PDA

View Full Version : WOR Games are coming, Who's in?

John McFarland
09-19-2006, 08:21 AM
So who is coming to sit by the fire up on the hill? It's going to be a great weekend to race!

R2 Racing
09-19-2006, 08:50 AM
I was going to, but if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all. That being said, I highly doubt the car will be back on track that soon after it's latest round of doom and gloom.

Maybe I'll be there in an ITC car, but I don't know much of anything right now.

RacerBill
09-19-2006, 09:27 AM
We'll be there. Probably be there early for the PDX.

Got a lot accomplished on the car this weekend - prrmary and backup carbs rebuilt, gas tank cleaned, altenator replaced (in progress).

Plan on a test evening at Columbus Motor Speedway this Thursday night.

x1/9racer
09-19-2006, 03:34 PM
I'll definately be there in ITC in the X1/9. The Downing Boys should also be there in the ITA Civic and the FP Fiat 124. See Y"all at the fire at our paddock space Friday/Saturday nights!

downingracing
09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Don't forget about the Thurs. night before the PDX campfire! Man - we need to bring a ton of starter logs!!! :P

R2 Racing
09-28-2006, 07:57 AM
We're trying to get the Integra ready for WOR Games since the damage to the car was actually pretty minimal (all things considered). I just figured if there was any shot at getting it back on track before the ARRC, just to check it out, it's worth the effort to try and do it. So hopefully I'll see you guys up there, in ITA.

CaptJon
09-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I'll be there... but in my white's

downingracing
10-05-2006, 07:55 AM
All loaded and heading up after work. Loading in the storm last night was really fun! :bash_1_: Anyone doing the PDX?

R2 Racing
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
No PDX'ing for me. I'll be up tomorrow night though for some bright and early 8am ITA qualifying. Weather looks perfect. :023:

CaptJon
10-05-2006, 10:57 PM
John, I was planning on stopping by your spot on sat. but I had to change plans. I get to wear my other nomex suit and crawl into a burning house.

Almost as good as racing........... almost.

Jon Schneider
ITC #06 Rabbit

John McFarland
10-06-2006, 06:56 AM
NOTHING is better than being at the track! You got your priorities, making the dough for the family and putting tires on the Rabbit.

I'm still not loaded up, but will be tonight and will leave OH MY GOD early to set up for group 4.

Hey, ITA guys! No more foil balling cars in qualifying, OK? Play safe and good luck to all the IT guys.

R2 Racing
10-08-2006, 05:00 PM
That was a fun weekend. Great weather, great racing, and no damn body contact! Oh yea, and I ran a 1:43.306 Sunday morning. :birra:

tom91ita
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
great time! that's under the track record of Moser's for ita right?

or does scca records distinguish between qualifying and races?

but regardless, its got to feel good to know that the car is ready and straight after the latest repairs!

good luck at arrc. with everything you've had since labor day, i hope you win it! you deserve it.

ljracer
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Kevin:

I am glad to hear you ran fast this weekend. You have had a rough few weeks and I am glad for you.

Did you win both days? If not, what were the finishes for both days. I wish I could have raced with you guys as the weekend was beautiful for racing.

Jon Marhefka

R2 Racing
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Tom - my time was a couple of hundreths under Joey's track record, but since it was in qualifying and not during a race, it won't count as a new record. I'm ok with that though and really just happy to get through the weekend knowing my car is ok and without any incident at all.

Jon - we missed you this weekend as I think just about everyone was expecting you to show up. Joey was still able to beat me out both days, eventhough I out qualified him on Sunday. He's settling into the red car quite well and got down to a 1:43.5 during todays race. Unfortunately I missed the set up in todays race and the car tightened up on me from qualifying, causing me to slow down. I was trying out a new rear bar and on the R6's for the first time, so I was kind of having to learn some things. Either way, I'm thrilled with how the weekend went.

Have you given any thought to coming down to the ARRC? We're going to have a great group of CenDiv ITA cars there with at least Bob, Joey, Colin, Jan Reif, and me all going.

dj10
10-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Kevin:

I am glad to hear you ran fast this weekend. You have had a rough few weeks and I am glad for you.

Did you win both days? If not, what were the finishes for both days. I wish I could have raced with you guys as the weekend was beautiful for racing.

Jon Marhefka [/b]

Hi Jon,

Where were you and all the rest of the Nelson Ledges boys? :D

Hope all is well.

Dan Jones

ITC007
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the lap sunday moring Kevin. You and joe looked to haver a good race. Group 1 was a great race to watch all the way through the field.

R2 Racing
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Congrats to you, Devin! Those lap times you were running were unbelievable! I didn't think anyone was going to beat Fruth's ITC track record for a LONG time. I seriously hope you are thinking about going down to the ARRC after that performance.

RacerBill
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I'll second the weather! Could have been better only marginally - little warmer in the morning.

I just want to say thanks to the hill guys who put in an unbelieveable effort to get me into the race on Sunday after having the clutch vaporize on the first lap af practice on Saturday. Probably was all that power the engine is making now that the fuel issues are taken care of. Matt, Mark, Shawn, John - you guys are the greatest.

Really was a shame. The car was running really well on Friday for the first time all year. So, that's it for my year. But I've already started my task list for winter work.

Keep in touch!

ITC007
10-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks Kevin,

The car ran as good as I could ask, the new surface was so smooth, and the weather was great. (Like those days that you are working and saying this would be a perfect day for racing.) Shaun ran just behind me in the Fiat Sunday morning and ran a 49:2. I didnt think I was as fast during the race, but later when I watched the video I could see the lap went really well.
I've been planning to run the ARRC all year so if all is well with the Marines over seas, I will be there.
Great weekend, a good bunch of racers there as well.

John McFarland
10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Bill-

I didn't help at all! Shawn and Matt really did all the work! Mark too. Kudo's to those guys! That's what this racing gig is all about.

If I didn't have guests for the weekend, I probably would have been under there too. Next time I promise. (But get all these car issues out of the way this winter so we can just race and drink beer!)

Thanks Mark for finding my mysterious fuse popping problem. Everyone always say I have a screw loose. I thought they ment in my head! Not my switch box!

I tell you a couple of IT cars in my run group running the same speeds as my GP car really raises an eyebrow! Things that make you go Hmmmm!?!?

tom91ita
10-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I tell you a couple of IT cars in my run group running the same speeds as my GP car really raises an eyebrow! Things that make you go Hmmmm!?!?
[/b]

Hmmmm!?!? as in you need to go faster?

or

Hmmmm!?!? as in they must be doing something, shall we say, peculiar?

:unsure:

John McFarland
10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
***YES!!!***