PDA

View Full Version : 2002 RSX type S, Will it go in ITS or ITR?

gpeluso
09-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I am currently looking at Acuras and wondering if anyone knows where this car will end up next year. I think it would work in ITS but not a chance in the new ITR. Other similar type SSB cars like the MIATA fit in ITS. If some one knows that would be great.

Greg

R2 Racing
09-30-2006, 10:14 AM
The 2002 RSX-S has already been classed in ITR at 2665lbs. That's 130lbs more than the '97-'01 Integra Type R's, and I think it should be decently competitive there. :023:

Knestis
09-30-2006, 05:46 PM
It's really an interesting study in performance creep - not RULES creep - that current fast SSB cars are a good fit in ITS or ITR. Early '90s SSB cars are pretty good ITA cars. When I first joined SCCA in 1978, Don Knowles won SSB gold at the Atlanta runoffs in a SAAB (a 99?). I thought they were kind of cool back thent but it would be a crummy ITB car now.

K

PS - I was reminded of him when I saw a post in the VIR 13 Hours web site, where Knowles was looking for a ride.

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I am currently looking at Acuras and wondering if anyone knows where this car will end up next year. I think it would work in ITS but not a chance in the new ITR. Other similar type SSB cars like the MIATA fit in ITS. If some one knows that would be great.

Greg [/b]

Hey Greg,

What SSB Miata are you talking about? The former hot car, the 99 Sport is indeed in ITS - but remember, this car has only 140 stock hp. The Type S has 200. The transition from SS to IT is not linear as the IT rules allow you to fix the 'issues' that bring the stock Type S 'backward' toward a Miata - like springs, shocks, a limited slip, etc. The Type S will be a fine car in ITR at that weight. Taking a look at what some of the GAC RSX's are running for times on those crappy Hoosiers with little more prep than IT has to make you think they could be VERY good.

gpeluso
09-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know about limitedslip on the RSX and the GSR? I thought someone said that the RSX does not have a limitedslip. If that is true isn't that a problem? I am just trying to gather as much info on these cars.

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know about limitedslip on the RSX and the GSR? I thought someone said that the RSX does not have a limitedslip. If that is true isn't that a problem? I am just trying to gather as much info on these cars. [/b]

Neither have LSD from the factory - another reason they aren't as quick on track as thier hp numbers would suggest in SS. The GAC RSX's have LSD's and the IT GSR's in the Southeast have LSD's. I don't know what you man by 'isn't that a problem?'.

AB

gpeluso
09-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Ab,
Are you saying you can add a limited slip for ITR? I was under the impression that if it was not an option you couldn't ad it, but if you can that is good news for Acura's. Thanks for info.

Greg

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Ab,
Are you saying you can add a limited slip for ITR? I was under the impression that if it was not an option you couldn't ad it, but if you can that is good news for Acura's. Thanks for info.

Greg [/b]

You gotsta get yourself a rulebook! You can add an LSD in ALL of IT.

<span style="color:#231f20"><div align="left">a. Any final drive ratio is permitted provided it fits the stock
<div align="left">differential/transaxle housing without modification to the</div>
<div align="left">housing.</div>
<div align="left">b. Any limited-slip or locked differential is permitted.[/quote]</div>
</span>

Ron Earp
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Ab,
Are you saying you can add a limited slip for ITR? I was under the impression that if it was not an option you couldn&#39;t ad it, but if you can that is good news for Acura&#39;s. Thanks for info.

Greg
[/b]

Check the GCR as suggested. Even if one is not made, there are folks, people on this board actually, who can biuld you a LSD regardless of what the car is.

Ron

gpeluso
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Ron,
Thank you for your response.

Greg

Ron Earp
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
And, you could run welded - plently of welded diffs in front drivers that are plenty fast.