PDA

View Full Version : Need Racer's Help During ARRC Quiet Time

Catch22
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
If you are going to the ARRC and are either a licensed SCCA racer or experienced corner worker, your help is needed the morning of November 12th.

For those that aren't familiar, Atlanta SCCA has started a GREAT program where workers are rewarded by getting DE (PDX in SCCA Lingo) time during the 2.5 hour Sunday quiet time (10 to 12:30). During this time, we need racers to "give back" and either ride in a right seat or work a corner.

The goal is a minimum of 50 instructors (so everyone only has one student) and a minimum of 12 corner workers. With well over 200 racers at a typical ARRC, this should be no problem whatsoever.
Most of the students are autocross folks and are good drivers. Typical of maybe an Intermediate DE group.

If you are interested in helping out, email me at [email protected] and I'll put you on the list. Please note your preference of instructor or corner worker (and include your experience, if any, with either).
I'd also appreciate help spreading the word. I'd like to have the positions covered instead of walking around the paddock Sunday morning begging for help. That would suck, alot.

TIA

charrbq
09-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Scott, I'm dim, I can understand the corner worker thing, but what are you asking for with the corner workers? Do you need someone to ride as instructors or drive as instructors? What vehicles are we using since open exhausts are forbidden?

Catch22
09-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Workers will get to use the track during quiet time in their cars (assuming they are muffled) and racers are needed to ride with them and instruct.

Racers who dont want to ride shotgun can volunteer to flag during this time.

matt batson
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
this is a great idea...hopefully it will get more people out on track in the future.
I'm in.
email sent

zracre
09-18-2006, 11:00 AM
count me in too...email will be sent

lateapex911
09-18-2006, 11:02 AM
email sent yesterday

charrbq
09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
That's kinda what I figured...just wanted a clarification. Count me in and put me on the list. I'm sure most of them know more than I do, but I can fake it! :P

RSTPerformance
09-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Depending on when we leave to go home I would love to help!!! At this point though I think we may skip out on the shortened enduro to save money and drive home in time for some of us to work on Monday.

Raymond

Catch22
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
C'mon guys.

The response has been "fair," but not nearly good enough.

We'd be in big trouble if the workers responded weakly to our need for them, lets get this done right.
We *should* get more than we need if everyone steps up, but right now we're way short of the goal.

Please help pass the word.

RSTPerformance
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Scott-

may I suggest if you continue to have trouble be sure to have a sign up sheet at registration asking for workers, I am sure you will get crew and drivers whome didn't see that you were requesting. Also get a page added to the website with a easy to use sign up sheet and a list of who is working what positions and what positions are still needed. I think that will stir up the pot a bit and make people realize how much help you really do need. Again not sure how our travel plans are working, so I unfortunatly can't make a commitment either way.

Raymond