PDA

View Full Version : RAL weekend updates

BobsAuto
08-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Here I am, starting the topic and stupid me forgot to get the results of the enduro when I went up to the track to catch up with Raymond and his Dad tonight. All I know is that the race went well and with relatively no issues (as far as protests and such). I will grab the results in the AM when I go up to register and post them before qualifying of the ITB race. I will get whatever results I can to post periodically during the day.
Incidently, the paddock looked fairly empty tonight. Not many people. :(

BobsAuto
08-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Ok, I've got them.....first of all, sad to say, Ray (the Dad) Blethen, is not racing today. Turns out there was a clutch issue that they did not know about, but the car will be ready for Cheap Date for sure.

Yesterday's results......Little Le Mans....these are the overall IT finishes....

3rd -- ITS - Linscott/Gregory
4th -- ITA - Andrade/Martins
6th -- ITS - Miskoe/Tier
15th - ITA - Kogan/Kogan
16th - ITA - Meindl/Papa
18th - ITC - Megliola/Megliola
21st - ITA - Brooks/Power

Today -- Qualifying Results -- Official in class results with times
ITA
1st -- Brandon Bogart -- 1:16.058
2nd -- Richard Hunter -- 1:16.335
3rd -- Brett Bogart -- 1:17:032
4th -- Geoff Branscombe -- 1:17:499
5th -- Philip Gott -- 1:17:977
6th -- James Alley -- 1:19:601
7th -- Matthew Daniels -- 1:19:858
8th -- Michael Buccella 1:20:719
9th -- Sean Siff -- 1:21:098
10th -- David Faita -- 1:21:219
11th -- Linda Kogan --1:21:377
12th -- Dick Patullo -- 1:22:008
13th -- Paul Masters -- 1:24:788
14th -- Courtney Hubbard -- 1:26:994
DNS -- Andy Bettencourt, Tim Klvana, Windell Holmes, Matt Delgaudio, Erik Shifflett, Will Martins, Jeremy Sheppard.

ITS/ITB in order of qualifying. Position number designates overall position.

1 -- ITS -- Jeff Harding -- 1:15.260
2 -- ITS -- Dave Maynard -- 1:15.884
3 -- ITS -- Ed Tisdale -- 1:15.941
4 -- ITB -- Jim McMahon -- 1:17.479
5 -- ITS -- Robert Blake -- 1:17.613
6 -- ITS -- Jerry Rigali -- 1:17.797
7 -- ITS -- Maurizio Cerasoli -- 1:18.035
8 -- ITS -- Glenn Lawton -- 1:18.794
9 -- ITS -- Domenic Crugnale -- 1:19.502
10 -- ITB -- Paul Curran --1:19.627
11 -- ITS -- Bill Weaver -- 1:19.974
12 -- ITB -- Nat Wentworth -- 1:20.490
13 -- ITB -- Jason Benagh -- 1:21.032
14 -- ITB -- Anthony Ruddy -- 1:21.206
15 -- ITB -- Julie Melbin -- 1:22.360
16 -- ITB -- Matt Baldoni --1:22.971
17 -- ITS -- Eric Snyder --1:23.131
18 -- ITS -- Paul Omichinski -- 1:25.130
DNS- ITB -- Ray Blethen III
ITB -- Enrik Benazic
ITB -- Beran Peter
ITS -- Brian Begnali
ITS -- Russ Jones
ITS -- Mike Carr

I have not gotten the ITC qualifying as of yet but will post that later on.

Can you believe McMahon's time? :wacko: Unreal. He flew!!!!! All the qualifying was in the dry. Looks like the races will probably see rain.

Raymond was doing his thing as SIT and Stephen was there for the AM to watch but had to go this afternoon to his girlfriend's gram's wake. Our thoughts are with Stephanie.

It was also great to see Victor up and about walking and stuff, even with his back brace on. Looking forward to seeing him in the seat of a race car in the future.

And, just as a note....Jim McMahon's daughter is building an ITB Manta just like her Dad's. Now if she races a car like she ski races, you guys are in deep doo-doo. :wacko:

Til later this afternoon......

lateapex911
08-27-2006, 12:01 PM
First, great to hear about Victor.... Glad to hear he's in the loop, and kicking tires.

Second...Jims time?!?!?!?!? Whoa!!!!!!!!!! That placed him 4th in a fast ITA field!!! A staggering time. he's what, 2 SECONDS ahead of the field??

16v
08-27-2006, 06:27 PM
all I have to say is standing in the rain sucks

MMiskoe
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Sorry to nit-pick Trish, but those are the qualifying positions for the enduro. I wish we finished 6th.

9th -- ITS - Linscott/Gregory 257 laps
12th - ITA - Kogan/Kogan 24 laps
16th - ITC - Megliola/Megliola 210 laps
17th - ITA - Brooks/Power 202 laps
18th -- ITS - Miskoe/Tier 190 laps
19th -- ITA - Andrade/Martins 175 laps
DNF - ITA - Meindl/Papa 29 laps

OA winner did 264 laps in a SM car.

As best as I know, there were no full course cautions during the entire 6 hours. But then again we were off track for 2 hrs while we changed diff's. I thought the racing was pretty clean & polite, however there were only 22 cars out there.

Matt

fulscaltyz
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
:happy204: :birra: :eclipsee_steering: :023: :wacko: It was a good evebt. It would have been cool to have more cars. Perhaps with the race being lengthened from four to six hours that chassed afew people away. I hear the race is going to eight hours next year. I think something that should be done to get more people to run are give out trophies to the top three in each class not overall. Shouldn't all the classes be recognized?

BobsAuto
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Sorry about the Enduro results.......It was sprinkling, and I had to copy from what was posted and I thought, as did several others that the results hanging on the wall were the Final Race results.....goes to show you, I need new glasses......

Well, here are the final race results which I got hot off the press as they came off as I worked in Timing this afternoon....

ITA

1st -- Paul Masters
2nd -- Matt Daniels
3rd -- Richard Hunter
4th -- James Alley
5th -- Brett Bogart
6th -- Sean Siff
7th -- Michael Bucella
8th -- David Faita
9th -- Dick Patullo
10th--Linda Kogan
11th Courtney Hubbard
12 -- Phillip Gott
DNF -- Geoff Branscombe
DNF -- Brandon Bogart

ITS

1st -- Dave Maynard
2nd -- Glenn Lawton
3rd -- Ed Tisdale
4th -- Bill Weaver
5th -- Eric Snyder
6th -- Paul Omichinski
7th -- Jerry Rigoli
DNF -- Maurizio Cerasoli
DNF -- Robert Blake
DNF -- Jeff Harding
DNS -- Domenic Crugnale

ITB
1st -- Jim McMahon (3rd overall and 41 seconds ahead of 2nd ITB car)
2nd -- Paul Curran
3rd -- Anthony Ruddy
4th -- Matt Baldoni
5th -- Julie Melbin
6th -- Nat Wentworth
DNF -- Jason Benagh

ITC
1st -- Brian Megliola
DNF F--Fred White
(Incidently, the overall winner was Steven Gorroaram in SSM who started at the back of the pack -- something about he disqualified himself from the grid after qualifying -- I didn't get the whole story, not only was in first place within a few laps but he also lapped 1/2 the field-- one fast car in the rain)

ITE (I apologize but I didn't get this qualifying this am)

1st -- Peter Faill
2nd-- Andy Sanborn
3rd -- Thomas Sheehan
4th -- Ephraim Dobbins
DNS -- Jim Barrett
DNS -- Bob Tucker
(Gee, Tom Kelley ran his SPO VW Golf -- pretty car, but looked a bit hairy in turn 12 when he put the power down in the rain)

It rained pretty hard this afternoon at times....The funniest race of the day was the FV race.....3 cars.....we had trouble staying focused in timing on that race.....

67ITB
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
all I have to say is standing in the rain sucks
[/b]

But DRIVING in it is a blast!!!!!!!!

Matt Bal

JLawton
08-28-2006, 05:47 AM
WOW a 1:17 in an ITB car. That has to be close to the record!! What kind of car is it??

BobsAuto
08-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Jim's running an Opel Manta and I was told that he holds the ITB record at a 1:17.3 something so he didn't beat his own record this weekend. But still, that's damned fast!!!!! And to think his daughter is going to build a twin to it! With Dad's help of course. That could be a an unbeatable combination!!!!

But DRIVING in it is a blast!!!!!!!!

Matt Bal
[/b]

You looked good in the rain. You were quite smooth going by T & S.

Greg Amy
08-28-2006, 07:37 AM
DNF -- Brandon Bogart[/b]

I heard rumors there was more to this than a simple "Did Not Finish"...?"

Andy Bettencourt
08-28-2006, 07:42 AM
I heard rumors there was more to this than a simple "Did Not Finish"...?" [/b]

Yes. Brandon hit the wall in a wet Group 1. Most of the ITA drivers went out on slicks and the track got real wet by the green flag. Someone from BBR can comment on how he got into the wall if they choose...

RSTPerformance
08-28-2006, 09:32 AM
WOW a 1:17 in an ITB car. That has to be close to the record!! What kind of car is it??
[/b]

Jeff-

Jim was in a Opel GT, a small little coupe, I mean small!!! I wonder if a miata can even see it coming :035: I love the car, but as you niticed 1:17... I think everyone can agree that thier probably is not any other car that will likely go that fast here in the Northeast for a while, and we have what I like to think of as a lot of the best of the best in the country. NHIS inparticular has a very large list of VW's that reguarly compete and they might be able to chime in but can you guys touch that time? That is faster than any VW can go at NHIS IMO. I think the only other cars that have proven to be even close to it are the Volvos driven by Paul Curran and Scott Carlson... Oh thier was once this old guy name Rick Pocock wo had a very fast Alfa Spider as well, cool car, and my fathers long time "hero" B) . At any rate I think that "the rest of us" will be compeating for second for a while.

Jim's son and daughter are building a Opel Manta. NOT the same car and if built to the max I would guess they might get into the 1:20's or 1:19's wich is more on par with the class.

As for Jim's car it is a rare beast that has always been fast. With the rest of the ITB field all within 1-2 seconds of each other and him being 2 seconds faster than anyone else will certainly continue to raise eyebrows and suspisions (As with anyone that "blows away" the competition). I wonder how successful other Opel GT's have been and if Jim will take the ultimate challenge and go to the ARRC!!!

Raymond "Glad to see you back Jim, just slow down a bit :cavallo: " Blethen

PS: I was a bit busy to really get a chance to talk to Jim, but in passing he was hoping that the car would be in the 1:16's soon... YIKES!!!

almracing
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I have to say it was a blast running with the ITB/ITS group. I have always liked the rain, and Tom Kelly was kind enough to pony up the $$ for rain tires for the Progressive Motorsports Golf rental.

Matt and I battled for much of the race, first with me chasing him down... then with he chasing me down. It was quite a battle for the last few laps. I was doing everything I could to keep Matt behind me, as he tried to do everything he could to get by me. Despite the close racing, both cars came back in the same condition.

I started racing in the mid-90's running ITB, so it was nostalgic to race there again and get a trophy. (No, I did not get trophies back then) The only problem is that my 3-year old has already laid claim to the silver dish for her tea set! :wacko:

lateapex911
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Interesting.

The Manta shares the same wheelbase and brakes and transmissions as the Opel GT, and the 1900 sedan, but the GT gets a 9.0:1 compression ratio engine where the others have 7.6:1. Weight on the sedan and the GT are 2180, where the MAnta is higher at 2230.

So, it's 1.9L, 9 to 1 compression on a 96" wheelbase witha 4 speed and 2180 pounds. Anyone know what this 1.9 puts out in race trim?

dazzlesa
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
at lrp jim and i ran close together in qualifying. i did not see any magic horse power down the straights unless he freshen'd the motor since then.

RSTPerformance
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
at lrp jim and i ran close together in qualifying. i did not see any magic horse power down the straights unless he freshen'd the motor since then.
[/b]

Rick-

The car has been tuned up from what I understand... I think he was in the Mid 20's at the last NHIS event :(

Raymond

WillM
08-28-2006, 02:57 PM
This was a great event with a good mix of cars. Too bad there weren't more. Also too bad our engine grenaded at the 4:10 mark or so. By my our count, our ITA car was 1st in class and 1st overall up until that point!

This was our first enduro ever, but hopefully not our last! Either way, congratulations to the winners and to all who participated and kept the racing fun & clean. :023: :D

Cheers,

Will
#10 ITA Miata
Andrade/Martins/Daniels

lateapex911
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
[/b]

Hey...I'm not suggesting "magic" HP, I'm just trying to get a handle on the specs....kinda my job, LOL.

Tkczecheredflag
08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I am curious about Masters, Daniel and Alley. What were they driving? I believe Masters has a CRX but what about the rest of the players? If they took it to Richy they have to have something worth mentioning. I would also like to hear more about Brandon - Hope all is well. Also - does this 3rd place finish put Richy in the NERRC points lead?? It should be close, no?

RSTPerformance
08-28-2006, 07:01 PM
wow I did not notice till now that Masters won... is that his first win???

If so that is awsome, I remember the old capri!!!

Raymond

BobsAuto
08-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Raymond, I believe you are right about that being Master's first win.....but I also heard that he was called to see the Stewards in the Tech shed after the final resuts were posted. Do you know what that was about? I heard it from T & S when I was there so I know the finals were posted. Also, we were not told to hold the ITB/S results. Kathy is the one who called him to Tech. Just curious. Could have been something to do with RAL contributions also....just wondering.

Jim DID say he "freshened" up things. I guess to heck. Like fine tuning his skis....he knows how to put the edge on.....and with his crazy "no fear" approach to racing.....yikes.....

Andy Bettencourt
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Not to simplify their accomplishment but the winner in ITA was a SM. Daniels runs a SM as well. It was a VERY wet race and the top ITA cars were on slicks. An anomoly as far as results. Brandon got punted on lap 2 so it's hard to analize the results...

RSTPerformance
08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Raymond, I believe you are right about that being Master's first win.....but I also heard that he was called to see the Stewards in the Tech shed after the final resuts were posted. Do you know what that was about? I heard it from T & S when I was there so I know the finals were posted. Also, we were not told to hold the ITB/S results. Kathy is the one who called him to Tech. Just curious. Could have been something to do with RAL contributions also....just wondering.
[/b]

I was not at the track for about 2 hours during the day as I had obligations away from the track, so no I know absolutely nothing at all, first I herd of anything. however just to let you and everyone else know if I had known about something it is out of line to ask me or any official about it :018: . Something called confidentiality (yeah It may be spelt wrong :rolleyes: ).

Raymond

BobsAuto
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Gotcha......understand completely.....actually didn't realize that after all these years. Learn something new everyday. Who says you can't teach an old horse to lie down? :dead_horse: (had to modify that cliche)

lateapex911
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Not to simplify their accomplishment but the winner in ITA was a SM. Daniels runs a SM as well. It was a VERY wet race and the top ITA cars were on slicks. An anomoly as far as results. Brandon got punted on lap 2 so it's hard to analize the results...
[/b]

Punted??? Second reference to that....

And Richy is getting better in the rain...at least he will now go out in it...but the Tegs DO have a less forgiving wet setup under them than the Miatas, I'd bet.

almracing
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
About the ITA race; Hunter was like much of the ITA field... caught in the rain with slicks. Kudos to the guys who drove around the entire race on slicks.

As for Paul Masters, it was far from his first win. He drives an old Firehawk series CRX and was probably on rain tires (I am not sure). He was quite dominant in the late 90&#39;s when he made alot more races. I know that he won the NERRC one year. I remember because and he and I battled quite a bit (I got stuck with 2nd place in the NERRC). <_< (I am being nostalgic again....) I am sure he was quite excited to be back up front.

BobsAuto
08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
You got me there.....I thought Paul had taken the hiatus when I wasn&#39;t around. I thought his brother John was racing the car in the late 90&#39;s. You got me on that one. I know he mentioned he had never won in IT trim when he was racing with the Elder Ray. Maybe that&#39;s where I got that idea. He was talking to me Sunday about the old Firehawk days when he wouldn&#39;t take chances if he didn&#39;t have the money to back those chances. He&#39;s too funny when he talks about those days. We had a great time being nostalgic on Sunday.

mdaniels
08-28-2006, 11:42 PM
About the ITA race; Hunter was like much of the ITA field... caught in the rain with slicks. Kudos to the guys who drove around the entire race on slicks.
[/b]

Fun race...my first in ITA. I was driving an SSM-spec Miata on shaved Toyo RA-1s...it sure was slick out there.

Matt Daniels

dickita15
08-29-2006, 05:51 AM
Daniels took the victory lap but I was told Masters in the green crx actually won. he quailfied at the back but may have been the only ITA car to get rains and start from pit lane. He was almost penalized for hitting a car he was laping but which would have lost him the win, but in the end there was no penalty.

Andy Bettencourt
08-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Fun race...my first in ITA. I was driving an SSM-spec Miata on shaved Toyo RA-1s...it sure was slick out there.

Matt Daniels

[/b]

On shaved Toyos - that could be the drive of the race! Nice Job Matt!

hunter164
08-29-2006, 07:28 AM
It was a Sunday of mixed emotion for BBR. Sean and Brett both ran very well (finished 5th and 4th respectively), but we had to say good bye to the #16 chassis after 5 years, just as it was coming into form. Brandon, while leading on lap 2, took a bump from behind going into the oval which sent him up into the wall. After bouncing off the wall, he was again hit, and the other side hit the wall as well. He ended up facing the wrong way at the top of the oval. No injuries which is good, but all 4 corners we taken out in the wreck and the chassis is done. It was an unfortunate occurance, but no real hard feelings at this point regarding the incident. In the usual BBR fashion, we still have every intention of making it to the run offs with the second coming of the #16. Plans for the new build are already under way and we are in search of a chassis as we speak. 50 days or bust. Watch the BB Racing website, www.bbracingusa.com, for a chronical of the build. Anyone have a 240sx chassis lying around????

Greg

mdaniels
08-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Daniels took the victory lap but I was told Masters in the green crx actually won. he quailfied at the back but may have been the only ITA car to get rains and start from pit lane.
[/b]

True enough - I didn&#39;t see any other cars ahead of me in impound when I rolled up into hot pits after the checker flew, so I (incredulously) took the victory lap. I was wondering if he had run rains or not, after I saw the posted provisional result. Like I said, I didn&#39;t see him in impound, and he didn&#39;t get weighed. But enough about that! ;)

It was fun racing with you guys - sorry to hear about the BB Racing misfortune.

Matt

Andy Bettencourt
08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
As usual, NER T&S is on the ball!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=161039

mdaniels
08-29-2006, 09:05 AM
On shaved Toyos - that could be the drive of the race! Nice Job Matt!
[/b]

Hey, thanks, Andy! Where were you guys? I must say, I wasn&#39;t exactly broken hearted to not see that pretty Montego car on the grid!!! ;)

Matt

Andy Bettencourt
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey, thanks, Andy! Where were you guys? I must say, I wasn&#39;t exactly broken hearted to not see that pretty Montego car on the grid!!! ;)

Matt
[/b]

These factors conspired to keep us away:

1. 6 hour enduro is too much for us

2. NERRC only race Sunday

3. Nick off to SLC for the GAC race at Miller

4. My wife&#39;s birthday dinner (because I was at LRP for her REAL b-day)

5. Only 1 week after LRP and 2 weeks before Cheap Date (read: budget)

I did come up with my two boys to see the ITA race and give Kristina some time to herself so I saw you stealing the checkered!

tdw6974
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
As usual, NER T&S is on the ball!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=161039
[/b]
To bad all regions don&#39;t fully use the system! we as racers are required to buy and maintain the transponder so turn about is fair play. Enjoyed our outing this weekend 1st time at the track with the 2nd gen. so a learning curve applied when out in qualify had a noise in front end so started to check out and the steel brake line snapped by caliper well its Sunday. check with 3 or 4 teams but no luck so I headed off to Concord and located VIP auto parts. A little advice DO NOT take a Sunday Service manager&#39;s job at VIP not enough help customers mad not fun. I wasn&#39;t sure how I would get the line I was about ready to jump the counter (ok/ok climb over the counter) when a young chap came out of the shadows and secured the proper line and back to the track I went. Line installed and off to the wet race (Hmmm it rained the last time we made the trek). Grid workers warned us the the track had been thoroughly oil by a car in group 6. The trail came directly in to impound I pointed it out to one of the tech people not sure if they had time to track down car not that it would make any difference at that point. We ended up 4th in ITS which we where pleased with. Now some other observations ;) How come fuel is so cheapin New England??? every time I went by the Shell Station the price of Diesel dropped ended up Filling up at 2.92 per gal, Mass pike was 3.03 still alot better than 3.14-3.18 per. Also when We left Monday we Noticed apparently CAR POOL is not used :018: I swear the only vehicles with more than 1 person were the Long haul Trucks with team drivers ;) It was interesting going with the traffic flow at 75 MPh pulling the trailer the old Turbo was just a whistling :OLA: 8hrs 20 minutes 1002.7 miles total for the trip. Registration was quick got our photo license done and only had 3 people pick on me about my PA accent :rolleyes: . We did our part for RAL with team donation and I loaded up on the Raffle tickets to avail :wacko: . We had fun and I really think that&#39;s what its about! :eclipsee_steering:

bg43wex
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
It was a Sunday of mixed emotion for BBR. Sean and Brett both ran very well (finished 5th and 4th respectively), but we had to say good bye to the #16 chassis after 5 years, just as it was coming into form. Brandon, while leading on lap 2, took a bump from behind going into the oval which sent him up into the wall. After bouncing off the wall, he was again hit, and the other side hit the wall as well. He ended up facing the wrong way at the top of the oval. No injuries which is good, but all 4 corners we taken out in the wreck and the chassis is done. It was an unfortunate occurance, but no real hard feelings at this point regarding the incident. In the usual BBR fashion, we still have every intention of making it to the run offs with the second coming of the #16. Plans for the new build are already under way and we are in search of a chassis as we speak. 50 days or bust. Watch the BB Racing website, www.bbracingusa.com, for a chronical of the build. Anyone have a 240sx chassis lying around????

Greg
[/b]
check with Mark Goodale at Millis used auto, I saw a 240 chassis out back a month ago.

brian

hunter164
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks for the lead. Do you know the phone number or where they are located?

FastM3
08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
1-800-287-4110 Mark Goodale

Mark is a good guy and will help find a chassis

Phil
88 ITA/SSM

lateapex911
08-30-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey Tom Weaver! Glad you made the trek, sorry about the weather, but hey...it DID come in from NY state first!!! No complaints unless it blows in off the water!

