PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen Fun One - New England guys coming?

Bildon
08-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Any of the New England crowd coming to the Fun One double NYSRRC at WGI next month?
Had an awesome ITS race last time... I'm going to try not to "over drive" it into the wall this time :blink:

ChrisCamadella
08-28-2006, 05:09 PM
How's the car, Bill? I'm looking forward to a rematch!

Bildon
08-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Car is better. Still needs a door and some left side paint. The diff bearings need to be replaced as one failed at BeaveRun due to the WGI impact.

My concern now is the tire deal, which you probably read about here. So unless I can find some test time before the event I wont be going flat out.. no confidence in the tires. I may be bringing another set to keep as a safeguard against any problems. After I get the tire situation sorted I'll need to re-address the whole suspension setup again.

I'd say you'll have the advantage on the long course this time...On the short course the Corrado should be competitive again. But maybe it will rain....

benspeed
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I'll be there with the SPO car. Keen to watch the ITS race - been really missing the class this year - it's great competition.

Cheers,

StephF
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
We'll be there, hopefully. Planning on bringing both C cars.
Let the fun begin!!!
:cavallo: :eclipsee_steering: :wacko:

(praying for rain! :023: )

benspeed
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
C'mon Steph - you know I can't run my car in the rain! Dry is the way to run the Glen! I don't even own a set of rains for this monster. I made a rule - never, ever will I run this car in the rain. Just isn't fun.

Bildon
09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
WGI Weather report looks like Sunny and 78* :023: :eclipsee_steering: