PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Date

BobsAuto
08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I just go an email from the crazy Canadians.....yes, our favorites, Derrick and Rob, are coming down and I guess there will be 10 of them total...bodies that is. Don't know if they are bringing any more than the two cars. Diane wrote to me tonight :024: and said that they are "invading" the track and looking forward to seeing everyone. :happy204:

Andy Bettencourt
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
We will all be there..team cars in ITA and ITS and two hot-shoe newbies in 2 SM rentals.
Can't wait! This could shape up to be a nice battle for 2nd now that Greg is back...
:)

Tkczecheredflag
08-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Czechered Flag Motorsports will be a late arrival on Saturday morning (a lot of family conflicts this year - good stuff but hectic), but we will be there. It's been a while since we turned a wheel on a track surface. For once I am glad we are the last run group of the day - it saved us for qualifying.

7racing
08-30-2006, 10:37 AM
I hope to be there, but I wrecked my 240 on Friday during the test day. Might get back from the body shop in time, might not. I am already working on a back up plan, as I would like to get a little more than 4 laps of racing in this year.

For anyone that knows my 2006 racing saga, it has been a long, long season of watching other people have fun.

Good luck to all that make it there!

Jeremy

:birra:

lateapex911
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
For anyone that knows my 2006 racing saga, it has been a long, long season of watching other people have fun.

Good luck to all that make it there!

Jeremy

:birra:
[/b]

I thought that was the story of 2005!!! You're on the backup plan for the back up plan with that car these days! Sorry to hear of more bad stuff. :(

Jeremy Billiel
08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I'll be there!

RSTPerformance
08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
We should be their with both Audi's if... Place your bets:

Red Audi-

- Engine/Tranny is being pulled fixed and replaced. This is to fix an unknown clutch problem. After the fix is made the engine/tranny needs to be reinstalled.

Blue Audi- In massive rebuilding process.

- Entirely new front suspension fitted with Bilstiens to match the Red Audi is being built as we speak.
- Complete from scratch engine being built. This engine will be more "to the limit" of the rules than prior motors. Yes it is still being built in the RST Performance Shop so it won't be some crazy $2,000+ motor. But for us it is a ton of work.

On top of all the work, we are working out of 3 garages with tools scatered at each one. Each shop is 15 -30 minutes apart :( . Can we get it all done? We are hoping. Throughout the entire season we havn't had a gol of the NERRC championship as we only attended NARRC races, however with the current points battle, who can resist going for gold?

Tim Mullen 57
Raymond Blethen IV 56
Paul Curran 56
Stephen Blethen 45
Thomas Kelly 40

Raymond :wacko: Blethen

PS: Special thanks go out to Randy, Tom, Tim, and Justin for the help that they have and are going to give over the next 2 weeks.

Ed Funk
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
We'll both be there on Sunday, just me on sat in the itc CRX, Steph works sat but will be up to show me how it's done on Sunday in the blue itc Civic (if it rains!) if it's dry I'll be showing her how it's done! :happy204: Lots of work to do on both cars tho, so will be putting in long hours over labor day weekend. Should be fun, and then we're going to Watkins for the Fun One.

BobsAuto
08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Derrick and Rob, our favorite Canadians, are just bringing two cars but lots of friends to cheer them on. Should be a fun weekend.

RSTPerformance
09-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Weather looks good for cheep date... :(

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/03307

Raymond

StephF
09-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Weather looks good for cheep date... :(

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/03307

Raymond
[/b]

RATS!!!
:angry:

Greg Amy
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
RATS!!!
:angry:
[/b]

What is this wierd fascination with rain? Haven't we had enough this year?

Do you want to RACE or do you want to go play in the rain? Because they ain't the same...

dazzlesa
09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
i got to agree with greg. yeah i am preety good in the rain, but i would rather run in the dry anyday!

StephF
09-02-2006, 08:14 AM
For some bizarre reason, I move up in a huge way in the rain. I qualified 3rd overall at LRP on July 4 after qualifying in that wonderful downpour we had. (hydroplaning down the main straight...YEE-haw!) And it's not the first time that's happened, so it wasn't a fluke.
But I can't seem to catch a break. It can pour during qualifying and will always dry up for the race. And then the screaming hordes come a rushing!
And yes, playing and racing ARE the same in the rain for me!!! :P
great weather for cheap date........
Rats....and rats again.... :mad1:

RSTPerformance
09-02-2006, 09:25 AM
What is this wierd fascination with rain? Haven't we had enough this year?

Do you want to RACE or do you want to go play in the rain? Because they ain't the same...
[/b]

Learn how to drive in the rain, and you will have an opportunity to "race" in the rain :cavallo:

Raymond "stirrin up some trouble :unsure: " Blethen

Andy Bettencourt
09-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh we KNOW how to drive in the rain - we just PREFER to race in the dry. Strap some on and stop wishing for rain!

BobsAuto
09-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Steph, When I first started racing, I seemed to always race in the rain....in the S2, got horribly wet as well... :( , but, because I was a more cautious racer and not really aggressive, I found that I could drive much faster in the rain because my "cautious" racing speed turned out to be the fast race speed in the rain. Rain seems to even out the odds between the "fast" cars and the not so fast cars. Besides, it's fun to try to find that fast rain line..... :cavallo:

Greg Amy
09-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Learn how to drive in the rain, and you will have an opportunity to "race" in the rain...[/b]

Learn how to drive in the dry, and you won't have to pray for the rain...

