PDA

View Full Version : Exciting season-closer ITB race video

924Guy
10-04-2006, 09:58 AM
I've finally gotten video from this last and most exciting race of the season uploaded on my website:
http://www.vaughanscott.com/videos/feature_race_front.wmv

It's 32Mb, and is the last few laps of a very exciting race from flag to flag, going for the ITB win at Waterford Hills. Final margin of victory was 0.017s, the video still capture of the checker is below - with 3 attempts on the lead on the last lap alone! A very fast, fun, furious, yet clean race on a very narrow strip of asphalt - shows how it can be done!!! Check it out, I promise you won't regret it... :cavallo:

http://www.vaughanscott.com/Races/2006/Race6_06/66_defending_small.jpg

http://www.vaughanscott.com/Races/2006/Race6_06/Feature_checker_small.jpg

cherokee
10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
That was a good video...you sounded pretty happy at the end. Some good clean racing, that video shows what it is all about.

charrbq
10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
That's a very tight, technical track! Didn't see a lot of brake light activity, and heard a lot of loud pedal action, so you guys were really goin' at it! Shame that you don't see races like that more often. Don't know if I could handle it, though. I might have to boost the battery on the pace maker. :P

gsbaker
10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Wow, nice racing. Dave Gran should put a link to it on his book site.

Racy-Stacey
10-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Very Sweet I got goose bumps watching it!

Best of luck!
Racy-Stacey

lateapex911
10-04-2006, 03:10 PM
geeez......if the guy in front wants to hold you back, it looks like theres not a whole lot you can do about it on that track. Nice win.

924Guy
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
LOL! Thanks, but I didn't win! See where his bumper is in that still? Pass was made about 10 feet after the stripe.

lateapex911
10-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh, sorry, I just guessed you won from your reaction on the tape, LOL. On THAT track you should have been scored a victory just for getting your bumper up to his front wheel, LOL.

Bill Miller
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Cool video and it sure looks like a fun, technical track. I have to say though, I was a bit surprised by the lack of any kind of barrier between the back stretch and the section of the track just before the long, double-apex l/h turn just before start finish. There's a small x-over road there. I just had visions of someone running wide there, getting off on the grass, and heading stright for the back stretch right where you exit that long r/h turn.

bhudson
10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Cool video, makes me miss racing even more. You need to bring that game to the ARRC.

Bob Hudson, Atlanta Region Div Steward

924Guy
10-05-2006, 08:07 AM
That barrier question has been raised elsewhere too... but I've never heard of it being a concern; trajectories of cars don't end up with spatial conflicts in that area, really... and that access road is definitely necessary to get to the turn leading onto the back straight; if we have a big hit, that's where it's going to be. That's where both of mine were. High speed - like Turn 1 at Mid-O - but very little runoff before the wall, therefore definitely requires more of the Vital Equipment to get through at full-tilt! :D

Yeah, I desperately want to get down to the ARRC, but whereas before I had the budget and not the game, now I have the game but not the budget... :(