PDA

View Full Version : E36 RACERS.. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT YEAR?

BMW RACER
09-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Fellow E36 racers.

Now that ITR is done, what are you going to do? Stick with ITS (More competition) or move up to ITR (Go faster)

I'm pretty sure I'll go with ITR if only to show support. I don't think there will be many people running for a while. Hopefully I can find some T1 cars to chase.

I wonder if BMWCCA will include ITR in JP. That could be fun.

buldogge
09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Well... We'll probably get the car down to (or close to) ITR weight and then set-up a ballast position to run ITS.

First season we'll probably late register for events and choose which class to run based on entries.

Doubt I'll run BMWCCA again...not terribly convenient, poor organization, outgunned in IT prep, H+N restraint ruling (ISAAC user)...

Hopefully we'll see some new cars in ITR...I'm not banking on it though, given the piss poor turnout in ITS this season in MiDiv!!! ...the SIR ruling sure did bring the bullied non-E36 cars out of the woodwork though...yeah! :P

Anything will be better than this seasson...guaranteed.

Fellow E36 racers.

Now that ITR is done, what are you going to do? Stick with ITS (More competition) or move up to ITR (Go faster)

I'm pretty sure I'll go with ITR if only to show support. I don't think there will be many people running for a while. Hopefully I can find some T1 cars to chase.

I wonder if BMWCCA will include ITR in JP. That could be fun.
[/b]

snk328is
09-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm just a noob but if I do race my 325 in 2007, it will be in ITR.

Considered BMW CCA SpecE36 but they have some restrictions that I don't agree with. (Welded cage, HNR SFI requirement, etc.)

mlytle
09-22-2006, 07:18 PM
ITR for me!

dj10
09-22-2006, 07:27 PM
ITR for me! [/b]

DITTO

Knestis
09-22-2006, 07:42 PM
It's nice that unintended consequences don't seem to be impacting this desired outcome of the introduction of ITR. It's nice to see you all so happy! :)

K

PS - here's a question, though: How much faster will you be in Arrr spec, than you were pre-restriction in S?

ed325its
09-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Still not sure what we will do. I'm not interested in running mid pack in the ITR calss either. And at the suggested weights that is where I expect the E36, and probably other BMW's, to be. I may be in ITR with the 325is or a 330i/is/coupe or put in a supercharger and run NASA/BMWCR. For now, I'm going togo to the runoffs and then snowmobiling.

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Still not sure what we will do. I'm not interested in running mid pack in the ITR calss either. And at the suggested weights that is where I expect the E36, and probably other BMW's, to be. I may be in ITR with the 325is or a 330i/is/coupe or put in a supercharger and run NASA/BMWCR. For now, I'm going togo to the runoffs and then snowmobiling. [/b]

Ed,

How do you see the class stacking up? What cars do you see as favorites? The same process was used for all the cars in this first cut. Many people I have talked with can't pick out a car that they think will be a favorite...which is exactly the goal.

Remember, your E36 is as much as 500 pounds lighter than some of the more powerful cars...

gpbmw
09-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Put me down for ITR. I'll stay the course with 16" wheels. No need upgrade to 17" without larger brakes. I don't think I'll have a problem getting down to weight.

Gerald Potts
1994 E36 ITR
Atlanta, GA

ed325its
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Andy,

I broke my crystal ball. I am pleased that the 325i/is has one of the lower weights for the new class, which is the way it should be as an ex-ITS car against the higher horsepower newcomers. There are many new cars in the class with higher horsepower, revs, and bigger brakes than my 325is. I am just skeptical that the lower weight will offset the advantages of the other cars. I would consider building a 330 but the weight is the highest in the class and I don't want to make a commitment until I see on track performance.

I think the 944S2 will certainly be at the pointed end of the grid. The very light Celica GTS and the Acura/Honda's have great potential. Perhaps even the 300ZX.

As much as I say I don't know where I will run next season it will likely be in ITR. You know I am an SCCA guy first. After two off years of little racing (2005 family issues & 2006 work issues) I am looking forward to a full season in 2007. The car needs to lose about 400 pounds for ITR. I am not sure where all of that loss will come from, although I can get 200+ if I can add remote control. It is also time to finally build an engine.

"I need more cowbell!"