PDA

View Full Version : last chance regional and enduro

dazzlesa
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
how did it go? rain or dry? results?

tdw6974
09-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Hmmm? Tough weekend for us. Had entered Enduro with Ed Zebroski SSM. Pulled Number 21 on starting grid. Green flag and 17 seconds in Bill (Weaver) got tapped and turned facing traffic got hit 3/4 more times incuding head-on by a Mustang that was grided 61. Car is total loss fortunately all safety equipment worked as should have.The Hans took 3 tests and did its Job. Bill is ok buised and sore. On Sunday He Did drive our ITS RX-7 qualified 9th and finished 10th overall and 4th in class. I was co-race chair for weekend and will push for some type of grid by speed. Hopefully we can find some Video I think Cheiffe Motorsports has some video (Or anyone else). To those who stopped by Saturday & Sunday to check on Bill thank you!!! T Weaver

RSTPerformance
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I have always like the way that the Glen draws a number but it really means that everyone needs to remember the race is 3hours long, and even if you are not at the top for the first hour, you will get thier if you have the best pit stops and drivers. Basically the rule "you can't win on the first turn" is far more relaant than at a sprint race.

Raymond

Molez93
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I drove the opening leg for the RPS Memorial Racing (inside joke <g>) #95 CRX. We started 44th, finished 27th overall and 3rd in ITA inspite of it being my first SCCA race. Kudos again to Tom Kearney and Dave Ciufo for consistently doing better than my (best?) 2:33 :-)
Special thanks to our crew: Chris Chiu and Chris Ciufo. You guys rock!!!

Weather was good.
I don&#39;t recall much more than a couple minutes of drizzle- if any- during the enduro, but the track was still slightly damp from the morning rain in a few spots when I was out.

As these looked like what I remember from the results sheet, I "stole" this summary from the Spec Miata forum.
1. T2 Chris Tompson/Larry Maloney (350Z)
2. ITS Brian Fitzgerald/Steve Wheeler (Integra)
3. SM Steven Gorriaran/Bruce Ledoux
4. SSB William Fenton/Michael Liebl
5. ITA Tom Blaney/Larry Hebeler Jr. (CRX)
6. ITS R.Inness Eisele/Andy Hughes
7. ITS Chris Camadella/Joe Stadelmann
8. SM Fred Ferguson/Andrew McCabe
9. SSM Paul Dethier/Steven Frederick
10. SM David Lendrum/Eric Lendrum
11. SM Chris Tamburo/Ken Zalner
12. SM Serge Lentz/Jerry Rigoli
13. SM Alan Lendrum/Jared Lendrum
14. SSM Andrzej Brzezinkski/Michael Lo
15. SM Doug Fambrough/Brian Kleeman
16. SM Paul Capel/Jonathan Hummer
17. SSM Walter Scheeren/Werner Scheeren
18. SSM Jamie Kekeisen/Wesley Saunders
19. SSM Don Duman/Joseph Plunkett
20. ITA James Alley/Nate Hine

There were ~52 finishers from ~62 starting.
The opening carnage took quite a few laps to clear from Turn 1. Other than that post-start salvo, I&#39;m pretty sure it was a clean race.

The fastest times seemed slow compared to last year. As an ITA guy, I only remember the results from Blaney/Hebeler and us specifically. Their best was ~2:23 while ours was 2:25. I&#39;m certain Hebeler&#39;s CRX is capable of 2:19 or less based on their 2005 performance. (Although they were probably slowed at least a little by earlier RF damage).

Great weekend overall (including the school)!
Thanks again to everyone who made it possible.

Scott Moller
#95 CRX

dominojd
09-25-2006, 05:04 PM
how did it go? rain or dry? results?
[/b]

Dry qualifying group 1 rain for the rest. Dry race group 1, water seeping through track in usual spots.

Group 1 results on a slow track with a 20-30 mph head wind going down the back straight. Pulling out of the draft was like opening a parachute behind the car. P2 through P6 ran close all race swapping postions every other lap or so.

A good time was had by all :)

1 ITS Camadella 2:21.889 (cruise control after running away on the first lap)
2 ITA Holmes 2:22.046 (ITA fast lap)
3 ITS Bob Henderson 2:21.475
4 ITS Marc Cefalo 2:22.005
5 ITA DiMinno 2:22.732
6 ITA Brad Barnhouse 2:22.768
7 ITA Andy Hughes 2:26.237
8 ITS Bill Weaver 2:24.973 ( great run after the enduro incedent)
9 ITA Alan Daley 2:22.829
10 ITA Gene Litz 2:25.570