PDA

View Full Version : OVR Autumn Classic

RacerBill
08-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Who's in?

I'm planning on it.

Schedule calls for running the kink on Saturday, and the Pro straight on Sunday.

downingracing
08-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Co-Race chair checking in! I'll have the Civic (ITA) there and my Brother will have the Fiat (FP). Should be a GREAT weekend! Looking forward to the 'pro' course!

R2 Racing
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
We should have Brian in the ITS car, me in the ITA car, and my Dad in a ITC car. The other ITC car might make an appearance again too; I need to look at the groupings and schedule.

RacerBill
08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Cool! I am so pumped! Found all the vacume lines and various tubes to the intake manifold. When I got them all connected, and started her up, it idled at 2500 RPM. Backed off the idle to 1000, runs much smoother. Can't wait to get back to MO!

dropkick317
08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I'll be there. I just have to fix some minor problems. Good thing I have a month to do so.

trd771
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I do not think I will be attending. Upset to hear they will be running the pro course. May have to rethink the event. I will be running IRP rrrrrr ORP later that month. People should think about that event in Indy the end of Sept

iagreen
08-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm tentatively planning to make this event. But I'm still working on the whole "car" part of the equation.

R2 Racing
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm tentatively planning to make this event. But I'm still working on the whole "car" part of the equation.
[/b]
If you don't find a shell real quick, that'll be a little tough. But I'm sure you could race the sweet '85 if you wanted to! I was thinking about doing a ITA & ITC double at this event but Matt went and put the classes in back to back run groups so that's not gonna happen. Real good, Matt! Oh well, maybe at the WOR Games.

Racerlinn
08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I will be running IRP rrrrrr ORP later that month. People should think about that event in Indy the end of Sept
[/b]
Hmm, not to highjack a thread or anything, but a little bird told me that the supps will be mailed for the ORP (pronounced "oooohrrrrpppa"?) will be in the mail in just another week or two... :D
ITC in Group 1 and ITA in Group 3 for those Honduh folks that might care.... :happy204:

x1/9racer
08-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Sounds like it will bee a great event, as it always is w/ Matt & Phil as race chairs. Unfortunately, I can't make this one, as our second child is due late August, and the wife said no F'n way!! :018:

R2 Racing
08-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Got registered yesterday for ITA. My Dad signed up for ITC in the '85 Civic. He wants to see how fast/slow that thing actually is right now.

downingracing
08-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Yea Kevin, with Shawn not being there, I needed all the advantage I could get so your dad can't give you the start! :P Yea - like I'll see you at all! I didn't even think about you doing a 'double'... Let me know next time if you want to do something like that and we can work it out.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I might just need another shot @ IRP... I owe you a :018:

R2 Racing
08-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Yea Kevin, with Shawn not being there, I needed all the advantage I could get so your dad can't give you the start! :P
[/b]
The funny thing is, I can actually see you thinking about that while you and Phil put together the schedule. :D

I'm thinking about IRP again also. That ITA record there is weak and I think I can take it down. Also Brian wants to bring the ITS Prelude out there too.

downingracing
08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I wish I had a gun that could give you a run - then that might have actually been a consideration!! :P I can't wait to get back on the track and see what I can get my times down to. Should be a GREAT weekend (as usual)!!!

trd771
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Kevin, do tell Brian to come in the Prelude for ITS. We need more people to come. I had a blast racing with him at Mid-Ohio in July.

R2 Racing
08-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Kevin, do tell Brian to come in the Prelude for ITS. We need more people to come. I had a blast racing with him at Mid-Ohio in July.
[/b]
Don't worry, he'll be there. I think we're also going to be at IRP too.

John McFarland
08-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll be there in the GP Roc!

Matt, thanks for making it so I can watch you and Mark and you can watch how your old Roc can really fly!!!

Beer and campfire again?

downingracing
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
John,

Of Course we will be doing a Fire and Beer again - Probably friday and Saturday! (What would a race weekend be without it!!!!) Looking forward to the weekend! And this is an invite to everyone on the board to stop by and "bench race" around the fire! I'll be up on the hill with the DowningRacing.com Enclosed trailer - probably on the main road. (unless it rains - then i'll probably be in a garage! :P )

See you all there!

Matt

R2 Racing
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm usually at the downing paddock fire as well. Maybe I'll even sign some autographs too. :P

Hmmm, maybe we will have the ITC CX there afterall with a guest driver.

dropkick317
08-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Sign me up for the Downing paddock fire too. Maybe I'll bring my own beer that way I know I won't be getting served Corona w/ 3 shots of Jack in it :P . It's to bad Great Lakes Brewing doesn't release their Christmas Ale until the end of Oct. That stuff would really make the paddock fire interesting ( this stuff is like 8+% alcohol). Maybe I will bring a case to the ARRC. That will be my secret weapon.

downingracing
08-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Lets get those entries in people!!!!!!! It is looking like it is going to be a GREAT weekend of racing! The social part should be just as much fun! :birra: The campfire will be there on Friday and Saturday night. Looking forward to spending another fun weekend of racing at the track! I'll be by myself, so you guys will need to keep me in check :cavallo:

downingracing
08-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Club AND Pro Course!!! Get those entries in!

dj10
08-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Sounds like it will bee a great event, as it always is w/ Matt & Phil as race chairs. Unfortunately, I can't make this one, as our second child is due late August, and the wife said no F'n way!! :018: [/b]

What does that have to do with the race??? The damn race isn't until Sept. 9th!!!!! The way I see it, as long as the baby is born before MO you should be good to go. LOL I get a kick out of these whipped guys. ;)

R2 Racing
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
<--- single, kid free, and racing the next four weekends. :happy204:

My Dad and I are already in. I believe Brian still has to sign up for ITS and it looks like Ian might be driving our ITC CX.

downingracing
08-25-2006, 06:42 AM
What does that have to do with the race??? The damn race isn&#39;t until Sept. 9th!!!!! The way I see it, as long as the baby is born before MO you should be good to go. LOL I get a kick out of these whipped guys. ;)
[/b]

Shawn is a &#39;maybe&#39; at this point... He is working on making it happen. The car is &#39;ready&#39; and waiting! And It isn&#39;t a case of &#39;whipped&#39;, its more like negotiation. Those of us who aren&#39;t single and kid free (Kevin!), there is a fine balance between spending tons of $$ racing and a happy home. It only gets harder the older the kids get. I thought they were expensive when they were little - WOW was I wrong!

And on a side note - They had the Baby (Boy) on Wed.. Hoping to be home by the weekend.

And Kevin, Congrats on getting the GLDiv points lead back. It was nice to have for a short time - you should miss more races! :cavallo:

Racerlinn
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
and it looks like Ian might be driving our ITC CX.
[/b]

Uh oh.......
:D

RacerBill
08-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Matt: How do the entries look? I sent mine in on the 12th in order to get into the drawing for one of the garages.

R2 Racing
08-25-2006, 11:28 AM
And Kevin, Congrats on getting the GLDiv points lead back. It was nice to have for a short time - you should miss more races! :cavallo:
[/b]
Ohh, did I get that back again? I hadn&#39;t noticed. B) I won&#39;t be at the Nelson Ledges event in September, so you can do that one.

dropkick317
08-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Ohh, did I get that back again? I hadn&#39;t noticed. B) I won&#39;t be at the Nelson Ledges event in September, so you can do that one.
[/b]
I&#39;ll be at Nelson. If no one else shows up I&#39;ll be lookin pretty good in the points. :P

Matt I sent my entry in the other day, so I&#39;m good to go.

downingracing
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Kevin, I&#39;m already planning to do the Nelson event (sonce you wouldn&#39;t be there)! I was kicking around the idea of doing the IRP (or ORP or whatever it is now), but then I saw who was going... I&#39;ll sit that one out. :P

Scott, I think you&#39;ve got me covered at Nelson.. Should be FUN! I haven&#39;t been there since drivers school in 99!

Bill, Entries look good! (not as good as last year, but we expected that!).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Now if i can just find time to get the car ready. (read: get the junk off it and wash the windshield!)

Racerlinn
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I was kicking around the idea of doing the IRP (or ORP or whatever it is now), but then I saw who was going... I&#39;ll sit that one out. :P
[/b]

:018:

prodogdriver
08-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I just got a deal on an SM rental. Any idea how many Spec Miata&#39;s will be there? I will be a mid-packer and I hope to stay out trouble. Really looking forward to the new pavement & pro course. :eclipsee_steering:

RacerBill
08-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Matt: Another question - is Timing & Scoring going to have iCard up and running? If yes, I am considering purchasing the receiver.

Thanks.

downingracing
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Bill - Maybe. We are working on that. Lightning is not our friend!

iagreen
09-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Uh oh.......
:D
[/b]

Nice vote of confidence. You can always count on Linn for the low blow.

Oh yeah, ready to register in the C car. Just need to get a hold of the registrar.

Racerlinn
09-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Nice vote of confidence. You can always count on Linn for the low blow.
[/b]

heeheeheeheehee....

Sorry, I just had to. Any luck on finding a shell yet? A long winter build ahead?
But then again I don&#39;t think Ruck does anything slow (eat, drink beer, drive cars...)

downingracing
09-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Steve,

You sure I can&#39;t talk you into ONE MORe at MidOhio this season? You know you want another shot at me - :018:

Come on - you know you want to... i&#39;ve got cold beer! :birra:

R2 Racing
09-06-2006, 08:33 AM
heeheeheeheehee....

Sorry, I just had to. Any luck on finding a shell yet? A long winter build ahead?
But then again I don&#39;t think Ruck does anything slow (eat, drink beer, drive cars...)
[/b]
I&#39;m actually a very slow eater. :P

Ian brought home his new shell from Chicago on Monday. I&#39;ve already told him that we could get the car on track by the WOR Games, easily. He wants to do a slower, more complete build over the winter instead though.

Hopefully I&#39;ll see you guys this weekend, but I may have to be out running around picking up parts for my car.

Joe Moser
09-06-2006, 09:53 AM
You can add 2 more entries to ITA (Though we haven&#39;t registered yet!)...

My dad and I will be there this weekend. Sure is nice living back in Michigan and being able to get to these races! Grattan was a blast (other than the Lap 1, Turn 5 incident). BTW, what configurations are we running each day (I know we are going to run 1 day with Club Course, and 1 day with Pro Course, just want to know which day is which)?

Kevin, we&#39;ll miss you at Mid-Ohio... definitely more of an Integra track than Grattan :)

R2 Racing
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Kevin, we&#39;ll miss you at Mid-Ohio... definitely more of an Integra track than Grattan :)
[/b]
Anything is more of an Integra track than Grattan! But, even Mid Ohio has been not very friendly to my car this year with the new pavement. Well, I suppose I should say it&#39;s just not been as friendly to the Integra as it appears to have been to the CRX&#39;s. But my car just absolutely loves tracks like Road America (coughroadatlantacough), and that will make me extra happy in about two months. :D

downingracing
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Joe,

GREAT! looking forward to having a large ITA field! I think it is the Club course on Sat. and the Pro course on Sun... (not 100% sure - everything is mixing in my head for this weekend!)

Kevin,

Sorry to hear about the car! Hopefully you can still make it up for a beer or Ten!

Racerlinn
09-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Steve,

You sure I can&#39;t talk you into ONE MORe at MidOhio this season? You know you want another shot at me - :018:

Come on - you know you want to... i&#39;ve got cold beer! :birra:
[/b]

Oh, I definately want to but it&#39;s just not in the cards. First football game of the season for my son this weekend plus other family related things that I cannot miss. Plus I only have the budget (and tires) for two more weekends this season. IRP (ORP) is one of them and I am going to run NASA at Putnam Park a week after that. I know, I know, WOR Games is the same weekend, but it costs me a lot less to go to a track 1 hour from my house rather than 4 hours. Plus I haven&#39;t raced there yet this season and I have more family commitments in the evenings that weekend that I can&#39;t skip.

Oh, and I also just plain suck at M-O. :D (although the 1:50 I ran during the Sunday Freedom race was encouraging).

Ian, great to hear about the shell - looking forward to seeing Civic v2.0

downingracing
09-06-2006, 10:44 AM
...WOR Games is the same weekend, but it costs me a lot less to go to a track 1 hour from my house rather than 4 hours That is a lame reason - you will be missing a GREAT weekend of racing at the WOR event! And &#39;cost&#39; can be a touchy word depending on what group you&#39;re running with... Plus I haven&#39;t raced there yet this season Again - Blah, Blah, Blah... and I have more family commitments in the evenings that weekend that I can&#39;t skip... That one I will give you, but the other excuses are crap! :cavallo: [/b]

I&#39;d really like to race you one more time this season! And I can&#39;t make the IRP race due to my daughter having a soccer tourney that weekend, or I would be there!

lateapex911
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
..... But my car just absolutely loves tracks like Road America (coughroadatlantacough), and that will make me extra happy in about two months. :D
[/b]

That&#39;s funny Kevin....nicely put!

R2 Racing
09-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh, and I also just plain suck at M-O.[/b]

Must.....refrain.....from.....slamming.....Steve.. ...

Racerlinn
09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Must.....refrain.....from.....slamming.....Steve.. ...
[/b]

Here, I&#39;ll do it for you:
I suck everywhere else as well!!
I just suck more (a higher level of suckith?) at M-O.
:P

(Sure hope Aztec Red paint doesn&#39;t show too badly on that Charlie Brown Pumpkin Fest orange paint job after IRP...)

dropkick317
09-07-2006, 06:21 AM
I hate to say it but I won&#39;t be at the Downing camp fire Friday. :( I&#39;m not heading down til around midnight Friday (my tow rig will be at Norwalk with a friend untill then). So I&#39;ll see everyone on Saturday. I got a garage again and I think it&#39;s #27 so come and say hi or fu or something.

Ian glad to see you got shell. Maybe you should put a blindspot mirror on this one! :P
( I didn&#39;t want to be left out of all the ball busting.)

downingracing
09-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I believe we will have a projector and dish for the OSU / Texas game on Sat. night... I know we are working on that one! And 6 kegs at the party - should be a good time! And Scott, we will probably have a fire Sat. night too... Don&#39;t want you to feel left out! And I&#39;m looking forward to rcing you again. I love it when you motor by me like I&#39;m standing still :cavallo:

John McFarland
09-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Can&#39;t wait to watch all you crazies duke it out! And when you guys are finished, come out and watch race group 6. I&#39;m running what the Downings had no clue what to do with and gave up on. I was just the dumb one to keep throwing money at it til it hurt! Now it&#39;s running pretty well. But I have a -hit load of SRF&#39;s to deal with! They suck!

downingracing
09-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I&#39;m actually loaded up and ready to go! I&#39;ll be up at the track around 2:00pm. I&#39;ll be working registration on and off tonight. We have a &#39;good&#39; number of entries and a &#39;good&#39; number of corner workers! Don&#39;t forget about the pasta w/ meatballs, 6 kegs of beer, and the OSU vs. Texas game!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! If you&#39;re still on the fence about this event, GET OUT HERE! You know it is going to be the BEST race at Mid-Ohio this year!

R2 Racing
09-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Did you officially get the projector and satellite for the OSU vs. Texas game? If so, combined with six kegs of beer, I just may have to stick around Saturday night.

Racerlinn
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Well? Anyone? Bueller?
Did Downing fall in the camp fire?
Did Ruck drink all the beer?
Did Ian do anything spectacular in the ITC car?
Did Matt give Scott the finger when he passed him?

R2 Racing
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Did Downing fall in the camp fire? - Not that I know of.
Did Ruck drink all the beer? - I did not, but not for a lack of trying.
Did Ian do anything spectacular in the ITC car? - Ian didn&#39;t do too bad and ran some decent times. I&#39;m sure if he wasn&#39;t trying to run off some probationary races, he would&#39;ve been faster.
Did Matt give Scott the finger when he passed him? - Matt got around Scott for about 10ft on Sunday and I&#39;m not sure if there was any fingering action or not.

Scott actually was winning ITA for the first 10 laps on Saturday, while holding off Mark Hopkins and Goran. Then he decided to spin himself out and into the tirewall in the carousel. His car was ok except for some scuffed up paint and he recovered to finish second. Unfortunately on the next lap, Mark and Goran got together in thundervalley with Mark&#39;s car getting thrown hard right directly into the gaurd rail. It needs at least an entire front clip and is done for the year, but Mark was thankfully ok.

Also, Joe Moser rolled his car in the gravel trap of turn one during Saturday&#39;s qualifying. The car is really beat up but I think it&#39;s mainly "just" the sheet metal and not the frame. He then ended up running Bob&#39;s car the rest of the weekend and won very easily on Sunday.

So after Saturdays races, I went and talked with Mark and looked at his car. Then I found the Mosers and looked at Joe&#39;s car. At the same time I couldn&#39;t help but think about mine and Colin&#39;s car and came to the conclusion that "This just isn&#39;t any fun at all when this shit keeps happening." That&#39;s four of the top ITA cars in the CenDiv (and in the country, IMO) that got taken out in one weeks time. That&#39;s seriously depressing. I have no doubt that everyone will be back better than ever, and everyone walked away just fine, so I guess that&#39;s the silver lining. But any way you look at it, this just isn&#39;t much fun right now.

Saturday night though was still fun as hell as Ian, Joe, Rob Huffmaster, Matt, Edwin Ho, and I all hung out bench racing for hours and trying our hardest to empty the kegs. Plus the OSU football game was on the background with a nice projector and white sheet inside the Honda pavillion.

John McFarland
09-11-2006, 06:24 PM
I had a great time with Mr Hobbs and the Downing bros. Thanks for the great hospitality! We all had a great Saturday but Sunday we all fell a position. I hope we all redeem ourselves at the Brat Bash.

Looking forward to doing next years event! Need to pass more SRF&#39;s!

Matt the big screen of the game was great. Too bad I was too tired to watch all of it. :015:

The Buck&#39;s prevailed though!

downingracing
09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
THANK YOU to everyone who came out to help make this a GREAT weekend! The weather was awesome, the turnout (drivers and workers) was awesome, the whole weekend was GREAT! The Friday night fire was a blast, the Sat. night party/game/bench racing was one of the best in years! I really am having a good time in ITA. Large fields, great drivers and great racing! I managed to knock another few tenths off my best time... Not too bad for a crap car and a fair driver! 4th on Sat. and 5th on Sun.. Not top 3, but I&#39;ll take it! I&#39;ve never passed someone in 10 with my right wheels on the curbing (left hander!). Clean racing and tons of fun - that is what it is all about! Looking forward to WOR Games (and Maybe Nelson if the budget can do it and I figure out the check engine light issue...)

Matt

RacerBill
09-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Matt: Thanks to you and the other Co-Race Chairs for a great event. Although the Shelby is still having fuel issues, we are working like crazy to get them sorted out. Called my son Sunday and he suggested that the spring on the fuel return port in the stock fuel filter might be weak, causing the fuel to go back to the tank instead of the carb. Checked the fuel flow from the fuel pump last night and ti looked good.

Anyway, we lowered our personal best lap time by 10 seconds, got to race someone, passed a car or two, and even managed to experience a spin (and continue - no hits, no runs, no fouls).

Thanks for the campfire Friday night!

John, was nice meeting you up on the hill. I will definitely park on the uphill side of the street, so we&#39;re all on the same side of the street at the WOR Games.

See you all in October.

iagreen
09-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Are you sure you want to go to WOR Games Matt? I should be back in &#39;A&#39; then with an Integra. Maybe you should just do Nelson. :P

trd771
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
You guys need to come to the ORP (IRP) at the end of the month. A lot of track time and the handicap race is fun to run and a blast to watch.

Are they any results from last weekend posted yet

downingracing
09-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Results are at: http://www.ovr-scca.org/eventResults/race.asp

Thanks again to everyone who came out to support this event! I wish my camera would have worked on Sun. - I should have had some good video to share. Did you know you can go 3/wide thru 10 and 10a?!?!?!

bldn10
09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Did you run w/o the chicane on Sun. or what? Everyone is 2-3 secs. quicker and Huffmaster is not shown w/ a lap record although he was 2 secs. quicker than Sat.

R2 Racing
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Bill, you are correct, Sunday was ran without the chicane.

datadude
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Finally got an amb file - Saturday results are up on mylaps but the file for sunday is junk so it will not be posted - corrupt. Search Neohio and then find the result

John McFarland
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
It was one of those rare occasions that we did run the pro course. You sure can carry a lot of speed up to the braking zone.

It&#39;s fun, but it&#39;s more fun to throw it through the chicane!

bldn10
09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I liked to fell out of my chair when I saw Huffmaster&#39;s 41. Then I saw that everyone was quicker and figured something was up.