PDA

View Full Version : 2007 IT7 rule

Toni
07-29-2006, 06:48 PM
IT7

July 1998 this class was initiated for Mazda RX7s model year 1979 through 1985 with a 12 A motor. This class must comply with and be prepared to the IT A rules as published by SCCA GCR and Category Specifications.
Effective October 1, 2005 the spec tire for IT7 is Toyo RA1 DOT - shaved or unshaved. Optional rain tire, Toyo Prosex RA 1 DOT shaved or unshaved, or Hoosier Dirt Stocker DOT.

The REs vote was 10 to 3 in favor of the spec tire. Rules for all regional classes will be posted on www.sedivracing.org within a day or two. I'm waiting on revisions from one of the other classes.

I have been given direction to gather information for all the regional classes for the 2008 season. Information on how this will be completed will be posted on www.sedivracing.org within a few weeks.

Toni Creighton

papabear
07-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Toni,
Thanks for the information and thanks for every thing you have done. One question I still have is about the rain tire. The rule states that Hoosier dirt stockers can be used, but the Hoosier dealer said that they no longer make this tire. Can the Hoosier rain tire be used?

Thanks

RSTPerformance
07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Toni,
Thanks for the information and thanks for every thing you have done. One question I still have is about the rain tire. The rule states that Hoosier dirt stockers can be used, but the Hoosier dealer said that they no longer make this tire. Can the Hoosier rain tire be used?

Thanks
[/b]

For what it is worth I herd the same thing, but I think that is only in an effort to sell the rain tires... I believe that the Dirt Stocker is still used in Dirt racing and will continue to be used for years to come. You might just have to "special order" them.

Raymond "Check out the Hoosier website" Blethen

Toni
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't know. I would guess that would be up to the SOM after competitor protest or Chief's Stewards Action.

The REs were very specific that the rule not be changed in any way. They were given the information on the tire being unavailable. They made their decision.

BTW FYI – the three regions with the most licensed drivers were the ones that voted to have open tire choice. The top two regions with the most licensed drivers in this division have more than half of the all the licensed racers in SEDiv.

Toni Creighton

lateapex911
07-31-2006, 12:17 PM

BTW FYI – the three regions with the most licensed drivers were the ones that voted to have open tire choice. The top two regions with the most licensed drivers in this division have more than half of the all the licensed racers in SEDiv.

Toni Creighton
[/b]

So if I read you correctly, what you want us to infer is that the majority of the drivers wanted an open tire rule, but the minorty won?

Or was it the REs votes which didn't necessarily reflevc the constiuents votes decide the outcome?

See, thats the problem with the whole deal...we'll never know.

Toni
07-31-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm not implying anything. The REs made their decision. The REs decision is what makes the rule. I'm not implying anything else.

The vote was 10 to 3. The three regions with the most racers voted for no spec tire.

All of the Class Review Board, the chiefs of tech, except 2 voted not to have a spec tire in any class. The REs of the regions with the most racers voted with the CRB. All others, including the other racing regions voted to keep the spec tire even when their chief of tech voted no spec tire. The majority vote in the IT7 advisory committee and majority of the opinions received by me were for open tire choice.

Now, how are the regional class rules made in your division? Any differently?

Do you ever race in the Southeast?

Toni

tom_sprecher
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
:dead_horse: :dead_horse: :dead_horse: :dead_horse: :dead_horse: :dead_horse: :dead_horse:

Just let it be.

Butch Kummer
07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Near as I could count from a number of sources, the racers in SEDIV are split pretty much 50/50 on a spec tire rule for IT-7 and Regional Spec Miata. There was a LOT of discussion at the Mid-Year meeting, and the bottom line is the RE's chose not to change the rules without evidence of a solid majority one way or the other. While voting to roll the 2006 rules over for 2007, they also dictated the manner in which any polls will be taken on future rule changes (in all SEDIV classes), including how the ballot should be worded, how ballots will be distributed and how they will be counted. Look for more on that in the near future, but for 2007 the rules stay as they were in 2006.

dickita15
07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
they also dictated the manner in which any polls will be taken on future rule changes (in all SEDIV classes), including how the ballot should be worded, how ballots will be distributed and how they will be counted. Look for more on that in the near future, [/b]
that is good news. have a process and make the process public in advance

chumpy36
07-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Near as I could count from a number of sources, the racers in SEDIV are split pretty much 50/50 on a spec tire rule for IT-7 and Regional Spec Miata. There was a LOT of discussion at the Mid-Year meeting, and the bottom line is the RE's chose not to change the rules without evidence of a solid majority one way or the other. While voting to roll the 2006 rules over for 2007, they also dictated the manner in which any polls will be taken on future rule changes (in all SEDIV classes), including how the ballot should be worded, how ballots will be distributed and how they will be counted. Look for more on that in the near future, but for 2007 the rules stay as they were in 2006.
[/b]

Yay! That makes alot of sense. I'm happy to see it turned out this way.

lateapex911
07-31-2006, 11:14 PM
.... they also dictated the manner in which any polls will be taken on future rule changes (in all SEDIV classes), including how the ballot should be worded, how ballots will be distributed and how they will be counted. Look for more on that in the near future, but for 2007 the rules stay as they were in 2006.
[/b]

NOW you're talking! Thats the best way for everyone concerned.

apexingsupra
08-01-2006, 12:51 PM
[/b]

If SEDIV is going to take a poll in the future I was pleased that some agreed to format and procedure is going to be implemented in the future as was discussed at the mid-year meeting. That was one of my problems with the 06 CRB report on the IT7 tire and SM tire. The REs were never given the actual poll results by the CRB. Instead they were just given a recommendation. In the future under the proposed format the results will be known and the process will be as bias free as it can, and the process should be more transparent. I am all for that.

Barry H.
Ala. Region RE

happyjap
08-01-2006, 01:24 PM

Toni Creighton
[/b]

Are those specs of IT7 drivers or all drivers?