PDA

View Full Version : It's Not When, It is HOW???

JeffYoung
09-06-2006, 06:54 PM
If the BoD doesn't act soon, there is going to be no way we can get the VTS sheets done in time for 2007.

This is silly. BoD! Act!

Z3_GoCar
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey Jeff,

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that the forum's name has been changed. However, how are the other proposed classes going to deal with a compressed time schedule? I imagine that a class that's nationals eligable would be worse than a regional only class. I still assume it'll come out in the next Fastrak.

James

gran racing
09-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Jeff, have you already completed the VTS document for the car you're talking about? If it were me and I had a car in mind that I wanted to race in ITR, I'd have it complete and ready to be sent out now. Heck, I'd probably even send a copy to the ITAC as a "if ITR happens, please consider this".

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Jeff, have you already completed the VTS document for the car you're talking about? If it were me and I had a car in mind that I wanted to race in ITR, I'd have it complete and ready to be sent out now. Heck, I'd probably even send a copy to the ITAC as a "if ITR happens, please consider this". [/b]

Very wise move. You should write a book... :D

JeffYoung
09-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Dave, good point, but I guess my point is more along the lines of this.

Ron, myself and others put together a list of about FORTY cars for ITR. Some are the highly
populer models that everyone will want to build -- 328i, 300ZX, Supra, etc.

A lot are more oddballish, and no one is going to "want" to fill out the VTS sheets for them. It is
going to be drudgery, and it is probably going to fall on myself and a few others who came up with
the initial car list to do it.

In other words, I'm not worried about the 300zxs of ITR, I'm worried about the Lexus SC300 and Maxima.

Frankly, I'm not going to put time and effort into doing the VTS sheets for those cars -- which are necessary to have a "full" list of classed cars like S, A, B, and C until I am sure that ITR is in and that the list we suggested is approved.

BoD -- GET ON THE STICK.

Ron Earp
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Ditto what Jeff said.

James/Dave, have you looked at a VTS sheet? I thought it was just the stuff in the GCR, then I downloaded it and found out the GCR has about 1/10th of what is on the VTS. I know 95-95 Mustang GTs very well but there was a ton of stuff on the VTS sheet I could not answer easily, and, isn't just simple to go out and pickup anywhere. you guys might be more informed than I, but my eyes were opened upon having a look at the sheets then thinking about all the cars that had to have them 100% filled out.

Doing these VTS sheets is going to be a lot of work, and I for one don't want to be doing the work for a class that will not be.

R

lateapex911
09-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Jeff, I think the BoD got on the stick and did their thing...they voted. Now it's up to the normal channels at HQ to publish the results in the next Fastrack, due in 12 days or so.

Yes, it has been "published" as an inference really, in the press release, which is rather inconsistant, if you aske me. The vote on the H &N R was not published or referrred to in any way, just as all the myriad of other issues voted on.

The suspense IS killing us all.

I DO wish the BoD had authorized the CRB to indicate to the ITAC that we should start getting the VTS sheets together, but so far, we have no official word.

Regardless, if the BoD say we have an ITR class for next year, we'll get it done! (but might grumble about it more due to time constraints)

Ditto what Jeff said.

James/Dave, have you looked at a VTS sheet? I thought it was just the stuff in the GCR, then I downloaded it and found out the GCR has about 1/10th of what is on the VTS. I know 95-95 Mustang GTs very well but there was a ton of stuff on the VTS sheet I could not answer easily, and, isn't just simple to go out and pickup anywhere. you guys might be more informed than I, but my eyes were opened upon having a look at the sheets then thinking about all the cars that had to have them 100% filled out.

Doing these VTS sheets is going to be a lot of work, and I for one don't want to be doing the work for a class that will not be.

R
[/b]

Fortunately, for IT, some of the stuff, like windsheild layover angle, can be left blank, or maybe "Yes" will work. As in "Yes, the windsheild lays over at an angle!"

But it's still a bit of work, no doubt about it.

gran racing
09-07-2006, 01:22 PM
James/Dave, have you looked at a VTS sheet?[/b]

Yup, I was the one who requested that the 2nd gen Prelude be classed in IT. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately in hind sight) it initially fell into ITA. I totally agree that completing it can be pretty tough. When I was speaking with Honda about some of the info., they said that couldn't give out that information and it was private. Gesh, it's from '87! Not like technology hasn't improved since then.

Forty cars? Wow! I wrongly thought it was for just one or a few cars.

JeffYoung
09-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Yup. 40 cars or so. A full classification list, with some cool stuff on there that people will not immediately jump on -- Porsche 968, Lexus SC300, etc.

I'm fully prepared to do the VTS sheets for a group of these cars, but damn, we need to know soon if we are going to get it done for 2007.

Ron Earp
09-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I'll definitely help do them and will take a big chunk of them to make sure they get completed in time. I know some folks have the opinion that nobody will build a XYZ, so don't do the sheet and don't class it.

Well, I don't agree with that thinking because a newbie isn't going to work to get a car he wants to build classed, he'll just take what is on the list. I want to see someone wailing around in a Taurus SHO so I best do the sheet for it, and all those other odd balls. Otherwise we'll have a class of BMWs and Z32 Nissans, and that is it.

Heck, you think I would have lobbyed to class and Jensen Healey? On second thought, maybe it would have been best to have not been classed! :D

R

Z3_GoCar
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Ditto what Jeff said.

R
[/b]

Hey Ron,

I've got a half completed VTS sheet on the 2.8l Z3 that I was preparing before ITR got it's last boost. So I do know about the myrid of questions that are involved in completing one. BTW, is there a way to get VTS sheets on currently classed cars? The BMW's will be easy to do if we can, all the details can be completed with variations to cover the different incarnations. Example, the 328 will share all the extiorior dimensions with the appropriate e-36 325/ e-46 323 and the motor and trans ratio's with the Z3, while the Z3 will share some of the body dimentions with the 1.9liter Z3. The real work will be in the less well supported cars, but they are less numerous too. Maybe they should be identified first, then split up between several volunteers.

gran racing
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Andy and Jake,

Does the BoD use the VTS sheets or do they rely on higher level information that you communicate to them? What I'm getting at, is there a smaller scale version of the VTS that could be made acceptable? I know in the past there has been discussion that some of the information is not critical and when I had conversations with the former board, they didn't even care about on the document. Less information that has to be compiled and for you guys to review.

Cause your lacking things to do :rolleyes: especially with the ongoing improvements being made, might this shrinking of the VTS be added to your soon to-do list?

dickita15
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
guys, I know it sucks but lets just wait the 12 days and see what the wording in fastrack is. if it says that the crb should class these then yes there is work to do but if the class is approved with a spread sheet of gcr info I think it it time to start building.

gsbaker
09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
...we'll get it done![/b]That's "Git 'er done!", Jake. You need to get out more.;)