PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial MiDiv IT Tour results!

PeteK
08-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Since the last one at Heartland Park is cancelled, the race at Gateway last weekend wrapped up the season in IT Tour (I can't believe it's over already). B)

Looking at the way the race on Sunday ended, I think this is the way it will pan out:

1st - Tom Scheifler - 33pts
2nd - Ed (Charles?) Mabry - 32pts
3rd - Pete Knese - 29pts
4th - Steven Bachenberg - 21pts

Does this look right to you guys?

Turkflyer
08-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Yep, that looks like what I calculated. I was hoping to keep Tom at bay....all I had to do was get two points. Blown engines do that to you! Bummer! Losing it by one point :bash_1_:

tnord
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
hey ed....

i'm not sure the extent of the damage to the motor, but i may be interested in buying the remains depending on what you're going to do with it.

if you're coming up for the enduro in sept i could pick it up from you then.

Turkflyer
08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Let me see what's left....usually this type failure starts with a spun rod bearing, throws the cap off, then the rod exits the block. Not sure what the head or anything else looks like (with a stray piston bouncing around).

Funny thing about the IT points race...I don't think Tom S. was even chasing points...and may not even know what he won. I think he's a Midwest Council driver.

PeteK
08-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Funny thing about the IT points race...I don't think Tom S. was even chasing points...and may not even know what he won. I think he's a Midwest Council driver.
[/b]

Heh. My thoughts exactly. With only two races in IT tour this year, I didn't think he was really going for it either.

Pretty pathetic on my part to go to twice as many races and still finish behind him. :( I keep thinking... If I had just gone to one more race, I could have had it. Oh well, there's always next year. :023: