PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SEDIV schedule timeframe

Parrish57
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Does anyone know when we can expect the first draft of the 2007 SEDIV schedule? I have to bid for vacation and it usually comes out at about the same time my bids are due.

Thanks, Steve

tom_sprecher
09-01-2006, 01:12 PM
The schedule does not come out until late fall, if I remember correctly, and is not finalized until after the annual meeting. Usually, unless something drastic happens, races are scheduled on the same weekends as the year before. Track schedules are pretty tight and between all the various events, series and what have you, there is not a lot of flexiblity.

SARRC race dates are typically not changed unless necessary and only after it is discussed and agreed on.

Is there a specific race date you are trying to confirm? Let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

charrbq
09-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Tom,
What is the current status of the race at Barber Motorsports Park? Is it to be in July, 2007, as I've heard, or is it to be in 2008, as I've also heard? Will is be a double SARRC, as in the past, or a R/N, which will bring fewer entries? Will it include an ECR race?
No rush on the answers. Anytime between tomorror and the end of the year. :D

tom_sprecher
09-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Like you, I heard that we were on for Barber in 2007. I can't speak for our friends in the AL region but it will probably be the same weekend as the at Roebling was this year (July 8-9) and a double. I don't know about an ECR since they did not have one this year.

Maybe someone from AL will let us all know as I feel many people are interested.

charrbq
09-02-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm glad to go back. It's a challenging course with some of the best facilities I've every seen. Biggest advantage is it's only 6 hrs away. That's as near to me as any course I race on. Closer than R/A and way closer than Daytona or Sebring. VIR isn't even discussed as a possiblity as it would be a 22 hr tow.

Parrish57
09-16-2006, 09:25 AM
The 2007 schedule is up on the sediv site. At first glance it appears that most of the traditional dates are back. There is a new one at CMP in November. No Barber dates. Can anyone shed some light on PDX?

charrbq
09-16-2006, 06:14 PM
My understanding is that the July date for Alabama Region that is scheduled for Roebling Road was the date formerly held at Barber, and would be the date used in 2007 for the double SARRC at Barber. That may have changed or been a misprint.

The PDX, as I've been told, is a sort of high speed autocross/Solo 1 type thing.

88YB1
09-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Another question about the 2007 schedule. CC region had indicated that this was to be the last event at Lowes this past June. I see it is on the schedule for 2007. Is this a misprint, or will we be going back? Also, Atlanta region will be going back to Nashville for Labor Day 2007. The schedule lists a double SARRC only. Does this mean that the ProIT has been dropped? And then for November it lists only the ARRC. No ECR or ProIT. Have these been dropped, or is this due to these races being run under one sanctioning number?

Chuck :wacko:
ITA 34

JeffYoung
09-17-2006, 10:53 PM
CCR now says we go back to Lowe's. I for one an glad.

apexingsupra
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
The Alabama Region is going back to Barber in 2007. The weekend we have been running at Roebling is now going to switch to Barber. We have secured that date and it will be a double SARRC. Looks like I will be race chairman in 07 for the event after flying the "second seat" instead the last two years. I expect a huge field.

Barry H.
ALSCCA RE
07 Race Chairman

charrbq
09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Looks like I will be race chairman in 07 for the event after flying the "second seat" instead the last two years.

Barry H.
ALSCCA RE
07 Race Chairman
[/b]
A candle has been lit for your efforts!

Butch Kummer
09-18-2006, 09:05 AM
We have definitely gotten permission to run a Double SARRC at Nashville over Labor Day weekend in 2007, plus we are working on co-sanctioning the weekend with the Mid-South Region (Memphis) as part of their Mid-Am series (sort of like the SARRC/MARRS weekend at VIR each year). There will be a test day on Friday, qualifying and races on both Saturday and Sunday, then I want to keep Monday as a travel day (since just about everyone has to travel to Nashville).

Per the SARRC rules we'd need to get a waiver from the SARRC Committee to combine anything else with a two-day Double SARRC. Due to the short (1.41 mile) lap length we need to run at least seven run groups to accomodate all the cars I believe will show up, and so far I've not been able to work out a schedule that will reasonably allow us to run Pro-IT as well. That said, IF (and that's a BIG "IF") we can work a deal to turn the lights on, we'll look into running late on Saturday.

The ARRC will continue to include Pro-IT on Friday and an Enduro (not part of the ECR series) on Sunday. The ARRC "Sprint" races (the Championship races) will be on Saturday. What else we add to the weekend depends on how things work out this year. Who knows, we might take a page from the local short track and have school bus races Sunday morning... :D

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region
Competition Director

charrbq
09-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Man! You guys are really trying to pull off some great stuff! Personal down side is, now that I've retired, and have to live on a reduced income, you've added somewhere else that I've just GOT to go race. Oh well, I can live without beer for a few weeks to save the money for an entry. :D

Parrish57
09-19-2006, 11:20 PM
[quote]
Another question about the 2007 schedule. CC region had indicated that this was to be the last event at Lowes this past June. I see it is on the schedule for 2007. Is this a misprint, or will we be going back?

Every year since I started racing in 1998 I've been hearing "this is the last year for Lowes". I really took it to heart at first because of the demise of Rockingham. Now I just think it's part of the annual negotiating ritual. The folks at the track know how bad we want to come back and they can charge more every year. I hope they don't price us out.

Speaking of "The Rock" I'm excited to see it make a (slow) comeback. They pulled the plug on it about the same year I started.