PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to locate an ITB driver

Gary L
10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
I've recently aquired an IT-prep Volvo engine that was, according to the person I bought it from, built by or for a Bart Young, who at one time apparently raced an ITB Volvo out of Toledo, Ohio. Bart, if you're out there, please contact me via this board, or by email... (glearned at mcloudteleco dot com).

I assume Bart is no longer active in racing (the name doesn't show up on mylaps.com), so if anyone who reads this knows Bart and can pass this along, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

phsracing
10-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I raced against Bart in ITB in the 90's. We both had volvos and we had some pretty good battles. Sports car wrote up one race at Mid-Ohio referring to the Young brothers; Bart and Burt. This caused a funny reply from the both of us with a photo of us together a Nelsons. Bart ,at best is as tall as my shoulders and about 75 lbs lighter. It was a great deal of fun. The last time I saw Bart was at Mid ohio years ago. He said that he had bought a tavern in Toledo.

- Burt Young

Gary L
10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Good story... I enjoyed hearing it. :D

Appreciate the info on Bart, I'll keep fishing around. No big deal really, just curious about the engine history.

2002 itb
10-16-2006, 08:40 PM
contact Jim Morris at Passport Automotive in Toledo. He might have even been the one who built the engine. I believe the number is 419 531 3666.

Gary L
10-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Thank you very much! We'll give Jim a shout. :D