PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Looking for Insurance

NiceGuy
08-02-2006, 04:09 AM
good day guys!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company I was quoted for some price. the cost is good but still i need your suggestions to help me more to have an idea and choice to compare...
thank you so much...

BobsAuto
08-02-2006, 07:48 AM
If you own a race car, beware and read the fine print. At one time my ex and I had Liberty Mutual and they cancelled us because we were towing a race car on our trailer. We also knew of someone who got his house insurance cancelled because he owned a race car which was garaged on the property. Many people I know have had good luck with Progressive. It all depends on your driving record and other factors as that. Also, many life insurance companies will not insure you if you are a racer. It is convenient to "forget" to tell them that point and keep the race car in the garage when the insurance guy comes to sell you the insurance.

Chris Wire
08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I can give you a couple of different perspectives, so hopefully one of them will help you out.

I am in the body shop business, so from a repair stand point (should you ever need it) I would offer you this:

1. State Farm - hands down, the absolute best. No aftermarket crap parts, only new OEM or used. Pays to fix it right.

2. USAA - military and family only - very fair on claims, no aftermarket for cars up to 2 yrs old.

3. GEICO, Nationwide, Travelers, Mercury, Zurich - all good to deal with, some a/m parts, usually get what is needed to fix it right eventually.

4. Allstate, Progressive - like pulling teeth to get what we need to fix it right, seems like it's always a battle, likes to write mostly aftermarket parts.

5. Direct General, Florida No-Fault, esurance.com, and the like - RUN Forrest RUN, as fast as you can. Mostly aftermarket, service is VERY slow, you pay for your rental and wait to be reimbursed. Don't waste your time.

Now, from my own personal experience:

1. State Farm - auto cust for 11 years, 1 claim (got rearended) - vehicle fixed right, all OEM, even got my deductible back - NO HASSLE

2. Encompass - home owners cust for 7 years - hurricane damage claim 2 years ago - sent adjuster promptly, got all I had coming to me without a hassle, no rate hike like others have had

3 Steve Goldin Insurance - SCCA ITS and Grand Am racer w/ Goldin Brothers Racing - got me twice the life insurance coverage and saved me $240/yr to boot, A+ rated company. See his ad in Sportscar.

Good luck in your search!

biovic
08-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Niceguy, are you looking for insurance for your race car?
I get a racecar policy by Great American, for theft, fire, trailering, and paddock damage, but does not cover on-track incidents.
I get it through Parish-Heacock Insurance out of FL (800-678-5173). I only pay $250 yearly premium for $15,000 coverage.
I think everyone should have this, especially for trailering and theft.
Victor

Eric Parham
08-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Only one post, and with an external commercial link :018: Smells like spam to me. What does our Moderator think?

JLawton
08-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Only one post, and with an external commercial link :018: Smells like spam to me. What does our Moderator think?
[/b]

Yup, I was thinking the same thing!!

tcpip
08-03-2006, 07:56 AM
I concur on the spam assessment, but I'm happy about the responses it produced. Anyone have thoughts or experiences on insuring a racecar for use on the streets (just to and from the track)?

joeg
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
been there, Jon.

The problem was more with State Safety inspections than with insurance. Gave it up after a while. In addition I run race fuel, so I could not have a registered vehicle...technically.

Cheers.