:P

dj10
09-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Learn how to drive in the dry, and you won't have to pray for the rain...

[/b]

Wooh!!! :birra:

RSTPerformance
09-02-2006, 04:23 PM
hummmm dam it, someone help me out here, they are winning the battle....

Raymond "no wories guys, I want it ti be dry, I want to chill in the hamock" Blehen

Greg Amy
09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
hummmm dam it, someone help me out here, they are winning the battle...[/b]

Ah, Grasshopper, the wisdom of experience shall come in due time: "Learn to drive in both and it won't matter...!"

bah-dum-dum

Eric Parham
09-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I'll be there, hopefully with a straightened steed and enough time to dial it back in. P.S. -- I've got actual rain tires now, so the rest of you watersports enthusiasts (Ed, Steph, Russ, etc.) can stop wishing for a downpour ;)

JLawton
09-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Oh no!!!! :119: Do I actually see Crazy Joe signed up!!!! Since he only collected half the field the last time, is he trying for the other half??

Is Greg paying him to take out the competition??

You guys think he was dangerous before, know that he has that car dialed in, it's gonna be scary!!!

:P

StephF
09-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll be there, hopefully with a straightened steed and enough time to dial it back in. P.S. -- I've got actual rain tires now, so the rest of you watersports enthusiasts (Ed, Steph, Russ, etc.) can stop wishing for a downpour ;)
[/b]

Eric, your tire selection has nothing to do with my enjoying the rain.
Glad you finally sprang for some tires so you can come out to play with us. I was beginning to think you were in training for Nascar... ;)

Eric Parham
09-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I was beginning to think you were in training for Nascar... ;)[/b]
Ooouch :D

So, are you saying that you really prefer racing in the rain to racing in the dry? I try to make the best of it, but would opt for the nice sunny day in a heartbeat. For example, I've grown to love ice racing (low traction = great challenge, somewhat similar to racing in the rain), but would blink my eyes to a warm summer race if I could (not at the same venue or I'd sink, thank you).

Glad to see that you've finally got both Hondas going. Meg's Civic (another non-CRX) was very strong at WGI. See you this weekend! B)

RSTPerformance
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
ok, update from the RST "camp"

Red Car-

Enhine and tranny is out of car. Got the clutch today and it was the wrong one :dead_horse: Now awaiting the new clutch so we can put it all back into the car!!!

Blue Car-

Suspension should be done tonight. The engine however.... Piston Rings were back ordered again so the motor is still in a million pieces. We are hoping that they will be in tomorrow so that we can put it together, then put it in Thursday night and/or Friday night.

This week is like we have two teams of people working 1 hour apart to try and get both cars done in two different garages...

Might only make it or Sunday but we are trying...

Raymond

16v
09-05-2006, 10:23 PM
since I'm not racing I can't throw a jinx.

Weather report as of 2320hr looks to be great for this weekend. See y'all there. You won't see me hiding behind the camera but I'm sure to see you :035:

Andy Bettencourt
09-06-2006, 10:34 AM
IT counts are strong as usual - and many thanks go to NER for a great VALUE.

ITA leads the way again with 26 cars!

ITS rolls up second with 20.

ITB comes in string with 14.

ITC grabs 5...

65 cars out of 223 pre-registered as of now...almost 30%.

eclip5e
09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Who could put me on their pit crew on Saturday? I'm not a mechanic, but i can change tires, help bleed brakes, take photos, and other such stuff.

I'm looking to get a feel for Club racing events and meet some people.

RSTPerformance
09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
since I'm not racing I can't throw a jinx.

Weather report as of 2320hr looks to be great for this weekend. See y'all there. You won't see me hiding behind the camera but I'm sure to see you :035:
[/b]

If your not hiding behind the camera whoh will take all these action shots!!!

Who could put me on their pit crew on Saturday? I'm not a mechanic, but i can change tires, help bleed brakes, take photos, and other such stuff.

I'm looking to get a feel for Club racing events and meet some people.
[/b]

Your always welcome on our crew. I think that we may be a bit busy. Lots of repairs to the cars done this week (who knows what is going to go wrong) and I am playing double duty as I am working the event also. We will put you on our list so you can get in, but don't feel that you need to work for us, feel free to wonder about and make as many friends as possible!!! Go to registration and sign under Raymond Blethen ITB #51 If you do look for us just find the 46' white enclosed trailer with the "audi" flag.

Raymond

eclip5e
09-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Go to registration and sign under Raymond Blethen ITB #51 If you do look for us just find the 46' white enclosed trailer with the "audi" flag.
Raymond
[/b]

Myself and a friend of mine who owns an Audi dealership (http://www.audiforyou.com) are going to come up on Sunday and check things out if thats cool. We'll register under you.

Will it cost anything as pit crew?

Ed Funk
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
RST is usually pretty cool, generally crew doesn't have to pay for anything except the beer!! :birra: Bring lots of $!! B)

16v
09-08-2006, 10:27 PM
If your not hiding behind the camera whoh will take all these action shots!!![/b]

oh I will be.. you just won't see me B)

eclip5e
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Me and my buddy had a good time today. We were around until ITE started to run, but had to head back after that due to some business issues.

Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet up with everyone, I feel bad that we didn't get to help out more, but we were entranced watching the race :P

Hope everyone had a good time.