PDA

View Full Version : Still Plays with Cars?

Rabbit07
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Who's thinking about it?

Eagle7
08-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Wouldn't miss it.

Gregg (Baker), you coming?

R2 Racing
08-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Put me in the "thinking about it" category.

At the last Mid Ohio event, I think Colin, Alex, and Jamie...or Jaime...Quaderer were all planning on doing it.

gsbaker
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
:mad1: :bash_1_: @#@#%@#^^%^&$$%^&*$!!@!!!

Naw Marty, I can't make it. I'm so jammed up I couldn't make Daytona last weekend. How lame is that, eh?

To make things even more bizzare, the once-every-five-years Creston HS reunion is later that month, and it's been on my calendar for about 4.9 years. Any chance they could move the race date back? :)

dropkick317
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm still thinking about it too. I guess if everyone else is going I should go too.

But if I make this race I may have to scrub nelson from my schedule. (I sure would like to race in my own backyard for once this year.)

Joe Moser
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I've never been to Grattan before and I don't remember the last time I had to learn a new track! Hopefully I still know how to do it! :blink:

As long as my move back to Michigan at the end of August goes smooth, I'll have no problem making it! My dad might make it as well for the Sunday race, but he'll be out of town until late on Saturday night...

Kevin, are you guys camping up there? Should be fun if you and Colin make it out!

R2 Racing
08-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Yea, if I go I'll most likely just have an open trailer and my van that I can sleep in. What I'm trying to put together right now is to do the double at Road America the weekend before, staying for a week at my parents lake house in Wisconsin for a little R&R, and then hitting Grattan the following weekend on my way back to Ohio. If I do all of that, I'll just take the van. It's just a matter of getting that week off of work at the moment.

As of right now, I'm about 99% sure that Colin said he was going to be there. I know he didn't do the Memorial Day event there but usually does the Labor Day event. If you, Colin, Quaderer, MacDonald, and I all show up we'll have a hell of a race (I hope). Too bad for me that track is tailor made for CRXen though.

Eagle7
08-08-2006, 05:39 AM
They've got us all in group 5. I fear you guys are going to clean my clock.

Rabbit07
08-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Cool, sounds like there will be a good ITA Field! I hope I can be there. I sent my entry in, but I may have to run off to Topeka for the National to support a customer.

esuvee
08-14-2006, 07:57 PM
I'll definitely be there and it looks like Jan Rief will show up with his Integra also. Steve Sancricca's CRX is also likely from our office.

Hopefully I can keep the car pointed the right way this time. Post mortem of the Mid-O weekend showed 0.2" toe out in the rear which would explain things. Must have happened on the trailer, though, so a better toe gauge will be packed for labor day just in case.

Alex

dropkick317
08-14-2006, 09:25 PM
I have decided to sit this one out. I should be at the next two mid-ohio races,nelson and then hopefully the arrc. But right now who knows.

R2 Racing
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I'll definitely be there and it looks like Jan Rief will show up with his Integra also.[/b]
Yup, ok, for sure coming now. Another Integra to race with, FINALLY, YES!!!!

I actually got my week of vacation approved yesterday so I'll be doing Road America, a week of boating and fishing in Wisconsin, and then Grattan. Now THAT'S a vacation! Too bad my list of things I want to do to the car before then keeps getting longer.

and then hopefully the arrc[/b]
I should start a thread about CenDiv cars going to the ARRC. I imagine Colin, the Mosers, and I will all go again this year and I know that Chris Childs and Scott Lunder have been talking about it. Maybe we can also talk the likes of Hopkins, MacDonald, Marhefka, and Quaderer into coming too. Roll the field in ITA! B)

R2 Racing
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Entry form faxed this morning and looking forward to it! :023:

Rabbit07
08-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I just prepped the car and loaded it in the trailer! :)

ftamagician
08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Still have to get a broken left front axel and assembly replaced on the Cougar (it broke on the LAST lap of the last event I did at the Gingerman school and regional!! Good thing or it probably would've went on the FIRST lap this weekend!)...but sent in the entry and HOPE to be there!!!

This will be my very FIRST time on the track there so looking at this as a "learning the track and staying out of the way" weekend!!! By next year I'll be better 'n faster...but still staying out of the way!!

I've been to Grattan to watch so know the place okay...still trying to figure the best place to have the car (on the main road past registration up on the hill or over inside the track??? Any suggestions??) I know Marty and the #13 have a nice place...any room near there???? Just down from grid area.

The fire and beers afterwards sure sounds nice!!

Eagle7
08-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Tom, you're running out of time. Get that thing fixed! :023:

I expect Kevin will be outside the track up the hill. Don't know about anyone else. You're welcome to paddock next to me if you want. Let me know whether to save you some space. I won't be there much in the evening (I hope), so you'll have to share the fire and beer with someone else.

The bad thing about paddocking outside is that you can get caught out there and miss your session. Right Kevin? :bash_1_: Last May George Russel found a flatspotted tire just before qualifying. He set a new world's record time in coming across to borrow a tire, change the tire and get into his suit, and line up for qualifying. Too much stress for me.

ftamagician
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks Marty!! That'd be great if I had some space next to where you always are!!

Knowing Grattan, I was already thinking how somebody could get "shut out" if they were running a little late and the gate got closed!! I'm having enough "STRESS" worring about getting the car ready and all (found out a while ago that the new axel will be in tomarrow and if so, things should be ready) and don't need any more!!

I just have an old open trailer with a GMC Jimmy towing...so not a big rig at all so won't need too much space. Right now we're planning on coming back here Fri night and then stay somewhere (the track or a place in Belding) Sat night.

Since I've never been on the track before there, I'm coming early Friday (IF it works out) for a last half of day practice to get some "learning" laps in. I'm sure that will help with things on Sat and Sun!!

What time do you usually get there (Friday)??

Eagle7
08-28-2006, 06:02 PM
The morning test sessions end at 1 PM. The afternoon starts at 2. They usually run open-wheel first, so on-track is probably 2:30. I think the latest I'll get there is 1, and try to get my paddock set up before 2:30. I'll save you space if you don't beat me there.

R2 Racing
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Since I'll be coming from Wisconsin on a day that I don't have to work and can get there at a decent hour, I am fully planning on being in the infield this time. I only have a van and a open trailer, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm really looking forward to this because the car was unbelievably fast at at Road America last weekend with its long straights and fast corners. Now this weekend will be the opposite end of the spectrum and we'll see how it does.

R2 Racing
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Just realizing that we should probably do the hotel thing at Grattan. 2 in the van was cozy, 3 will be unpleasantly awkward. Where does everyone stay? Looking now at the WMR recommended Radisson ($80?) or motel6 ($40). Any recommendations?

p.s. Kevin said I need to say this is Ian :024:

Ian - Living vicariously through Kevin's screename

Eagle7
08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Grattan is really bad for convenient hotels. Nothing very close. You try Google Hotel Maps for Rockford, Greenville, Cascade.

ftamagician
08-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Marty...hope you can save a space 'til Sat morning as the way things are going, that's when I'll get there.

We're have all kinds of problems. Got the axel fixed and now having electrical stuff not working right.

At least me and this car are a "start 'n run at the rear" combo, so I guess IF I can get the practice session in okay (unless something else breaks or stops working) I won't be much worse than if I'd practiced on Friday anyway.

I have rode around this place a couple times and walked the track (twice) a few weeks ago.

If we can't get things working right by tomarrow evening, I'm going to cancel this weeekend anyway...will let you know!

Eagle7
08-31-2006, 08:40 AM
OK, best of luck Tom. We'll keep the light on for ya.

esuvee
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
We always stay at the Candlestone Inn/Golf Course just east of the track (about a 5-10min drive). It's by far the closest place and it's decent, really cheap and has a respectable restaurant attached. Go to www.candlestone.com for more info.

However, this weekend we'll have the dog along so we're staying at the Radisson in GR. (the Radisson in town allows pets but the old, slightly run down local place doesn't?)

Alex

Rabbit07
08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
I stay at the Red Roof in Grand Rapids sometimes. Its about 25 mins from the track, but only $45-$50 a night.

gsbaker
09-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, dammit, what's going on? Don't we have any trackside reporters on WiFi? :)

Eagle7
09-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, dammit, what's going on? Don't we have any trackside reporters on WiFi? :)
[/b]
Are you kidding? We're lucky to have phones out here. :lol:

ITS/ITA race - big pile up on lap 1 turn 5. Evidently an accordian behind a GT1 Camero on cold slicks. Took out Kevin Ruck and Colin Botha, and damaged Joe Moser. The race was black flagged for about 15 minutes while they cleaned up the carnage. On the restart Joe quickly worked back through the field (he is one quick puppy) and won ITA by a nose over Mark Rushbrook with Alex MacDonald one second behind in third.
Rob Huffmaster was as fast as ever and had a walk in the park in ITS. I got my first 2nd place finish with Steve Barth third. Russ White did a bang-up job (no - not literally) running on his novice permit and his first time at the track.

tom91ita
09-02-2006, 08:26 PM
will kevin and colin be able to run at mid-ohio in two weeks for the nasa honda challenge nationals?

Eagle7
09-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Kevin pancaked the front end - hood was buckled. Had to be towed in.
The results sheet shows Colin did a lap or two after the incident, then must have pulled in. Looked like rear suspension damage but I'm not sure.
I don't know the extent of the damage to either car, but those guys seem to be able to work miracles with them.

gsbaker
09-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Aw, man. That's a shame.

R2 Racing
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
will kevin and colin be able to run at mid-ohio in two weeks for the nasa honda challenge nationals?
[/b]
It'll be tough, but I'd put money on both of us still being there. The cars might not be very pretty though. My car needs a front bumper, bumper beem, entire core support, hood, both fenders, both doors, drivers side headlight, both corner markers, both turn signals, radiator, and frame straightening. This f*cking blows.

I drove home last night doing 298 miles in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Got home early enough to go out with friends and drown my sorrows.

Eagle7
09-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Sunday was pretty uneventful, at least from my seat.
ITA - Joe Moser, Bob Mosar (sp?), Alex MacDonald
ITS - Same as Saturday

Joe was a tenth off Colin's track record from last year, and Rob was .043 off his old record.

R2 Racing
09-03-2006, 11:57 PM
How did you get Joe's name right but not Bob's? They're father and son, you know. (It's Moser.) :P

So Joe hit only a 1:29.6?

Eagle7
09-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Spelling came from the results sheet. I suspected it was father/son, which is why I put the (sp?) in there. Joe ran a 1:29.657 in Sunday's race (1:29.295 in qualifying). Bob was second fastest in ITA with 1:30.199 in the race. Just for the record, AFAIK, the record is 1:29.531 set by Colin 9/4/05.

Maybe Rob got in Joe's way and slowed him up. I heard they were playing around with each other for a good part on the race.

That really sucks about the car. Story I got was that you were the innocent victim of something that never should have happened.

datadude
09-06-2006, 10:18 AM
All results are posted to mylaps, search Neohio and then search for the event. Remember this is two events.

Eagle7
09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Sure do appreciate you doing that.