PDA

View Full Version : non honda guy needs honda help!!!!

fonzy
10-05-2006, 12:33 AM
ok , so i sold both my it3( im in canada dont forget) scirooco / ice racer , and my jetta ice racer , and bought a gt5 fiat ( long story for another time) anywyas looking at buying one of 2 hondas , subject a is a 1989 civic dx harch , pre built car running in some weird class in mission b c , g prod? it has a bolt in cage , dyno stats at 70hp , pre built ready to run in both ice and it next year , option 2 , close friend has a 1986 crx , 1.5l , needs to be built , from the ground up but close friend has lots of 1 st gen experince , my question is which car is quicker? is there any power left in that 1.5l? on ice i will be runnign up against si civics and 150 hp neons , and chance i can be dice with these guys?

itaintegra31
10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
No :dead_horse:

Try and find a 1st gen crx-si or a 2nd gen crx-si these would be a lot easier to build power in.

charrbq
10-11-2006, 08:38 AM
If you can do a motor swap, check into the prices and availability of used motors from wrecks. The early CRX can be made the lightest, but the Civic has the better handling and brakes. Either car can readily be adapted to a later model motor from an Si or an Acura. We have a juy locally racing an '89 CRX in ITE that's running an '86 Integra motor dynoed at 150 solid horsepower. The thing screams!