PDA

View Full Version : 1997 2.0 Stock Exhaust Parts Wanted

racer_tim
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I need to replace my daughter's stock exhaust manifold, downpipe. Does anybody haved a stock set laying around after you've upgraded to a header?

This is for a 1997 A3 Jetta, 2.0 liter.

Thanks

I've also got her old head, with bad valves in cyl #1. If anybody needs a core, let me know. All I'd like would be shipping costs.

Bill Miller
09-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Tim,

I'll have to check if there's a difference between the OBD I and OBD II downpipes. If they're the same, I think I have the downpipe for you.

Knestis
09-18-2006, 10:15 PM
...and I'm pretty sure we have several exh manifolds. The only thing is whether you want to ship one of these heavy bahstahds across the whole country.
K

racer_tim
09-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks Bill and Kirk. Yes, I realize that these things weigh a ton.

I broke off one of the 6 bolts, between the mainfold and the downpipe. I didn't have all of the drill / tap extensions to get the bolt replaced, without removing it from the car.

She'll have to live with a bit of an exhaust leak until Thansgiving when she can come back to CA, and I can spend another weekend working on her car.

At last I had a cross flow head lying around. I was thinking of using it on my Scirocco with dual webers, and having the horns pointing forward. Looked like a good setup, exhaust out the rear, intake in the front. Why didn't VW come up with a cross flow head back in 1975?

Tim