http://www.speedtv.com/articles/newmodels/automotive/31664/

yea baby

RSTPerformance
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
way cool... maybe they will make a model to fit the ITB/ITC ranks :wacko: lol

Raymond

JamesB
08-28-2006, 01:40 PM
current motor or the other motors out there wont give it that luck.

lateapex911
08-28-2006, 03:08 PM
That thing's ITR in 5 years!

Talk about BLING interiors! sheesh!

Bildon
08-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Lots more pics and info:

Info (http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_1825.shtml)

Pics (http://www.vwvortex.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Volkswagen/Concept%20-%20Design/Concept%20Cars/IROC&start=0)

http://www.vwvortex.com/gallery/albums//Volkswagen/Concept%20-%20Design/Concept%20Cars/IROC/002.jpg

Knestis
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah - blech.

What the world needs is a spiritual successor to the Scirocco or first GTI - even the mini. There's absolutely no reason that we couldn't use a light weight, unbloated, 2wd, de-blingified sport coupe or hatch with a modern, 2-liter, 4-cylinder engine. No 150-pound seats. No integrated entertainment center/digital map system. No. Okay - a six-speed manual would be cool.

K

Conover
08-28-2006, 08:16 PM
They say that the consumers are demanding more "functionality" that's why cars are getting so heavy, and have 20 cpus in them.

One thing I definately want in a new car would be the safety features, especially with all the freakin Soccer Suburbans out there.

If you want an unbloated lightwieght car with a 2.0l in it, I can fix you up a really nice MK2, for under 25K too!

The rabbit with it's 5cyl will be a fun car to go IT racing with.

Colin@KW_Suspensions
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
The Polo GTI Cup Edition would be a perfect car to bring to the US. I had the opportunity to sit in one when I was in Germany earlier this year, and it is almost the same size as a Golf I.

Eric Parham
08-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I'd been checking the Polos (and other tiny VWs) out in my travels. Some had transverse engines, but others were longitudinal. Which is the Polo GTI Cup Edition? Can it be had in Brazilian fuel mode (I forgot the name, but the ECM automatically adjusts for any mixture of gas and alcohol)?

The Polo GTI Cup Edition would be a perfect car to bring to the US. I had the opportunity to sit in one when I was in Germany earlier this year, and it is almost the same size as a Golf I.
[/b]

Colin@KW_Suspensions
08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
The Polo is basically a smaller Golf. The engine and tranmission is a 1.8T, exactly the same as a Golf or TT.
The VW computers are very very smart now, and have a wide range of timing retard/advance. the can compensate for a wide range of fuels, however, you will obviously loss performance with the lesser grade of fuel.

Colin

Bill Miller
09-02-2006, 07:24 PM
While it may be a nice car, it's certainly no Scirocco. Not even close. Just like that thing w/ the Rabbit badge is no Rabbit. Yeah, you can't buy much for $15k these days, but 3000#?? :018: :bash_1_:

Performance VWs have never been cheap. I wanted a new Scirocco S in 1981, except that it was $2k more than the Honda Prelude that I looked at, and the Prelude had a power glass sunroof. The '93 Corrado that I had had a $23,950 sticker price (and that's what the original owner paid, almost a year later (9/92 build, car sold in 9/93)). The current crop of high-end VWs are no different. I haven't looked at the sticker price on an R32, but I'm sure it's not cheap. I'd guess low to mid 30's. This car will be no different (if it actually makes it to market).

VW seems to think that they can throw out anything that they want, and capitalize on the model loyalty of the original cars. When the original Rabbits and Sciroccos were introduced, they had some pretty unique styling (at least for the US market). I remember a friend that got a '75 Scirocco, new, when we were in HS. I thought it was one of the coolest cars I'd seen in a long time. Mind you, this was just as the muscle cars of the late 60's were becomming somewhat affordable (several friends bought cars in the $1000 - $1500 range). This new concept that VW has introduced sure doesn't seem to have any unique style. It actually reminds me of an early 90's Civic.

VW may win some new fans w/ this car, but it won't appeal to many people that bought Sciroccos (either Mk I or Mk II).

Eric Parham
09-04-2006, 12:00 PM
While it may be a nice car, it's certainly no Scirocco. Not even close. Just like that thing w/ the Rabbit badge is no Rabbit. Yeah, you can't buy much for $15k these days, but 3000#?? :018: :bash_1_: [/b]
Whaddaya mean "no Scirocco"?! If it says so, it must be true!? :P Now that that's settled (prepares to divulge ulterior motive), can I please have an update/backdate allowance for that drivetrain? :035:

16v
09-06-2006, 11:36 PM
it is God awful