PDA

View Full Version : USERA VIR Entry Update

Ken Grammer
09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
VIR USERA Double Endurance Weekend Announcement

As of today we only have seven entries for the USERA double race event at VIR with GT LIVE and Grand-Am Cup on October 6-8, 2006.

We need to have at least 30 additional entries to keep USERA on the event weekend as double endurance races.

To help illustrate just how big this weekend will be, I have included the following links to GT Live promotional and sponsorship information:

http://www.usenduro.com/vir/VIRFlyer1.pdf
http://www.usenduro.com/vir/VIRFlyer2.pdf

Needless to say, we can’t run a double race weekend with only seven cars. So we are making one last effort to get entries up before we are forced to alter the format of the weekend.

If you are planning on entering, but have not done so yet, we need to hear from you NOW.

We worked hard to get on this weekend. If we drop the ball on this one, I’m not sure we will get another opportunity this good for these classes.

We will count entries through Sunday evening. So if you want this event to stay open to you, enter now and call everyone you know who is interested and have them enter now. Entry forms are available at http://www.usenduro.com/forms/Entry%20Form.pdf

If we fail to receive the necessary additional entries by the end of Sunday evening, we will be forced drop the two 3 Hour endurance races and host a single one hour sprint race on Friday afternoon.

Call me at 434-797-1866 if you have any questions or problems downloading the event entry form.

Knestis
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
My fat envelope went in the mail yesterday.

Please, people - come play! If lack of endurance equipment, crew, or experience is slowing you down, email me and we'll set up some kind of co-op to support new teams. A three-hour race is a great introduction to endurance racing. It's long enough that "endurance" begins to matter but not so long that it's an epic adventure.

K

Ron Earp
09-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Lack of time and money is an issue. The event is four weeks from the big 13 hour enduro and the effort to run 13 hours, compared to running 3 hours, is not that much different. Different, sure, but in the grand scheme of things still requires tow, food, gas, tires, and lodging. I imagine a lot of teams are prepping cars for the 13 hour, I know we will be, and really can't afford the wear and tear on them four weeks before the 13hr VIR race.

Ron

Knestis
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Geez, guys - a couple of 3-hours is just a test-and-tune for the 13. We typically put 2.5 hrs on the Golf at the practice days before these longer ones. Heck, in '05 we did that THEN drove the car back the 5 hours to Greensboro, NC when the race was over, after doing the necessary repairs - putting a big tie wrap on the rear-most exhaust hanger. :)

K

Ken Grammer
09-07-2006, 07:55 PM
When I was with SCCA Pro, we would have been putting World Challenge on this weekend!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build something for IT that IT guys have been begging for... a race series above regional racing.

You can't get any "higher" profile then being part of a Grand-Am and GT Live weekend.

Conover
09-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Geez, guys - a couple of 3-hours is just a test-and-tune for the 13. We typically put 2.5 hrs on the Golf at the practice days before these longer ones. Heck, in '05 we did that THEN drove the car back the 5 hours to Greensboro, NC when the race was over, after doing the necessary repairs - putting a big tie wrap on the rear-most exhaust hanger. :)

K
[/b]

You gotta have some faith in the equipment. Basically you're telling us that you wouldn't drive that car from GSO to ATL. Test-and-tune is dead on. If you can't run the car for six and a half hours a month before the 13 hour, why even enter the 13? If there was a 24 or 25 hour race anywhere within 6 hours driving, you'd better believe I'd push ol Pablo there for sure, when the 12's and 13's are done they leave me wanting for more every single time. Give me some long races boys! I want a challenge!

Bwaaahhhap Bwaaaahhap Rumm Rumm digity digity vroooom

JLawton
09-11-2006, 06:51 AM
You gotta have some faith in the equipment. Basically you're telling us that you wouldn't drive that car from GSO to ATL. Test-and-tune is dead on. If you can't run the car for six and a half hours a month before the 13 hour, why even enter the 13? If there was a 24 or 25 hour race anywhere within 6 hours driving, you'd better believe I'd push ol Pablo there for sure, when the 12's and 13's are done they leave me wanting for more every single time. Give me some long races boys! I want a challenge!
Bwaaahhhap Bwaaaahhap Rumm Rumm digity digity vroooom
[/b]

Watch out Kirk, some one has had one too many Red Bulls!!!

Knestis
09-11-2006, 08:34 AM
He's just been working on a Miata, is all. :)

K

Conover
09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
At least it's an ITA miata and not a Special Me. I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to comment. But, I thought I'd be catching more flak than that!

RacerBowie
09-11-2006, 07:27 PM
At least it's an ITA miata and not a Special Me. I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to comment. But, I thought I'd be catching more flak than that!
[/b]

They would have to be able to catch it to give you flak!

Ken Grammer
09-11-2006, 09:02 PM
We didn't get the number of entries we needed to keep the two endurance races at VIR. However, we did rework the schedule to provide a 50 minute sprint race on Friday at 6pm and the 30 minute sprint race on Sunday at 11:20am.

The cost of the sprint races will be $225 per race. We were also able to add a qualifying session Sunday morning for the Sunday sprint race.

The revised schedule can be found here: http://www.usenduro.com/vir/VIR%20Schedule.pdf

Needless to say we are very disappointed by the loss of the two 3 hour endurance races. However, for drivers who prefer sprint race formats, this change should make them really happy.

Knestis
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, nertz.

Let us know, Ken if there's anything we can do to help the USERA program come together for '07. Some of my enduro team members have talked about putting together a more aggressive enduro schedule next year, and I think that the concept of a real series of longer events for club-level racers has real merit.

As an aside, it would be cool if your efforts could coordinate with that of the guys from NER SCCA who are working on guidelines to standard enduro practices and procedures. I would love nothing more than to see a comprehensive schedule of races of 3-24 hours, with a regional and national points structure, common classes, and the same procedures for refueling, etc.

Yummy.

K

Conover
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Ahh Dude, and I was gettin all happy about it. . . :(