PDA

View Full Version : ITB - NARRC Self Contingency Idea

RSTPerformance
09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Another thread is going about the possiblity for the Dynapck to be at LRP for the NARRC Runoffs. I had an idea for contingency and got some feedback that made me think a bit. We all have been "talking the talk" about legality and what not and I think for the most part everyone has been good this year and we have seen a lot of close racing, with (again most of the time) most of the top 5 within 1/2 second of each other at every race. This Dynapck thing would be interesting to see how we all stack up. I don't think that it will really tell us legality, however it would certainly be very interesting to see and compaire each other. To encourage everyone in the class to participate I wanted to see if thier was an interest in having a self made contingency or if I should just get this whole idea out of my head all together. The idea...

Each person who wants to be eligable for the contingency would be required to do the following:

1) make at least 1 run on the Dynapck - cost $50

2) Must share the results with the class, preferably one person would gather the data and make a spread sheet to share here on improvedtouring.com

3) Make a $25 donation to the contingency fund.

4) Must sign up in advance of the race with a designated person.

How will the awards be divied up? If we had 7 people

1st finishing car in class that ran the dynapck $100
2nd finishing car in class that ran the dynapck $50
3rd finishing car in class that ran the dynapck $25

And I was thinking that;

The 8th entrant could go towards the last finishing car in class that ran the dynapck
The 9th entrant would go towards the 2nd to last finishing in class car that ran the dynapck

etc. etc. etc.

If we had less than 7 people we would need to think about how the award should be divied up or if it was even worth doing?

What are your thoughts? Anyone interested?

Raymond

PS: I am not going to argue, we have done well this year, but this is in NO WAY an idea that I plan on doing to get myself extra $$$. We have NEVER won the NARRC Runooffs, and with the tough competition this year I think it will be up for grabs for a number of different people. Also if you think about it if my brother and I both entered it would cost $75 per car (1 pull $50 and contingency $25 = $75) so if we finished at best 1st and 2nd then we would gain zero $$$ [$75 * 2 = $150 (cost) - $150 (contingency award) = 0 (net gain)] and we have made our hp #'s public.

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Instead of creating a contest only a few can win (highest hp is your definition of a win I suppose), try and make it fair for all. Pay your money and 'predict' your result. Could be anything but:

1. Before your 1st pull, you have to guess (to the 10th), your peak hp number. Closest one wins.

2. Before your first pull, predict your power-to-GCR spec minimum race weight (to the hundreth). Closest one wins.

lateapex911
09-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I think he meant that the winner was the car that won the ITB race, AND did a public pull.

(Thanks Kirk...I LOVE that term, ...appropo of nothing, of course!)

Ed Funk
09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
:024: Whoa!! If Steph hears that "public pull" line, you guys won't ever get her to stop razzing you!! :happy204:

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2006, 12:50 PM
:024: Whoa!! If Steph hears that "public pull" line, you guys won't ever get her to stop razzing you!! :happy204: [/b]

Only the guys with "low hp" would be afraid of a "public pull"...

:P :D :P :D :P :D :P :D

RSTPerformance
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I did mean in the race itself, but hey good ideas for something different!!!

Also all the other comments... lol :happy204:

Raymond

Ed Funk
09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
:018: Hey, my "hp" may be low, but at least it's also old and slow!! :wacko:

gran racing
09-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I really like how Ray's idea also includes other people that the front runners. There would also be an incentive to get the front running drivers to publically dyno their cars.

Guessing dyno pulls? Nah. That just rewards people that dyno their cars more often.

In the other dyno thread, Jeff mentioned that there may be resistance to doing the dyno runs by many people since the track would be the first they hear of it. It seems like the majority of the people who attend the event sign-up online. Maybe there could be a mailing to people who have signed-up for the race alerting them of the plans? Of course it would be much easier if the registar would be willing to share participants names and address. Say there were 30 people in the class, it really wouldn't cost much to print a brief letter and for postage. Yes, I'd be willing to help with this.

Hey Ray, since I'm not going to be able race at the event and put my car on the dyno :( , I'd be willing to let you help me put my motor back together and we can make it an even faster car. :happy204: