IT cars a place to move to without a complete redo of the existing car to fit it. Upgrading is not redoing. A Rollcage should be easily upgraded to fit the next class.

I am at the runoffs taking care of cars but I will try to check in as often as possible.

MikeBlaszczak
10-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Where can I find positions papers and interviews from each of the candidates?