PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Testing @ LRP

RSTPerformance
09-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Provided we get the cars all together, we are planning on going down to Lime Rock for the test day on the Tuesday before the Runoffs... Just wondering who we may get to play with!!!

Raymond

PS: If anyone has extra crew, we could use help!!!

TimM ITB
09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Raymundo;

I REALLY wanted to go to this practice day.........for obvious reasons..........but I will be tied up all day on the 16th and 17th with a Quality Audit at my business. STUPID business keeps getting in the way of my fun. Priorities? I am messed up!

But, get your car(s) together 'cause I want to RACE you on Saturday!!!

Have fun.

Tim M

67ITB
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
come on Tim, let the new guy handle the audit, and you go to LRP

Toss him right into the fire

maybe I can bring the car down to CT for you if that would help.

Matt Bal

Rabbit05
09-29-2006, 07:04 AM
We might be there, but progress has been slow. But I am planning on needing the test day before the race weekend to be sure everything is working right. :dead_horse: It''l be one year since I have had the Rabbit out.

Question: Does anybody know if there will be someone there (race weekend) for an Annual tech ?

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Greg Amy
09-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Does anybody know if there will be someone there (race weekend) for an Annual tech ?[/b]

Absolutely.

Rabbit05
09-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Sweeeet ....!
I can't wait to get my Rabbit back out there. It's been far to long since its been run ! :eclipsee_steering:

Question: Does anybody have any Hoosiers with, say, half tread left on em ,size 205-60-13 ?
(i know its the wrong thread here, but i figured I would ask ) :D

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

itracer
09-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Question: Does anybody have any Hoosiers with, say, half tread left on em ,size 205-60-13 ?
[/b]

I might have some from last year. I ran 14" this year, so I don't remember what condition they are in. email me @ itracer gmail.com

Thor
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Greg,
My boss and his son have a Spec Miata they need a log book for, are you doing a techs. before the race weekend? And if so where?

Thanks,
Thor

Greg Amy
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, Thor, I have only a Divisional Tech license, thus I cannot issue new logbooks. Next year, but not this year. Your best bet is to ask around to see if someone else can do it in advance, or plan to get there Vewy Erwy... - Greg

StephenB
10-01-2006, 11:57 PM
FYI I called LRP and they said that we can leave our rigs there but there is no security and we can't get to them after we leave Tuesday night and before Thursday after we register.

RSTPerformance
10-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Looks like a dreiry day will be in store for Tuesday, anyone still going? We have things to test either way rain or shine :happy204:

Raymond

Rabbit05
10-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Unfortunatly I am out...It would ofd been nice to test the car (and driver :wacko: ) . It wont do us any to test in the rain. So we figured either the car will go or it won't. Either way, the BFH will be close by to correct any set up issues that may arrise. :dead_horse: Although I was looking forward to running with you guys. I still think you guys have the one of the coolest cars out there. See ya at the track !!

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

RSTPerformance
10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Finishing up the setup on the cars today, but most everything is done. We will still be going as we have some "new stuff" in the cars that definatly needs some sort of testing :wacko:

We will also be testing differnt rain setups, and we will give some feedback for all.

1) compairing the dirt stockers to the new hoosier rains with the same car/driver in back to back sessions. (We have compaired with each car having the different tires in the same session, and decided that it was imposible to tell as we were both blazingly fast :rolleyes: )

2) Some have suggested running with near zero camber to get maximum grip under braking. We will be compairing that 'zero camber" theory with the "dry camber" settings (+/- 5 degrees) to see what works best. Last year at the NARRC Runoffs I ran with the "zero camber" theory and it seemed to work well... it will be nice to compaire in back to back sessions.

We don't really have rear sway bars or adjustable struts so we will not have a "soft" and "stiff" setup to compair, otherwise we would also test that.

See anyone who goes at the track, and for everyone else I will post my "testing results" after the NARRC Runoffs are complete, got to get some advantage for the weekend out of the testing!!! :035:

Raymond