PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with I.T.

Racefreak24
08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Yep I know this has nothing to do with Improved touring but have to vent....so to all who read this bear with me. Am I the only one who has noticed that speed channel is moving further away from OTHER forms or racing and more into the realm of TV shows? This crap is killing me!! No V8 supercars, no German DTM, no World rally but we have plenty of movies and dumb shows like PINKS (that shows not set up) and chop cut and overcook....OKim done :blink:

AntonioGG
08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Yes, I'm with you...I remember the good ol' days of Speedvision. DTM, Australian Supercars, BTCC, Euro Touring cars, FIA sports car racing, Dakar Rally, 24hrs of WRC on Christmas, 24hrs of Runoffs on Thanksgiving...and that was during the US off-season...remember when Tuesday was really Two-wheel-Tuesday?

Now off-season has re-runs of NASCAR races...re-runs of talk shows about NASCAR races, re-runs of reality shows about NASCAR people.

OK I feel better...I think. :dead_horse:

BobsAuto
08-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow, agreeing with you both. The closest thing I've seen to fun racing lately was NH Chronicles 15 minute stint on Tim O'Neil's Rally School in the White Mountains. I did manage to watch the Memorial Day races from LRP on Speedvision that weekend but have seen nothing since worth while watching.
Just sign me "Frustrated" in NH

Knestis
08-14-2006, 07:03 AM
It's the reality of television programming. Oddly, network managers want to make money (what??) so they go for programming that gives a good revenue/cost ratio - programs that are cheap to buy (to produce) and that advertisers are willing to support with those commercial thingies that we TIVO past. That last dynamic has shifted programming even more, enticing commercial interests to commit to the programming ITSELF. How about those big Q's on the Pinks shirts? The product placement in the rebuild/pimp shows?

Really not much differently, we got NA rally coverage while Subaru was willing to buy the air time so we would watch their cars race. Rolex and Porsche ads support the 24 at Datyona. That's how it works.

Why would we think that we deserve free programming to suit the tastes of a narrow little constituency?

K

PeteK
08-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Yeah, you're absolutely right! That's the main reason I have a DVR... to record the good programs that they only seem to run at 3am. :mad1:

I've heard that the Outdoor Life channel is starting up a new racing channel that will debut online at first. Hopefully they can give the NASCAR channel, I mean Speed a run for their money.

AntonioGG
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
K,

I know....that's why I put the dead horsie picture in my post.

My frustration is with the audience...somewhere there must be some data that supports airing and re-airing the post-race analysis several times during the week?

zracre
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
My frustration is with the audience...somewhere there must be some data that supports airing and re-airing the post-race analysis several times during the week?
[/b]

I wonder the same...then you see the ratings on all the lousy reality shows...it crosses over to speed...and look at the typical nascar fan...theyll watch anything as long as there is beer around...just like WWF

Z3_GoCar
08-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah, you're absolutely right! That's the main reason I have a DVR... to record the good programs that they only seem to run at 3am. :mad1:

I've heard that the Outdoor Life channel is starting up a new racing channel that will debut online at first. Hopefully they can give the NASCAR channel, I mean Speed a run for their money.
[/b]

Wow, a non-NASCAR fan in Saint-Louis. I guess I'll have to call the Wallace boys on you. Rusty 'l come and hold you down while Kenny tells bad jokes untill you say "Uncle" :P Meanwhile, Carl Edwards will do back flips :lol:

And I supose you hate Monster Truck and Tractor pulls too :D

I watched (and slept through some of) the rubbin/racin at the Glen. I didn't like how Boris got shoved off the Bus Stop, and no one said a thing. I guess it come with the territory of being a road racing ringer in a roundy-round world. After all man's got to pay hid dues. Too bad that they don't have good shows on anymore, I like that one Victory By Design. Instead we get that weak PINKS/Barrette Jakson/DUB crapola. OOH, let's see if we can't put 27" with neon spinners, forget that how about 36" rims with sidewalls the size of an o-ring. Big Fat Chrome rims look CHEAP even if they cost more than a years worth of racing rubber each.

reeceracing
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
yep,
speed suck .......... what about 15 donkeys in a mud ring,with
junk yard cars, yes boy we call that racing.
Iam sick. :bash_1_: