PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Schedule?

TimM ITB
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
I know that this may be futile, but no harm in trying?

Is there any info anywhere on what the schedule will be / may be for the NARRC's at LRP in a few weeks? I am trying to arrange my work schedule, as well as arrange "stuff" for some friends and family, and don't have a clue as to whether I will need to head to LRP on Thursday night (hotel, etc), or if we are a later race group, head down on Friday morning, etc?

Anybody heard anything? Privvy to anything? Any good info will help. Hotel rooms have been difficult in the past - they want money up front - and without more info it's kinda difficult to commit at this point. I just need to get to the track ahead of, and stay in front, of the Blethen brothers ..............all weekend!

thanks,

Tim M

BobsAuto
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
:D Gee, Tim, didn't you know that the boys blocked the schedule from you so you'd be late???? :P

Just kidding. Seriously, I haven't seen the schedule yet either as I'm trying to decide what travel plans I have to make as well. Gotta love it when we have to use the hourly day planner to plan our days, eh?

Hope you are well and prepared for battle! NOT!!! :cavallo:

TimM ITB
09-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I doubt that I will be as prepared as I should be for the upcoming "battle", but I will be there! It ought to be a fun race weekend.........nothing like having the last race be the deciding factor in a season-long effort!

See you there......whenever that may be!

Tim M.

BobsAuto
09-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I just found this by putting down in google search "does anyone know the schedule for the narrc runoffs?" and lo and behold, this pops up. In looking at the race groups, I find them very wierd in spots or am I just imagining this? Anyway, the article is downright cute. Go figure, Mike Rand has too much time on his hands again. Or so a certain local Sunday morning DJ used to say that.... :rolleyes:
Trish

The SCCA (Amateur) Side of ThingsBy Mike Rand

The NARRCOFFS are coming! The NARRCOFFS are coming?

Yes, it's true, the season is rapidly winding down, and with it the traditional end of the SCCA amateur season at Lime Rock, the North Atlantic Road Racing Championships. Sometimes called the NARRC Runoffs. Or shortened further to The NARRCOFFS.

Whatever you call it, the event is the highlight of the season for many of the local drivers competing in the NARRC series. Of course the fact that it offers double points might have something to do with it.

It is common for a tight points battle to be decided at Lime Rock as the season ends. Occasionally the third or fourth place driver in points going in will emerge the champion, and there are always shakeups in many classes. A big win at the NARRCOFFS adds 24 points to a driver's points total which obviously can make a huge difference in the final standings.

As always at Lime Rock Park amateur races, parking is free and you get a free entry list to follow along with the action.

With the brisk fall weather, the trees doing their thing, a full paddock, the action will surely be hot on track. If you have enjoyed amateur racing at Lime Rock, you know what I am saying. If you haven't experienced it, you owe it to yourself to see what it is all about.

While not the high profile of the "pro" racing series, the variety of cars and drivers, the multiple multi-class races, and the competition will make a believer of you, I suspect. Watch the on track action from a hillside, wander the paddock, chat with the drivers and crews, and check out the cars; all in all a fine way to spend a fall afternoon.

If you come from any town within an hour or two of Lime Rock, chances are there is someone competing you know already, or maybe should know. These are the true weekend warriors and local heroes of road racing, and it could be you, if the bug bites hard enough.

There is no better way of educating yourself about the classes and procedures of amateur road racing than the paddock and the competitors themselves. Passionate, competitive and dedicated and always enthusiastic about their sport.

Months ago, it seems like longer than five or six months now, I started talking about the Lime Rock State Championship.

What is it, you may well ask. Well, it really doesn't exist, except in my head. I thought keeping track of the class winners at LRP Regionals might be fun. With the great majority of entrants from Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York, and competitors from all the New England states, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, it seemed we could have some fun with it.

Most likely I was wrong (no surprise there), but having started it I feel obligated to finish it. Now, the Northern New Jersey Region threw a wrench in my plans by not including hometowns and states in their results after the August Regional, so I am in the process of researching that information.

I hope this is accurate, but feel free to correct me. The August Regional class winners, in no particular order, were:

Richard Loduca, F500?; Christopher Clark, FVEE-Conn.; David Lendrum, SSM-N.Y.; John VanDenburgh, ITC?; Joe Riolo, HRG4 and GT2-Conn. (2); Jim Glass, HRG5?; Ken Bouquillon, HRG2 and GTL-Conn. (2); Dick Clark, HRG3?; Joe Ware, HRG1?; Richard Cullen, SRF?; Frank Cioppettini, GT1-N.J.; Jason Martinelli, ITE?; John Branscombe, SPO-N.H.; Jack Mataba, AS-Conn.; Doug Kniffin, FC-N.Y.; Erik Heinig, CFC-Conn.; Steve Maxwell, FF-Vt.; Rod Kendall, NCF-Conn.; Ben Phillips, ITS-N.J.; Rick Benazic, ITA-N.Y.;Scott Carlson, ITB-Vt.; Ken Payson, SM-Mass.; Joe Boruch, EP-Conn.; Jack Creel, GP-Conn.

