PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Contingency Sponsorship

bobpink
08-06-2006, 09:31 AM
It's already that time to be thinking of the 2006 American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta. Companies interested in being a part of the event through a contingency sponsorship can find a downloadable form on the main page of the ARRC website. The companies supporting the racers at the ARRC have always been one of the most important parts of this event and we look forward to continued participation by long-time sponsors and some new faces.

www.arrc-online.com

RSTPerformance
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Bob-

Anyway we can have the contingency's offered posted on the website BEFORE the event???

I have griped about this for years and I don't understand why it hasn't changed. Whome is the best person to talk to about it? I know I would NOT sponsor this event if I was a company simply because you (the ARRC event) doesn't gloat what is being offered enough.

I appreciate those sponsors who give a % discount or $$$ discount for a finishing position but I don't feel that they should get the same credit (national advertisement) as someone like Koni, Hoosier (and others) who actually is giving free products or services. It would be nice to see what companies are offering what, and it would be nice to know in advance. It could determine what we (competitors) run for products on our cars, and I think that is the overall goal of sponsorship.

Raymond

bobpink
08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Raymond,

I'll hang my head and say that I have been doing the ARRC website since its inception in 1996 which means the lack of contingency info rests on my shoulders. I agree with you that the info should be there before the race weekend. That being said, the ARRC website will be undergoing some development before this year's event which it sorely needs at this point and the contingency info is at the top of the list to be added.

Thanks,

RSTPerformance
08-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I had them replaced last year when I was having a little trouble with fuel pump and was told they would probably flow a little better ran the older ones.

I'll reword my post..

Please only people interested in buying the car, not criticizing my post... :bash_1_:

Thanks,
[/b]

Bob-

I think that the website has always been excellent, and I am looking forward to seeing the "new" sponsorship section!!! Maybe we can figure out what stickers we want before we race instead of sending crew over to sign up for everything!!!! I really don't want to be pushy but if we could sign up on-line for different contingencies that would be awsome also!!! I am not sure how to do that, but I am sure that someone whom reads this would love to set up some online forms for ya!!!

Raymond "thanks for the reply Bob!!!" Blethen

ITTdriver
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Fletcher Williams and I are responsible for obtaining the contingency sponsors for ARRC. I would love to have the entire sponsor list completed well in advance. The reality is that we always have to scramble to get many of the sponsors forms just prior to the event. I usually visit Kinkos/Fed Ex mid-week prior to the ARRC to get final forms printed. I also usually burn off a vacation day or two on my dime to finalize the sponsor packages.
As an entrant at ARRC my prep schedule would be much improved and there is nothing I would enjoy more than buttoning up the sponsors by the published deadline of September 30th but it just doesn't happen.
I'm not bitching about the time and effort it takes to make the sponsorship happen but participants should understand that this is a large undertaking for two people, especially volunteers!

RSTPerformance
08-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Understandable for certain....

If possible it would be cool to see them posted as they are turned in, and maybe that would entice the sponsors to get the forms in sooner as it would increase the exposure on the website!!!

Just a thought, and don't get me wrong at all, I commend you all for putting on the best regional race weekend Iin the country year after year. Congrats :happy204: