PDA

View Full Version : Official Daytona ECR Results Finally Posted

gprodracer
08-11-2006, 05:42 PM
After a long and tedious process, the final results are posted on sedivracing.org. The 2 DQ's in group 1 have been revoked, and Carol should have that fixed this weekend, but all the other positions have been straightened out. To those who are running the full series this year, if you see Carol Cone, thank her for tireless efforts to ensure that the enduros are scored correctly.
I only know that the revised results change the ITC finishing order, I have no idea about any of the other classes, or if any other positions changed.
Now, if they guy who was given the 2nd place trophy would return it, I would love to see my co-driver (the entrant) have it, as she drove from DFL (they lost our qualifying time also) to a well deserved 2nd place. All I had to do was maintain position for my stint.
Now... on to Sebring for the Labor day race!!

Mark Larson
Fast Family Racing
#83 GP

HONDA69
08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
If I had a second place trophy for Daytona, I'd gladly return it, but as results were not available for finishing positions at impound, I didn't get one to send to you. My congratulations on your finish :happy204:

gprodracer
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Wasn't trying to call anyone out, but I beg to differ, as I personally watched them hand out all trophies for all the classes in impound, (the top 4 were on a handwritten piece of paper that was radioed to tech) and our car # wasn't listed in the top 4, so that is how we knew we needed to protest. The CFR Trophy guy (Tucker Alford I believe) can back me up on this. So someone has it.....I've got a bunch of them, I wanted it for my entrant, as she earned it, not me, and it was her first ECR podium.
Thanks for your congrats, but she passed everyone, so, as I said, I just maintained during my stint, and all credit should go to her. My post wasn't written to offend, just wanted to get the trophy to its rightful owner, and to let the people who were running the series for year end cash that the points may have changed.
Of course, I may be totally senile, and if proven wrong, will retract and apologize for any wrong statements I have made. B)
Best of luck,
Mark P. Larson

HONDA69
08-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Mark:
Will check w/co-driver, he took car to impound, while I tore down pits. I will send if I can locate. Send me a shipping address [email protected]

HONDA69
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Mark:
Send Address, co-driver will send trophy! He Had it!

Despr8dave
08-18-2006, 05:50 PM
If I had one of your trophies, I'd keep it and send you a picture of it because you ALWAYS beat me when we raced together. My only way of getting you back!
By the by, congrats. Say hi to your dad too.

David

gprodracer
08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
David,

If you remember, you kicked my a** at the Moroso school, and I've never gotten over it!
You scarred me for life, how do you live with yourself? :lol:
Feel better now, knowing that you emotionally damaged me early on in my career?
I didn't even have to read who sent that post, I KNEW it was you...
BTW, are you going to be @ any races somewhere in the near future? Pop and I would love to B.S. a while, and :birra:
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Mark
P.S. All is well now, as John is a stand up guy! :happy204:

charrbq
08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I was running second when my CV joint died. Could you send me a picture so I can know what my almost trophy looked like? :P

gprodracer
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
You guys are killing me!! :lol:

HONDA69
08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
egads, didn't realize I was going to cause so much gear noise (whine, whine, whine) over this one :lol:

HONDA69
08-30-2006, 08:40 PM
the 2d Place Trophy is now enroute to it's rightful owner. for photo's etc, contact gprod racer :023:

gprodracer
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Trophy arrived today, owner extremely happy, all requests for photos will be honored ($10.00 shipping and handling charges apply!!!!!) upon reciept of cashiers check only.
John, thank your co-driver again for me! :happy204:
We tried to get a points waiver for the ECR, so we didn't screw w/ anyones battle, but no one had them.
I looked, and you are stomping everyone else, so I'm glad it won't have any effect ( I lost 1st place one year by 2 points...cost me about $700 in prize money) :bash_1_:

Bye Bye Ernesto!! Hello Sebring for dry sunny conditions this weekend!! :cavallo:

Good luck to all.ark

HONDA69
09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Mark:
Good Luck for the weekend :eclipsee_steering:
Sad to say, I'll not be there for the ECR :( spending the weekend w/engine builder and repainting house
Glad to hear trophy was appreciated.