I refuse to include "winners" of single car classes in this. It is my state championship and I make up the rules. If you don't beat at least one other car in your class you are NOT a winner. Period.

Now, the State Championship total after the August Regional stands as follows, or somewhere close to this, as I can't find a few winners home states.

Connecticut - 32

New York - 11

Massachusetts - 9

Vermont - 6

New Hampshire & New Jersey - 3

Rhode Island - 2

Maine - 1

As I see it now there is no way for Connecticut to be anywhere but first in this, I call time. Connecticut has as many class winners as ALL the other states COMBINED!

That's it, I am not going to even try to keep track, or bore you with this anymore. Connecticut's Championship Trophy won't be proudly displayed at the State House in Hartford. I know you are shocked. Don't be.

The schedule for Oct. 22 is as follows:

9:00 a.m. - warm-ups, 10 minute sessions, closed-wheel cars first because the first four races are all closed-wheel classes, sessions for open-wheel cars will follow the closed-wheel cars.

Immediately following warm-ups, which is likely to take five sessions to get all who wish to participate their 10 minutes, or a total with turnaround and cleanup etc. at least an hour and a half, so Race 1 is likely to be no earlier than 10:15 a.m. and likely closer to 10:30 a.m.

Race 1: ITS and SPU

Race 2: Spec Miata

Race 3: ITA and ITC

Then after Race 3 there will be a lunch break, probably around an hour.

Race 4: GT1-2-3, A Sedan, Touring 1 and 2, SPO, ITE

Race 5: Spec Racer Ford (SRF)

Race 6: Showroom Stock Miata, SSB and SSC

Race 7: NARRC Club Ford [NCF], FVee, F500

Race 8: ITB, GTL, E-F-G-H Production

Race 9: FA, FC, FF, CFC, CSR, DSR, S2, FM, FSCCAAnd the 2005 SCCA Amateur season at Lime Rock Park will be done.

I will make every attempt to really review the NARRCOFFS after the event. As my race is third from the end I will have plenty of time to watch everyone else play, presuming my car is in good shape, fingers crossed.

Hoping to see a good turnout both in the paddock and on the hillside on Oct. 22 for the NARRC Runoffs, stop by and say "Hi."

Please send your comments or questions to Mike Rand at [email protected].

Andy Bettencourt
09-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Gotta be from a different year...Oct 22nd is a Sunday and we don't use those race groupings this year.

16v
09-27-2006, 11:09 PM
I might suggest contacting one of the folks listed here http://www.scca-nnjr.org/NNJR_Race/NARRC.shtml

lateapex911
09-28-2006, 01:07 AM
My info from the source tells me the ITA group is #1. So do NOT go by the schedule above.

dickita15
09-28-2006, 04:23 AM
new york region runs this event. Dave Lapham would be the only guy with the answers.

16v
09-28-2006, 06:48 AM
what the heck are you doing up at 5am Dick? :o

StephenB
09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I e-mailed Dave this AM. I am hoping that they are going to do online registration as well... Three weeks and counting!
I am excited to go I just really hope everyone races clean and Fun... The last several times I have gone to LRP I have only been able to race for 7 laps or less due to cautions!!

Stephen

After all the other smack talk I figured I would join in!
Tim, Over the next three weeks dream about taking a victory lap at the NARRC this year....
After the event you won't be able to have that dream... only the vision of me on that victory lap!! java script:emoticon(':cavallo:', 'smid_16')

RSTPerformance
09-28-2006, 04:41 PM
After all the other smack talk I figured I would join in!
Tim, Over the next three weeks dream about taking a victory lap at the NARRC this year....
After the event you won't be able to have that dream... only the vision of me on that victory lap!! java script:emoticon(':cavallo:', 'smid_16')
[/b]

You don't want to get me started on you... do you??? Afterall the only race you have won in over a year is a race at Pocono where our cars are dominant... and you only beat me because I had suspension failure :P

Tim no worries, I am sure you will be right behind me and infront of stephen... how thngs should be ;)

Back to the real tompic... Why is it so late getting online registration up?

Raymond

Thor
09-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Has anyone seen an entry form for this race? Personally I can't wait! My car finally runs right since I built it three years ago and my broken wrist is finally healed. Let's hope for clear weather.

- Thor Schroeder
12 ITB

BobsAuto
09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Before I printed that article for you all, I checked and rechecked the date on the page of the website. It was 2006, so either the website is WAY out of kilter or the whole thing, includeing the schedule was a put on. I know the article was (so typical of Mike) but found it hard that the schedule was since it was on the LRP website. I also realized that the date of the 22nd was wrong. Just can't figure. I hope you all find the schedule soon.

As for the ITB scenario.......it'll be Blethen/Blethen/Mullen in that order. Now, which Blethen? Ask the dog, only HE knows the secret. :D

RSTPerformance
09-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Before I printed that article for you all, I checked and rechecked the date on the page of the website. It was 2006, so either the website is WAY out of kilter or the whole thing, includeing the schedule was a put on. I know the article was (so typical of Mike) but found it hard that the schedule was since it was on the LRP website. I also realized that the date of the 22nd was wrong. Just can't figure. I hope you all find the schedule soon.

