PDA

View Full Version : RAL weekend

BobsAuto
08-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone from Road Racing was doing the rally and needed a navigator. I'd love to play at some point over the weekend. Don't have a car to autox, don't have my license anymore, and don't have a car and driver to rally. :(
Gee, I want to play...
Trish

RSTPerformance
08-16-2006, 10:48 AM
This was an e-mail that I got on the NER e-mail list. (you can add yourself to the e-mail list from the NER website if you are interested). Anyway I thought I would help spread the word to the Road Racing folks who might not get much info on other areas of SCCA. I have run this TSD Rally a number of times. Its a good challenge for those looking to try something different.

Raymond "I will try anything" Blethen
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Greetings from the rally world,

Here it is, 10 days till Rally Against Leukemia 2006. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since the last Rally Against Leukemia. We have tried to make this an even bigger and more exciting event for contestants and workers. Friday, August 25th is the date for this year’s rally.

The rally will start and finish at New Hampshire International Speedway. Registration forms are accepted via snail mail, email, and in person the day of the event. Pre-registering helps the rally committee get the info in the computer ahead of time, so if you know you are coming, please send the info in advance. Registration will be 5-7 PM. First car off will be at 7:01, and returning approximately 9:30. There will be a novice school at 6:00. General Instructions and a Novice Primer are posted on the event page of the ner.org website.

I just got in from running the roads, and if I do say so myself, the roads are great. Just the right mix of paved and unpaved, with nearly all the unpaved freshly graded. The emphasis of this rally is on driving enjoyment; caution twisty roads ahead! There are no traps, mileages are given to all turns, and easy to read tulip diagram instructions are the format. Oh yeah, the bonus and chance of a lifetime for many; the rally will end with some mileage on the NHIS road course! The classes for this event are “First Timers”, “Novice”, and “Experienced”. Team up with someone, anyone, and come have fun! There is a lot of emphasis on making this easy for the First Timers and Novices, don’t be afraid, come rallying.

Following the rally, awards will be presented in the tech inspection area. There will be food and drink to partake in while scoring is completed, provided by some of the sponsors. This year, each entrant and worker will get tickets for a raffle. After the rally, more tickets will be available for a nominal fee to increase your odds. The prize pot has grown this year with some great new items, and the value of the pot is already into the thousands of dollars. Not to let all the dogs out, but there are some driving school passes, entertainment passes, service certificates, and meal tickets. There will be at least 3 buckets to put your tickets in, encompassing entertainment, food, and services, maybe more.

Entry incentives are being offered. The whole idea behind this event is two fold; to raise money for leukemia research at UMASS Memorial Foundation and have fun with a car and a friend. To that end, hound your friends, family, and workers to chip in a buck or two towards the cause. Collect $75 or more, and you can rally for free, they’ve paid your entry. Cash or checks totaling $75 minimum must be presented at registration; no pledges allowed on this deal, we want cash, not promises. The person with the highest donation total will get bonus tickets for the raffle.

If you have any questions, email or call, info below. Anyone interested in working, or work-running, drop me a note. Most of all, I hope to see you all there.

Scott Beliveau
RallyMaster, Rally Against Leukemia