PDA

View Full Version : "Revised" ARRC Schedule

Butch Kummer
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Based on concerns expressed here and elsewhere, the ARRC Committee has revised the "unofficial schedule" that we will submit to Topeka with the sanction request. It is unofficial until the sanction is issued, but this time I'm REALLY confident it will not change. If you liked the schedule in 2005, you'll like this one. If you didn't like that schedule, then go ahead and flame away (but it won't do you any good). I do find it ironic that racers who complain that [fill in the blank here] does not change rapidly enough were up in arms over a change. Be that as it may, the following groupings should be posted on the ARRC website soon:

Group 1 - ASM, SSM
Group 2 - ITB, ITC
Group 3 - "Wings & Things" (FS, FSC, SRS, ASR, CFC, CF, CS2)
Group 4 - ITA, IT7
Group 5 - ITS
Group 6 - Big Bore (SPO, GTA, ITO, TCC, LMSC)
Group 7 - Pro-IT (races on Friday)
Group 8 - Small Bore (SPU, ITT, ITU, SRX, GTP)

Sunday's schedule stays the same, and although the Enduro is "only" two hours we will require two pit stops (so the three driver cars will still have that opportunity). We're also thinking about making those stops four minutes rather than five, but I need to investigate those ramifications further before making that decision final (it'll be covered in the Supps).

ITS better show up in force because this is likely your last chance in the spotlight. Not only has Chet gone on to other ventures, but in 2007 ITR (if it's approved as expected) will be added to your group. ITR can run this year as part of ITO, by the way, they just might be outclassed by "real" ITO cars (known in other parts of the country as ITE) that might show up.

Entry fees for the ARRC sprint races, Pro-IT, Miata Madness and Pro Shootout will be $250 while the Enduro will be a flat fee of $350 regardless of how many drivers share the ride (a change from our past practices). Before you go off on a tangent about that structure, figure out $ per minute of track time that is offered. Figuring an average lap time of 1:40 (yes the fast cars get cheated while ITB & ITC make out like bandits, but WTF) that figures out to the following rates:

ARRC - $3.00 per minute
Pro races - $4.69 per minute (but over half the entry is paid back in prize money)
Enduro - $2.19 per minute

(I'll wait while you do the math, but don't question me on numbers.)

To answer other questions, the "prior commitment" was one we made to Erik Skirmants about giving the Enterprises cars their own race back when we thought SM would not be allowed. Erik has graciously agreed to re-join the "Wings & Things" as long as his guys get a split start - no problem on our part but I needed to check with him before reneging on that particular promise.

Enforcing the "No Runoffs" rule in ASM is easy. If you were listed as the driver (and yes, we do have license numbers to verify it) of a Spec Miata at HPT in October, you can't drive ANY ASM car during the ARRC Sprint race on Saturday (whether is the same car you ran at the Runoffs or not). You can run in SSM, ITA or ITU, but you can't win a championship in ASM.

And to those grumbling about the Miata Madness race, like it or not we're running a business here. Yes an ASM can run four races that weekend while other IT cars are only allowed to run three. I'd probably have more sympathy for that complaint if I could run even TWO races in my GTA car.

I'll now entertain questions from the floor...

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region Competition Director
Defacto ARRC Committee Chairman

zracre
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
:OLA: :happy204: thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

lateapex911
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Looks like you've hit most of the nails on the head. Thanks for listening. Credit goes to you!

R2 Racing
08-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot, Butch!

I also really like how the enduro is a flat rate now, regardless of how many drivers you have. I can't say I really have a preference on 1 vs. 2 stops and 4 vs. 5 minute stops.

Catch22
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Butch is a good person to know. We need more like him running the show(s).

But Skirmants gets credit here too. He was promised something and was then OK with that being taken away. He could have very easily said "Nope, you promised the group and we want it." In that case Butch, all 8 feet and 450lbs of him, couldn't have done a thing to change anything.

Things can go really well when everyone is reasonable and plays well together.

PS - I guess Butch finally got tired of hearing me bitch about the extra driver fee thingy every time I saw him. I owe him a beer (or 6) now. :birra:

Greg Amy
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll reiterate my prior comment: "Wow! Thanks for listening!"

No complaints with the new schedule. I hope the majority of the others are either satisfied or at least not unhappy.

Greg

RSTPerformance
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Very Impressed!!! Thank you thank you thank you as everyone else said!!! :happy204:

I also like the fact that you have gone to the flat fee for the enduro, thank you.

Now lady's and Gents, This is the reason that this race is the BEST of the year and can't be duplicated. The organizers always do a great job and give us what we want!!!

Raymond "If my smile bowed to you, it would :P " Blethen

chumpy36
08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Well done, Butch and others...

Jason

IPRESS
08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Great work Atlanta Region! Butch and his group are the best.
Count me in for my paddock A$$ Chewing I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Joe Moser
08-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks Butch! :happy204:

We'll be there!

seckerich
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I was on the fence after not running RA for the last 5 years. With work like this to help the IT drivers I will be there. Thanks for all the work you put into SCCA so we can all have fun.

charrbq
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Simply...thanks for listening and thanks for caring. If only other areas of the the club were so concerned. :happy204:

zracre
08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
If I recall last year we almost lost the test day before the ARRC and you guys got it back for us!! you guys rule!!!

wbp
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Butch, please be sure the Supps allow split starts. I think you have this as a standard now, but if it is omitted it makes it harder for the Chief Steward to approve the split start.
Good work Butch. See you at Nashville Superspeedway.