PDA

View Full Version : Nashville pics

chumpy36
09-04-2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.c2racing.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=397

Not many but you might see yourself in there.

Interesting place. Looked like a fun track

88YB1
09-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Definately a fun track. This was the third race of my rookie year, and fate smiled on me. I was paddocked next to another rookie. He in an ITS Porsche 944 and I in an ITA Pontiac Fiero. Both with cars that were not fully developed. This made for a very fun and exciting weekend. Our times were within a second all weekend. Sure we were at the rear of the pack, but it didn't matter. We were racing. We started with times in the 1:22s during practice Friday, and as the weekend progressed our times consistantly improved. Our qualifing times by Saturday had dropped to the low 1:20s. For Sundays qualifing race Rich was grided right behind me. I managed to pull a 1:19.741 to his 1:21.104. For the race Sunday afternoon I was grided one row up on the outside from Rich. This gave me a good view of the starter. I was able to get a good clean start and pass several cars on the start. I went into turn one in 5th or 6th place. I was able to hold position going into turn two, but I over drove the car into two and lost it. I managed to keep the car on track. and thanks to the driving skills of the drivers behind me was not hit. I did though manage to go to dead last. I immediately got back into the race chasing my arch rival Richard Lavosky in his Porsche. It took a few laps to close on Rich. Then Rich did the same thing I had down earlier. He over drove going into turn four, and spun in front of me. He came to a stop mid track so I backed off to give him time to clear the track then passed him as he came back up to speed. That was the last time I saw him til after the race. Post race results showed Rich with an 1:18.4XX and I with an 1:18.3XX. Due to an engine problem late in the race Rich finished several car lengths behind me.
From a rookie's viewpoint the most difficult part of the track was the turn 1 1A combination. Turn one is a real tight 180* lefthander followed by a short shoot into a changing radius 180* righthander. The most intimidating part is coming off the high speed front straight into turn one. Coming off the high bank concrete transitioning onto flat asphalt with approximately 150 ft brake zone followed by a rather gental high speed turn leading into the heavy brake zone for the very low speed turn one. It took me almost all weekend to get enough confidence to keep from lifting til after the transition. Once I did it it became thrilling. Was it fun? You betcha. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

Chuck
ITA 88 Pontiac Fiero :happy204: