09-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Bettencourt / Hunter / Klvana for 2nd in ITA

Blethen / Blethen / Mullin for ITB Champ

Haines / Megliola / White / Funk for 2nd in ITC

Cheap Date should be interesting!

http://www.scca-nnjr.org/download/narrc-points.pdf

^^^POINTS LINK^^^
[/b]
Richy H is knocking hard on the door without the 12 bonus points for third track. Looks like the table is set, let's eat. Can we sick Crazy Joe on Greg????? :rolleyes: Just kidding.

dominojd
09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Richy H is knocking hard on the door without the 12 bonus points for third track. Looks like the table is set, let's eat. Can we sick Crazy Joe on Greg????? :rolleyes: Just kidding.
[/b]

I'm sorry Mr. AMY already made me a very very very generous offer to do very very very bad things to Mr. Bettencourt, to keep that mosquito from biting him on the ass. :D

I love you to Tim. Can't wait for the NARRC running door handle to door handle with Mr. Klvana. :wacko:

Andy Bettencourt
09-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Well since you are not Pre-Registered for NHIS and can't get close enough at LRP... :P

I can't wait for the weekend - a DRY ONE you punks! Stop the ITB guys from wishing for rain.

Oh boy - a full run group again....

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604385 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604385)

dominojd
09-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Well since you are not Pre-Registered for NHIS and can't get close enough at LRP... :P

I can't wait for the weekend - a DRY ONE you punks! Stop the ITB guys from wishing for rain.

Oh boy - a full run group again....

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604385 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604385)
[/b]

Don't forget the LAst chance at the Glen. I may be showing up :D

Greg Amy
09-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Don't forget the LAst chance at the Glen. I may be showing up...[/b]

Not a NARRC race...but you should show up anyway.

If you think the ITA championship is locked up, think again. There's still some key issues to be resolved:

- Andy Bettencourt KILLED at LRP last month. Walked the field. The NARRC Runoffs at LRP in October is worth double points (24 for a win). My car is not nearly as well-suited to LRP as is the mosquito.
- Remember that only the best 8 races count. Andy and I have both finished 8 to date this year. Therefore, a win from this moment on is not necessarily worth 12 points, it's worth the marginal difference between the win and the lowest points finish. Andy's worst finish is zero points; my worst finish is four points (6th at LRP - there's that damn track again).
- Given the next marginal increase for a win for me is to erase a 4th place (NHIS rain race, Toyo tires), the next win - assuming it comes - is only worth 6 points. Andy's next marginal win is worth 7 points.
- A top-5 for me at the NARRC Runoffs is only worth a point or two, because double points for a fifth is only 10, erasing only one point for the second place at LRP (!!) last June.
- Then, to top it all off, the June NHIS triple-race, double-points weekend was with groupings that pretty much put ITA up front with clear track. This coming weekend promises to be a cluster-fest: not only are there 24 ITA cars currently registered, but there are 4 GTLs, 1 HP, 3 GP, 6 EP, and 3 FP cars, the latter of which have proven to be significant pests among the ITA front-runners (I credit an FP car for at least one position loss at the shortened April NHIS race, and for costing me the win at LRP in June).
- Finally, we're running the south chicane on Saturday this weekend; can you imagine ~12-15 Prod and GT car intermixed with the hotly-contested ITA crowd, 40+ cars all funneling into that chicane on the first lap? I know where I'd be for the start if I weren't racing in it myself!
- Bottom line, while a lot of folks are looking to the NARRC Runoffs to tally up the season, this weekend's NHIS race - with all these Prod and GT cars mixed in there - is truly the decision-maker for the NARRC ITA championship. Success or failure in 6 days will decide it.

I'm not implying I'm in a poor points position, but don't give up the ghost yet; there's still some thrills and spills to come! - GA

(P.S. Can we PLEASE not run Prod cars in ITA next year...? Pretty please?)

Andy Bettencourt
09-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Very interesting....I have designed a way for me to win by one point...HA!

Greg Amy
09-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Does it involve my left-rear quarter panel...?

;)

Andy Bettencourt
09-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Naw...It just involves all of the planets aligning!!!!

:D

RSTPerformance
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Not to steal thunder from the ITA guys but if you look at the ITB points in NARRC and/or NERRC things are very tight... It will even be tough to fight off Rick in the Honda if he gets a couple good finishes at NHIS this weekend. Jim McMahon can easily take home a podium position with last events dominating performance at NHIS.

If all goes well for us this weekend then something for you all to look forward to is the possible Blethen/Blethen brawl at Lime Rock for the ITB NARRC championship. We may be going in almoast tied up if things go as planned for Stephen.

I think that cheep date will have lots of twists and turns in a few classes for multiple positions throught both the NERRC and NARRC series. If someone is on thier game winning both races will be like winning at Lime Rock... only more points -> 28 NERRC points and 26 NARRC Points are on the line!!!

Raymond

BobsAuto
09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Don't forget you have Rob and Derrick coming down from Canada to mix things up this weekend in ITB. Sounds like the ITB guys have to do some teaming up with those two.

Greg Amy
09-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I wonder how many IT forum topic discussions on the current status of Northeast ITB points the Blethen clan would find to be enough...?

:P

dominojd
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Not a NARRC race...but you should show up anyway.

[/b]

I know it's not a NARRC points race. I just want to go up there again this year after my disapponiting run last time. Yeah I know 4th is pretty good out of 20 some odd cars in class but, the car just wasn't right. I know it has a lot more in it.