Congrats on a good finish in tough weather!

BobsAuto
08-30-2006, 07:41 AM
I volunteered in T & S for the first time in many years and for the first time got to see how the transponder system worked. It is amazing how quickly the results can be verified and how well it works. And if someone&#39;s transponder craps out there is a backup system involving a human with the computer so they don&#39;t miss a beat. All the cars are tracked by 3 or 4 or more "tapers" and a lap sheet person. These tapes and the lap sheet are then verified by the chief against the computer and 9.5 times our of 10 are right on the money and thus, everything is saved, backed up and ready to send in to the appropriate people before they even leave the track. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

As for those of you who EVER need parts in Concord....VIP is the worst in town. Advance Auto is #1, located on Loudon Rd. near the lights at Pizza Hut (just east of PH) and AutoZone is in the same plaza as Uno&#39;s Pizza at Exit 14 off Rt. 93. I deal with the folks at Advance all the time and they are really the best and most fun to deal with. Most are ex-AutoZone employees and are pretty knowledgeable. If you luck out and can Amanda to wait on you, tell her you know Raymond and Stephen and their Mom and she&#39;ll take extra good care of you. (We&#39;ve known her since the kids were 5).

See you all at Cheap Date.

7racing
08-30-2006, 10:41 AM

Greg
[/b]

Congrats to Brett and Sean! They had a clean race and I think Sean could&#39;ve passed Brett.

I sent Brandon the location of a couple of chassis&#39; I have found laying around. I do not know that status of any of them - I&#39;ll leave that to Brandon to determine. Luckily I still have mine as I need most of the front clip to fix my car from it&#39;s meeting with the turn 1 wall during the test day.

Jeremy

hunter164
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Jeremy. Ill share the congrats with everyone tonight while we see what&#39;s salvagable from the old #16. Things are looking good so far for meeting our goal of being at the ruoffs with the second coming of the #16! Good luck and let us know if you need any help getting yours back in order.

Greg

MMiskoe
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
As for those of you who EVER need parts in Concord....VIP is the worst in town. Advance Auto is #1[/b]

No Trish, Sanel is #1. However they are only open until noon on Saturday. 225-4100. The only parts they don&#39;t have either on hand or in their warehouse (also in Concord) are items that are "dealer only". I&#39;ll admit they aren&#39;t the cheapest, but they do carry everything and the counter guys are career parts guys.

Sorry I just couldn&#39;t let it go.

Matt

BobsAuto
08-30-2006, 11:16 AM
The reason I said Advance is #1 is that they ARE open all weekend and Sat. til 9 pm. and I believe it&#39;s 8pm on Sunday. Let&#39;s put it this way.....midway through Sunday you can make a parts run to them and usually get what you need. It makes it so convenient for race weekends. And I do not believe Sanel&#39;s warehouse is open on Sat. Last time I tried to get something that wasn&#39;t in the store on a Sat. I had to wait til Monday. I agree, they are VERY good, but I have found that Advance is less expensive and has pretty much the same expertise if you talk with Jim and Mike or Amanda.

RSTPerformance
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
not sure why I am going down this road... but for weekend service:

1) Robins is my personal favorite when it comes to "Autoparts" store type stuff. Unfortunatly they know our Audi&#39;s very well and don&#39;t warentee everything :dead_horse: At anyrate they understand race cars and that things are not just what they say on the computer screen, and can be creative.

2) Sanel I never think to try... not sure why, just had good luck at Robins.

3) Then on a lower level comes the rest... First my choice is Advanced Auto Parts next to UNO&#39;s and LL Bean (Need to support Ray Lee, I think he runs one in CT?)

4) Then Advanced Auto - new store, and has a decent inventory of basic items.

5) I am not a big fan of VIP in Concord, but it sometimes has what I am looking for.

Raymond

16v
08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
photos from the Enduro and races are up

www.the16v.com/SCCA/

:024: