PDA

View Full Version : Sebring ECR

zracre
09-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok how does this work...I was running second and took my 5 min pit stop...MVS did not . My out after the pit stop was FCY then 2 turns later black flag all and it took a long time to get back to the line...hence the slow last lap. Why is MVS given the win?? The pit marshalls were walking up and down pit lane saying we have like 53 minutes to go and we will be regrid...they then call it a race. In the drivers meeting they said we should take our pit stop early in case of a situation like this. Now I go from second to almost last because I took my mandatory pit stop early as suggested by the chief steward. The race was called early. I dont get it...

http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=405198

pblracing
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Evan,

The results posted at the track are not the "Final" official results for the ECR races. The ECR race results do not technically become final until 10 days after they are posted on the SEDIV website. During that 10 day period an entrant is allowed to protest pit stop violations.

However as the results are posted on Mylaps you can get a head start on the protest process. Just use the lap timing to determine every car that didn't make the required pit stop and send Carol Cone an email pointing them out. I have done this several times this year for SM and Carol has been a help in this.

As far as the need for a pit stop, it doesn't matter that the race was ended early. The ECR rules require the stop no matter the length of the race. The only precedent I can think of for this was at Moroso during 2004 when the ambulance had to leave the track. They called the race early and several cars had not pitted. All of those cars were DQ'd.

zracre
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
that would leave me as the only one to complete a pit stop :wacko: ...no one else has a 5+ min pit stop on mylaps...I am the only one...My crew noticed this as well. thanks for the advise I will email them

Chris Wire
09-04-2006, 10:16 PM
So what was the contributing factor to stop the race? Was it weather, or accident related?

Essentially that means it was a 37 minute endurance race? :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

zracre
09-04-2006, 10:24 PM
we had degrading conditions...I came in for rains and 5 min stop...race stopped because we had a major downpour and many people crashed...the contitions were better for powerboats than cars...less than 0 visibility wind and lightning...we also had cars in the wall all over with ambulances and wreckers running crazy

charrbq
09-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Been there in the rain...know the feeling. Love the course in the dry, but it's the most treacherous track I've ever run in the rain. :o The front straight is way more suitable for boating than racing, and it's not the only bad spot. Even the back straight can sneak up on you as you approach 17. :wacko:

Oh, and by the way, you got screwed! Sebring's T&S must have some problems. The last time I was there, they had me with the second fastest lap, but finishing in 9th, two laps down. My ignition had headed south during the race, but I finished 5th and no one lapped me. When I questioned it, I was told that if I could prove it with suitable time sheets, then it would be considered. I was more concerned about my car, and it just wasn't worth the hassle. :(

dickita15
09-05-2006, 04:13 AM
Out of curiosity seeing the race did go near half distance is it an official race. It there anything in the supps about ending early.

Russell
09-05-2006, 07:31 AM
It seems like a lot of people pitted on lap 11. That was when I pitted but was not scored because our pit stall was before T&S. We had to pause our pit work when the black flag came out. I think a lot of cars entered the pit lane after the black flag and they had to line up because their pit stops would not count. How many cars were sitting on the back straight behind the pace car? What a mess. I have to go back and watch the video to figure out how I got my best time on lap 9 when the weather was crap????

I hope everyone that went off are ok. The worst damage I saw was the Miata that put it in at the exit of 17. I also saw the Blue/Black ITS Integra blow its engine at turn 8. At least that is what it looked like with the bright orange flames coming out from under the car! Granted the last lap I was out there I could not see a thing, I was happy to find turn 10 becuase I sure as heck did'nt know where it was!!!!

zracre
09-05-2006, 08:07 AM
I have sent out emails and the people involved have already responded...they are working on it and nothing is official yet. I would think there is alot of figuring out! that was a crazy weekend! I guess we just need to be patient and wait for the official results.

superneon5
09-05-2006, 09:43 AM
All I know at the drivers meeting they specifically said IF the race is stopped because of weather and you have not taken your 5 min. mandatory stop, you will be penalized!! As rediculous as this may seem, the Chief Steward specifically mentioned this scenario.

Eddy

zracre
09-05-2006, 09:53 AM
that is why I pitted early...I waited until I was sure the track was undriveable on dries on my car...I went off a few times and got dirty but didnt lose too much time...I saw everyone go off at some point...then I was thankful to know I had my stop in. Then I saw the results :wacko: I know they are just what mylaps saw and printed and they are raw/unadjusted.

Knestis
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I would respectfully point out that this is the kind of thing we get when artificial pit stop requirements (number, time, whatever) are imposed on endurance races of any length. If it had been a straight fight without the silliness, there would have been some dice-rolling because of the weather but the outcome would have been decided on the track.

K

Bob Sieck
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
FWIW - When the ECR folks get the pit stop scenario resolved the official results will be found on the SEDIV website - and mylaps info may not be updated. I believe they were able to make the race official by starting the race clock for _ minutes while you guys were stewing in your cars, then waiving the checker as you paraded into the paddock.
Evan - more important - what happened to your Integra on the pace lap of the Sunday am race?
Bob Sieck
ITA Miata occasionally

zracre
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
paraded into the paddock.
Evan - more important - what happened to your Integra on the pace lap of the Sunday am race?
Bob Sieck
ITA Miata occasionally
[/b]

Well all was fine until the 1 minute warning...the check engine light kicked on and the idle went all crazy...then out on the pace lap I rebooted it 3 times and it kept coming back in failsafe...rev limit=3500rpm&#39;s...I did not want to get run over by everyone so I pulled off in the safest way I could think of. I thought something got real wet on saturday so I cleaned everything out (ECU Distributor all connectors etc) but it kept doing the same thing...the ECU and Distributor had dry internals so It seems like something else is bothering it <_< I tried to get codes but the light just stays lit when the connector is bridged. oh well it needs a good going through anyways...I didn&#39;t want to frustrate myself anymore than I already had...so I packed up and went home. Hope all went well in your races!

rob22
09-06-2006, 07:02 AM
I believe I was the first or close to it to stop for the 5 minute pit. Started 62nd in the number 94 ITS 240SX
"nemo" made it to 22nd overall (per my laps) and pitted after lap 10. Mike Covello got in the car, but never left pit lane due to us not having rains. He decided that the conditions were worsening and it just wasn&#39;t worth losing the car. It was a lot of fun for 10 laps however. It appears they did not score us as having pitted. Finally scored as 35th overall, without ever going back on track. Confusing.

"Bosco" Logsdon

orlando_wrx
09-07-2006, 06:50 AM
We were in the same boat as you evan, rains and 5 minutes just go get black flag 3/4 of the way into the next lap. Will be interesting to see results.

redhareracer
09-14-2006, 10:36 PM
I spoke with Leland on Sunday morning and he said the results would not be final until Carol went through them regarding required pit stops ect.
I made my required pit stop prior to both the yellow at 17 and the black flag and returned to the line to return to racing...............until they finally threw the checker. I was last in my group although I was one of the few that made the pit stop...........( racing is not crawling through the rain)
I look forward to the final results