As for the ITB scenario.......it'll be Blethen/Blethen/Mullen in that order. Now, which Blethen? Ask the dog, only HE knows the secret. :D
[/b]

I compleely disagree with your decending coments on Mike... He has visited this site and been more than helpful, answering concerned posts reguarding Lime Rock. He has also tried to make Lime Rock safer and while thier are still issues the track is safer, I know first hand with my incident in the Downhill. I am not sure where your comments are coming from but I don't think they reflect Mike well. You may have had your own experiences with them, but I don't want your opinion to be caried on to us, thus the up front comments. sorry. We all can have our own opinion, but I have to be clear I do not agree with yours.

As for the article, it is old. I know simply because Carlson has not raced once this year.

Although I do thank you in spite of my rant... it was an interesting read. Thanks mom :happy204:

Raymond

BobsAuto
09-28-2006, 09:56 PM
No disrespect to Mike at ALL. Mike loves to laugh, tease, and write funny articles and for a matter of fact, I have read many other off the wall articles that he's written that are totally hilarious, really getting one to think, is this guy serious or what? He has a sense of humor that always keeps you second guessing. I NEVER meant anything negative. Most certainly, I was trying to be most POSITIVE about Mike. And he is a wonderful institution at LRP. I hope to heck they never lose him.

To Mike: Keep up the good work and the good humor. And it's not fair to have a state championship and include the CT guys. There are just too many of you down there. (say hi to that Sunday morning dj for me also.... :D )

StephenB
09-29-2006, 12:57 AM
FYI from David....

ITB is race group 7 of 8.
Registration is online at NESCCA web site soon (maybe this evening).
Do not forget to send a check for the entry to us after registering online as Susan requires it.
Your entry is not complete with out this check and you are considered a late entry. Also we do not cash the checks until the Monday after the event.
David

Stephen

JLawton
09-29-2006, 05:44 AM
I compleely disagree with your decending coments on Mike... [/b]

Can't you guys fight in private like most normal families!!! :P

I think you guys are forgetting about a couple of other ITBers who could be up there!! Sounds like you're dissing Rick!! And what if Richie figures out how to drive that VW?? Never count out Paul or Nat. What if Scott shows up?? Hmmm, lots of variables!!

gran racing
09-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Let's hope for clear weather.[/b]

Thor, shouldn't you be praying for rain? After your qualifying in the damp weather at LRP, I thought for sure you wouldn't mind the in-between stuff. :)

RSTPerformance
09-29-2006, 04:22 PM

I think you guys are forgetting about a couple of other ITBers who could be up there!! Sounds like you're dissing Rick!! And what if Richie figures out how to drive that VW?? Never count out Paul or Nat. What if Scott shows up?? Hmmm, lots of variables!!
[/b]

Jeff... you are correct, we are/will be with some very tough vetrans of Lime Rock. none of the three of us have ever won this race so that would be awsome, but not the goal. The goal for each of us 3 (Stephen, Tim and I) are to beat one another. The championship has become more important than the race and we are all basically at a 3 way tie with ths race determining finishing position. Nobody else can beat any of us this year in the points.

Thanks Stephen for the update!!!!

Raymond

BobsAuto
09-29-2006, 07:26 PM

[/b]

Duhhh, what's normal? I've never quite figured that out. Is it normal for a human being to get all dressed up in 3 layers of nomex, a full helmet, strap him/herself into a car on a 100 degree day and sweat off pounds or is it normal for that same person to put on 3 layers of warmth clothing, strap on skis, sit on a chair lift to spend the day getting frostbitten in 0 degree weather?
Now that I've given you the "normal" thought of the day, the answer to that question you asked is.....probably not, but then again, who ever said we were normal or abnormal??? :cavallo: :D :wacko: :wacko:

(Just been waiting to use that normal argument and you gave me the opening. No disrespect intended, just funnin' with y'all)

Thor
10-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Dave, thank you for reminding me, I should be hoping for rain. Actually now my engine doesn't have a head with wiped out cam journals and cam. Which which I paid top dollar from an southern (ex) VW engine builder for. Maybe now I run with you guys in the dry, I hope. I hope that we fun and it is clean.

- Thor

Actually folks, I forgot to ask if anyone has seen the entry form and if so where can I get one?

-Thanks,
Thor

StephenB
10-02-2006, 12:03 AM
FYI schedule is posted. Started a new thread with car counts that includes the schedule.
but if your lazy and looking here use this link...

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604393 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604393)

Stephen

PS: Tim ITB is group 11 so show up whenever :) and yes you should check the real link.... from this point forward don't trust me,
Speaking of trust, Raymond I am heading up to work on my car some time tomorrow you may want to call and have your car locked up, who knows what I may need :cavallo: (Other than a top 5 with both of you behind me!

Thor
10-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Stephen,

Thanks for the update, I checked right before I wrote the email.

-Thor